PDA

View Full Version : Front Strut Bar

ron_EA2A
27-09-2004, 10:30 AM
Has anyone fitted the front strut bar onto a GLS galant?
Does the Mit Colt front strut bar compatible to the GLS galant?
Where can i get the front strut bar from?

Big Ian
27-09-2004, 02:02 PM
one from a VR4 will fit a GLS,if you can't track one down here try ebay (worldwide search)..Also The Vee (Andy) may know of someone who can help?

The Vee
27-09-2004, 11:49 PM
Yep mines a V6-24 and fitted with no probs. Got it from Mitsi dealer. you'll need brackets as well. Maybe also worth posting in for sale/wanted as I believe Ftoltd had one

I-S
28-09-2004, 12:29 PM
How much was it from the mitsi dealer? And was that a VR4 one or a different one? Did it make a difference?

The Vee
28-09-2004, 11:01 PM
Think it was about £170 with all the brackets etc. Can't honestly say if it made much difference. Perhaps a little stiffer on hard cornering. Guess the real test would be to take it off again and then try. But at the moment time is very limited so that's something that can go in the "maybe one day" bin !!
Nearly forgot - yes it is a VR4 one

avander_be
07-01-2005, 10:25 PM
Attention, stupid questions ahead...

My English is a bit rusted by times and i was wondering what you ment by 'brackets'? Do you mean the two kinda red half circles that fit the strut bar on the car or is it something else needed to fit these two ( actually three pieces)?

I understood that this genuine VR4 strut bar does fit an EA2W like mine, right?

TIA.

Nick Mann
07-01-2005, 11:48 PM
Each assumption is spot on!

avander_be
08-01-2005, 02:26 PM
Great, then i'm a happy man since i just found one on ebay last night
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7945360224&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Should cost me $145 all in... seems acceptable to me, i hope customs are not going to get greedy. :rolleyes:

Nick Mann
08-01-2005, 02:42 PM
That's the one! Good find!

avander_be
17-01-2005, 02:30 PM
There seems to be an inscription on the strut bar but i haven't found a picture clear enough to read it, any idea?

adam_shaw
17-01-2005, 03:02 PM
IIRC it just says Mitsubishi, kinda embossed on it.

A

avander_be
21-01-2005, 07:08 PM
Unbelievable, it just arrived all the way from Singapore... we are really living in a global village! The other good news is 'no extra charges for customs', yeah.

The brackets need a repaint before mounting but that's no problem.

Any tips on mounting it would be appreciated.

The Vee
22-01-2005, 09:07 AM
Unbelievable, it just arrived all the way from Singapore... we are really living in a global village! The other good news is 'no extra charges for customs', yeah.

The brackets need a repaint before mounting but that's no problem.

Any tips on mounting it would be appreciated.

Great news mate
Only one tip, they are easy to fit but tighten down brackets on top mounts before tightening cross bar bolts - and that's it

avander_be
22-01-2005, 10:38 AM
Great news mate
Only one tip, they are easy to fit but tighten down brackets on top mounts before tightening cross bar bolts - and that's it

Yep, i figured that out, thanks.

Wonder if i can simply unscrew the bolts around the shocks without skewing the geometry... of course this needs to be done with the car on a flat surface and the bolts need to be tightened using a torque wrench.