PDA

View Full Version : Lubricating bushes.

simpsonm
27-09-2004, 04:20 PM
How does one go about lubricating the bushes on the suspension?

I still have a major creaking noise when braking and turning the steering wheel. I have had this for a couple of months now and it's starting to wear my patience thin.

A mechanic used WD40 on them the last time it was in, but this stuff does not last long as it came back fairly quickly.

Is it easy to do or better to get it done.

nick-f1
27-09-2004, 05:06 PM
How does one go about lubricating the bushes on the suspension?

I still have a major creaking noise when braking and turning the steering wheel. I have had this for a couple of months now and it's starting to wear my patience thin.

A mechanic used WD40 on them the last time it was in, but this stuff does not last long as it came back fairly quickly.

Is it easy to do or better to get it done.

Chap who works for me had this on his Gls, local garage reckoned it had been thru water and did the same as you, but was back within a couple of days! Booked it into mitsi for balljoint recall and they fixed it for free, including bottom wishbone!!!!!

simpsonm
27-09-2004, 05:17 PM
Unfortunately mine isn't covered by the recall as it is a 99 model. I had it in for its service and they checked the system.

May call them and see if they will give it a look.

nick-f1
27-09-2004, 06:31 PM
It might be worth a call , Scott with his GLS had the front shock/bushes changed as well at his own expense( made no difference.... so much for home mechanics) before calling mitsi .There are several threads on this problem if you search

All the best,

Nick

simpsonm
01-10-2004, 08:37 PM
Got under the car with some Silicon based lube this afternoon. Lathered all the bushes with the stuff. Now sounds much quieter, only sound I get now is a groan from the rear brakes when pressing the brake peddal. I think this is the norm.

HJM
01-10-2004, 11:22 PM
So disappointed about this thread from the title :lipsrseal :topic:

Physician
01-10-2004, 11:57 PM
So disappointed about this thread from the title :lipsrseal :topic:

Ditto !! :sad3:

simpsonm
02-10-2004, 12:58 PM
Scuse me?

wirdy
02-10-2004, 11:08 PM
:-D :-D
HJM, the stuff you're thinking of is water-based though, so no good for suspension parts :-D

Sorry simpsonm, we're a bit gutteral here! ;) glad you've sorted your prob - keep us posted if it's a permanent solution. My Dad always told me to sell a car on a damp day - when it's test driven, there are no squeaks at all!!!

simpsonm
04-10-2004, 10:14 AM
Hehehe my sense of humor took a walk that day. Thought you mean't I had posted the thread in the wrong section.

I mentioned lubrcating bushes in the office at work and had a number of girls look my way with smiles on their faces.

Sorry did I say girls, I mean't GRANNIES... :sad3: