PDA

View Full Version : Can chchthomo please get in touch with Quinton

bradc
04-01-2011, 08:41 AM
Quinton hasn't heard from you for a while and was surprised to be contacted by Fully today in an abusive manner regarding this. As far as Q is aware, he is waiting for you to either sort out the freight or to put in some money to cover for the freight for the rear lights to go down to Christchurch. You can get him on qcustoms@xtra.co.nz

It would be preferred if Fully doesn't do anything further, especially to try and limit chchthomo getting in touch with Quinton as this will only draw out the process further and cause extra complications. Frankly it would be preferred by Quinton if you had nothing to do with it at all Fully, and I'm sure that as chchthomo just wants to get the rear lights as soon as possible, it is also in his best interest for Fully to stay away from something that has nothing to do with him.

Nutter_John
04-01-2011, 01:43 PM
Why could this not have been sent via a PM Brad ?

Humpty's Revenge
04-01-2011, 02:13 PM
Why could this not have been sent via a PM Brad ?

Not related John, just coincidence but can you still PM a member if they have been suspended?

elnevio
04-01-2011, 07:10 PM
I think the suggestion is that Brad could have PMed chchthomo.

Ryan
04-01-2011, 07:11 PM
Perhaps chchcthhomo inbox is full or doesn't check pm's? *shrugs*

chchthomo
04-01-2011, 07:21 PM
my inbox has never been full,however i wont get into a he did i did situation on the forum. i will send Q an e mail.

bradc
04-01-2011, 08:05 PM
Exactly, this way it is out in public, not in a 'private message' for everyone to see exactly when Thomo sees it and gets in touch :)

I also wanted to point out that Fully was abusive to Q and used words like scum and tosser and the overall tone of the email was fairly threatening, including taking a transfer case 'ransom' that Q has paid from Scott, which translates to stealing.

Pugme
04-01-2011, 08:09 PM
have all you aussies lost your barbies!! :p

Humpty's Revenge
04-01-2011, 08:11 PM
have all you aussies lost your barbies!! :p

Darren these guys are in New Zealand bud!:curtain:

Pugme
04-01-2011, 08:12 PM
yeah i know ;)

elnevio
04-01-2011, 08:13 PM
Exactly, this way it is out in public, not in a 'private message' for everyone to see exactly when Thomo sees it and gets in touch :)

I also wanted to point out that Fully was abusive to Q and used words like scum and tosser and the overall tone of the email was fairly threatening, including taking a transfer case 'ransom' that Q has paid from Scott, which translates to stealing.

This makes no sense? Why oh why would 'everyone need to see exactly when Thomo sees it and gets in touch'? Surely no-one but the two parties involved in either side of a private transaction cares?

Rather than putting this in the public forum, please provide details of these alleged transgressions to the Committee - or you should withdraw the comments. There are some serious allegations in there, e.g. 'stealing', and they cannot remain on the forum without supporting evidence. Just to reiterate, this should be provided to the Committee, not placed upon a public forum.

I suspect that this thread will need to be severely mown, or removed entirely quite shortly. Just so you know.

bradc
04-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Fully also felt it important to point out that he was 'bigger than you' (aimed at Q) which almost sounds physical to me.

bradc
04-01-2011, 08:17 PM
Nev, I have the emails that Q forwarded me, they aren't allegations on my behalf as such, they are very very clearly worded. The reason I put it out here is so that everyone can see when or if Thomo gets in touch. It is now easy to see he will be doing that this morning.

The only reason why I'm posting here and trying to help out Q is that he is banned at the moment and has no way of getting in touch with Thomo. I also felt it important to mention the other things.

elnevio
04-01-2011, 08:28 PM
Nev, I have the emails that Q forwarded me, they aren't allegations on my behalf as such, they are very very clearly worded.
If you are so keen to help Q out, then surely sending these in may well help in Q's mitigation, even if you tell us that's the only reason for sending them to us.

The reason I put it out here is so that everyone can see when or if Thomo gets in touch.
You already said this, but not said WHY?

The only reason why I'm posting here and trying to help out Q is that he is banned at the moment and has no way of getting in touch with Thomo.
Surely this would still have been most suited to a PM. If you still REALLY felt the need to put up a public thread, then a simple 'contact me' thread would have sufficed - then no doubt you could have forwarded on relevant contact details in a helpful fashion.

I also felt it important to mention the other things.
Why? It could well be perceived as plain old stirring.

Ryan
04-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Q is banned?

Surely there should have been a committee announcement to this effect? I mean, I'm not trying to bat for him or anything but I'm just thinking about if there are other users wanting to contact him for parts / payments and being unable to do so?

bradc
04-01-2011, 08:32 PM
Ryan, that is another complaint. His access was removed yesterday morning sometime and as of about 9pm last night he hadn't received a thing from the comittee which is poor form.

Nev, pm me your email, I'll forward it through to you.

elnevio
04-01-2011, 08:37 PM
If a banned/suspended user tries logging on, it tells you that you are banned/suspended and that you can contact the Committee by using the email link on that page. Happy to hear if this isn't working. The infractions system should also send emails to the registered email address, AFAIK. Again, if this hasn't happened, please let us know. The system is new to to VB4 (and thus CVR4) and whilst tested to some extent behind the scenes hasn't been rigorously tested in the field, so to speak.

And PM is on its way. :)

bradc
04-01-2011, 08:41 PM
emailed :)

bradc
05-01-2011, 09:01 AM
Just had an email from Q, he still hasn't heard from you Thomo.

chchthomo
05-01-2011, 09:31 AM
tell him to be a little patient, i have waited since the 19th august 2010 for a reply to my pms.

Fully
05-01-2011, 09:58 AM
Fully also felt it important to point out that he was 'bigger than you' (aimed at Q) which almost sounds physical to me.
Have you lost your marbles?
Your reading to much into it.

Posting snipits from emails is very very bad form!

chris g
05-01-2011, 11:08 AM
It isn't helpful to keep posting bits of info after Admin have advised and requested that problems be handled through PM/email to them

And it would be quite reasonable when dealing with problems to speak of being 'bigger than' someone to describe being more adult than them, not showing child-like responses...

But I do not know context and it can be really unhelpful to post such stuff without the context and best NOT to post any of it despite apparent motives of pointing out important stuff so that people knew and the parties may be prompted to make contact, to sort things...

Best to keep out of it, stop posting and let the issues get sorted appropriately without spilling out onto these forums...

bradc
05-01-2011, 11:17 AM
Tom, thats fine, I'll let Q know that you haven't done anything yet.

Chris, I don't really want to be involved at all! But I feel that I must try and help out Q, and I don't really care what the admin staff say.

Q has been banned unfairly for not sending an item when freight has not been paid for the item (as a primary contributing factor) without any explanation given to him. As of tonight (36 hours after the initial ban) he still hasn't received a single thing letting him know exactly why or what has happened and hasn't been given a chance to explain his side, which is pretty bloody poor. At the very least he should be told why this has happened from an admin.

At the moment the admin staff can clearly see Tom hasn't been in touch with Q, as such the problem is still being resolved and I see no reason why Q shouldn't be allowed back onto the forums. Having his access suspended is only going to cause problems for other members trying to purchase things from him which is only going to cause more problems.

Nutter_John
05-01-2011, 11:38 AM
Brad , at what point did any admin state that Q have been susspended for not sending stuff out ?

bradc
05-01-2011, 12:30 PM
Well that is the problem. He doesn't know why he has been suspended because noone has told him. The only thing he knows is that he can't access anything on the site at the moment and a day and a half later still hasn't been told why.

Nutter_John
05-01-2011, 12:43 PM
Maybe if he read the message that gets presented when he trys to access the site it clearly states 14 point infraction - one month ban . He now also has an email sent to his registered email address with the breakdown of the infraction points .

More to the point Brad when his account was susspended did it also susspend his abillity to email the club asking for a reason , the simple answer to that is no , he has not been in touch with any of the admins or mods of the forum saying he would like an explanation .

Discussion of the reason behind the clubs actions are between the member and the club , they are not for general debate so please stop trying to provoke a fire fight

elnevio
05-01-2011, 01:21 PM
Contact has been made, and this thread serves no other purpose, other than being Mower fodder.