PDA

View Full Version : My turn now!

mike74
05-01-2011, 06:27 PM
After the lovely snowy weather we recently had, the steering in the VR's become very light & has developed a knock from the offside front corner. I asked my mechanic friend to have a look at it (fearing imminent ball-joint failure) & he said that there's some play in the control arm bushes, front & back. So....does anyone know where/if anyone sells polyurethane bushes for the old girl?
I had a look on here but it sounds like I missed the boat on the group buy & can't find anyone that sells them off the shelf :(
If I can't source seperate bushes, it sounds like I'll be experiencing open-wallet surgery to replace most of the suspension arms! /duh

Thanks in advance peeps :)

Mark 4
05-01-2011, 07:12 PM
Try Swinks.

mike74
06-01-2011, 09:24 AM
Cheers bud, I'll drop him a pm today :)

swinks
06-01-2011, 11:35 AM
Mike, I did last group buy in August. Still have no feedback due to bushes quality and there was one issue, but overall, still it was pretty good deal in terms of money. Since last order in July the manufactureur got few more orders from PL chaps specifically for VR4 suspension, and I know that they made also moulds for more bushes than I placed in my order.
Yes, I consider to launch new group buy for poly bushes in March (I'm very busy at the moment). But first I need to confirm that producent improved quality a bit.

mike74
06-01-2011, 12:08 PM
Mike, I did last group buy in August. Still have no feedback due to bushes quality and there was one issue, but overall, still it was pretty good deal in terms of money. Since last order in July the manufactureur got few more orders from PL chaps specifically for VR4 suspension, and I know that they made also moulds for more bushes than I placed in my order.
Yes, I consider to launch new group buy for poly bushes in March (I'm very busy at the moment). But first I need to confirm that producent improved quality a bit.

Cool beans bud. I'll keep my eyes open in the meantime for folk that are selling them but failing that, I'll definitely be up for a group buy! :)

mike74
17-01-2011, 11:01 PM
...& stumbled across these:
http://www.priracing.com/section.php/288/1/vr4-legnum

Has anyone ever heard of this manufacturer or better still, tried these bushes on a VR4? If they're kak then I'll give them a miss but I'm still tempted to get the front lower arm set as a trial :)

Nick Mann
17-01-2011, 11:07 PM
Priracing did our first lash adjuster group buy a few years back. The company were good to deal with then. I can't comment on the bushes though.

mike74
18-01-2011, 01:34 PM
Cool, cheers Nick. I'll give them a bash & see how they fair then :)