PDA

View Full Version : New VR4 Owner

JimDiGritz
28-09-2004, 09:14 PM
Wooh!

Well I am the new proud owner of ReggieK's UK official 2000 VR4. :D

Fantastic car, comfy enough for my long motorway hacks to see clients and yet still lairy enough to wipe the smile off of many a hot hatch owner - and the M3 this morning... "keep up mate, this is a 4 door automatic! :laugh: why is your girlfriend covering her face?"

Anyway. usual downsides, fuel performance is prolly going to be measured in Gallons per Mile and the 9000 miles between servicing is going to £££ hurt.. however have no regrets at buying this lovely motor from a real straight shooter! (that is until I found out that it has been clocked. cut & shut and stolen recovered!! :p j/k )

Looks like I will be paying up the subs to join the club, hell I already have the ClubVR4 sticker in the rear window!

Jim

PS My girlfriend has named it the Stealth Bomber... nuff said!

SGHOM
28-09-2004, 09:22 PM
Wey Hey !!! :D :D another member added to the clan !!
Welcome Jim !! :welcome: sit back, relax, & enjoy the ride of your life !! :-b :-b

Nick Mann
28-09-2004, 09:26 PM
Anyway. usual downsides, fuel performance is prolly going to be measured in Gallons per Mile and the 9000 miles between servicing is going to £££ hurt..

So it'll hurt even more when I tell you that the turbo models need an interim fluid change, then.

4500 mile services! :lipsrseal

If you are still reading, welcome to the club!

The Vee
28-09-2004, 11:26 PM
A big welcome to Jim and his Stealth Bomber !!

Kieran
29-09-2004, 07:20 AM
PS My girlfriend has named it the Stealth Bomber... nuff said!

:-D Excellent news. You'll be very happy with that. I know that ReggieK was, and so was Il Dottore before him - I think they both regretted selling that car. It'll do you proud! :-b

And "Stealth Bomber"..... Now that's a cracking title!!! :-b :-D

Spirit
29-09-2004, 07:23 AM
Yeah welcome to VR4 ownership Jim, you'll love that motor mate ;)

Just recently moved onto my second one...... :laugh:

Polabear
29-09-2004, 09:54 AM
Welcome to the club mate.... :D although I think it should be named either the Stealth Fighter, cos they ARE very stealthy and can mix it with the toughest of them, or the Stealth Mugger, cos they creep up on the unsuspecting yahoos then batter them into submission.. :lipsrseal ;)

ReggieK
29-09-2004, 02:08 PM
Good luck Jim,

I miss it already. Felt gutted all weekend. Couldn't even get up the interest to start looking for a replacement.

It was a great car when I bought it and I hope it stays that way now you have it.

PS. if you want the other halves of the cut and shut I'm sure we could come to some arrangement. :-D

Enjoy.

NevGroom
29-09-2004, 03:11 PM
Reggie! And just when I was thinking everyone in Bracknell had a VR4 !!

richibass
29-09-2004, 06:31 PM
At last, someone from London!!

Welcome to the club, where in London are you?

JimDiGritz
29-09-2004, 07:09 PM
Am in Feltham Nr Twickenham.