PDA

View Full Version : Main Mitsubishi dealer - Leic

Physician
29-09-2004, 08:21 AM
Hi, can you plug your MUTT-II into my VR4 as I'm having a few issues and want to know what the ECU data says.

"No mate, our MUTT's won't communicate with grey imports."

So, how do you service and repair these then?

"Best guess mate."

Oh? Well how do you service and repair cars that don't have ECU's?

"Best guess mate."

Umm! Do you think I could have a chat with the Service Manager please.

"I am the Service Manager."

Well, that sounds ridiculous to me. I'll have a chat with Mitsubishi HQ and see if they have a solution.

"I think I can download the software so that it will communicate but it's in Japanese. And I don't read Japanese. Sorry."

OK, any idea what a flashing TCL light and a handbrake warning light may mean?

"No idea."

What's your best guess?

"Haven't the faintest idea."

I was going to book it in to have the gearbox, diff and transfer box oils replaced but if you only guess at these things I think I'll go elsewhere.

"Oh I know how to do that."

Pffffffffffftt !! Not on my car you won't. :sad3: :sad3:

GAWD .......... don't these jokers make you laugh! If they charged £2 per hour I might understand ...........

Anyway, I had a chat with AP Motors near Pete's and the guy there went out of his way to dig out any info on his computer and got back to me with some suggestions. Top guy ...... think I'll send him a present.

Polabear
29-09-2004, 10:16 AM
Glad they could help you Richard, if it was Andy himself it doesn't surprise me, he is such a helpful person, I know I have had an issue in the past with AP, but that was resolved , and to my satisfaction I might add, and I can assure anybody thinking of having work done there that it IS worth the drive down and Pete and Myself are usually around (usually me round at Pete's.....gettin fed again.. :lipsrseal :rolleyes5 ) seriously tho they are nice people down there, plus we have a VR4 owner in house now... :-b

wirdy
29-09-2004, 12:55 PM
Has anyoen tried the "[------------Members Only!---------------]" trick?
And what information (according to your dealer) exactly would be in Japanese???? I thought that the ECU decoding part of the MUTT was just a posh pulse count reader and writer that had the corresponding fault decoding charts pre-loaded. These charts are available on the net (in english!!).
I know it also talks to the other ECU's (AYC, TCL, Airbag, etc) but just the fault code reading shouldn't pose a prob for a main dealer? Perhaps they should talk to coordsport for some much needed tech info?

nick-f1
29-09-2004, 06:19 PM
Has anyoen tried the "short pin 1 to earth & count the times the ECU light flashes" trick?

Hi wirdy yes i have, the results i posted in answer to Zentacs original post in the members section. It does work but slightly different to the Fto, have a look.

Nick.

Ps: I have a rather large package( :$ ooheerr Mrs!) ready for delivery at the ,pod.

Nick Mann
29-09-2004, 07:11 PM
Has anyoen tried the "-------------[Members Only!]---------" trick?

Is this too much info for outside the members area? Or will we get away with it as it is not absolutely specific?

Anyway, Rich, the language barrier is obvious, isn't it? Microchips talk in binary, and everyone knows Japanese binary isn't compatible with English! :rolleyes5

Kieran
29-09-2004, 08:11 PM
Is this too much info for outside the members area? Or will we get away with it as it is not absolutely specific?

I think it is. I've taken the liberty of pruning the juicy bits!

(Sorry Nige! :$)

HJM
29-09-2004, 08:21 PM
I think it is. I've taken the liberty of pruning the juicy bits!

(Sorry Nige! :$)

:lolz: Need to take the same juicy bits out of Nick's response :laugh:

Jimbo
29-09-2004, 09:31 PM
I'm guessing that was Chris Variava's? I went there a few months ago when I was passing through (it used to be my local Mitsi when I lived in Leicester with the V6-24) to ask if they had a touch-up kit for Galaxy White.......they said that colour wasn't on the "database", so it obviously wasn't a Mitsubishi colour.

My local Stoke dealer isn't much better either. Really is very concerning.