PDA

View Full Version : Australian Floods

foxdie
12-01-2011, 11:16 AM
Hi all,

As most of us now know, Australia is having quite a s*** time at the moment, with the floods wiping out Queensland and now moving to Brisbane, this is really starting to turn into a significant natural disaster.

I just wanted to extend sympathies to those who have had their property damaged, lost their homes or even lost family or friends in this difficult time.

Hopefully this'll all be over soon and you can start rebuilding, until then, keep your chin up guys!*

* Holy crap I didn't realise what I'd said until afterwards, sorry, no pun intended ;)

lathiat
12-01-2011, 04:55 PM
Check youtube the situation is honestly, totally crazy. I'm on the other side of .AU but the guys in QLD are gonna be having a real rough time ATM.

Spirit
12-01-2011, 06:10 PM
Yeah some of the footage I have seen on the news is shocking. Highest river level to hit Brisbane in next 24hrs and they reckon 9000 homes could be flooded at least. Seems so surreal when you see the sun shinning away too.

Good luck to everyone involved, be safe.

adamvortex
13-01-2011, 07:42 PM
very very sad to see all the destruction and for the people who have lost there lives, my thoughts go to all involved!
i have friends that have been affected,lost there home & belongings but they are alive and well

The Vee
14-01-2011, 12:08 AM
All been said above, but can't believe some of the pics I have seen on the news. Hope you get some relief from it all soon.

SGHOM
14-01-2011, 12:33 AM
Maybe I shouldn't have posted that.... Sorry

can a mod delete :-(

elnevio
14-01-2011, 12:37 AM
Already moved it.

martin_y
20-01-2011, 02:01 PM
What I dont get is, - we've seen Brisbane this, Brisbane that, and yet 50 people have just died in floods in South Africa, and Ive not seen that on the news?