PDA

View Full Version : Another Aftermarket 6A13 TwinTurbo Manifolds Thread

blodeaxe
20-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Hey guys its possible for me to get aftermarket twin turbo manifolds mass produced for the 6A13TT. But I need to know which is the best turbo flange i should have the supplier weld on.

For me TD04s from EVOs and STIs are plenty an cheap. But you guys need to have a say as well.

Subaru TD04
EVO TD04
T-????
?????
Same type as Rob's (GT2854) on OZVR4???

final production will be ready in 5-6 months
Manifold style is not yet decided as well but due to space constraints fancy extractor types are out, should be simple for now.

Once finished shipping will be from the States.

lancerevo3
20-01-2011, 05:46 PM
For me TD04s from EVOs and STIs are plenty an cheap. But you guys need to have a say as well.
that will do for me also

mark

Louis
20-01-2011, 06:37 PM
Personally, I would say Subaru Td04 flange, I am sure others will post their preferences. GOWF, had manifolds made up for Mitsubishi GTO Td04's, but I remember some potential problems with heat, I am sure he will be along soon with input. (the subaru TD04's are slightly more powerful than the mitsy TD04's)
Well done to you for trying to sort this out, any ideas on cost per pair?. Will they be made of tube steel, or will they be cast?.

Louis
20-01-2011, 09:44 PM
It's got to be worth a bump :) Just to keep it visible.
There is usually a lot of chat about what kind of turbos would be best suited, "If only there were manifolds available", So?, any thoughts from anyone?

swinks
20-01-2011, 11:08 PM
IMO, TD04L from Scubi all the way. Stock manifolds can be used as sort of measurement, just flange has to be done in a bit different angle and turbos will fit without any clearance issue. Pipework (water and oil lines almost without major mods). Just check out Kochajj thread, he milled a bit stock manifold flanges and that's it.
Also I'd love to have manufactured those pipes going off turbo to downpipes.
Really, if it can be done then... hurray!

taupodrifta
21-01-2011, 02:21 AM
subi TD04Ls would be what I would want and agree with the down pipes to

lateshow
21-01-2011, 02:27 PM
I just boughts miself two td04-13g:s from a 3000GT, how pricy would those manifolds be?

Louis
21-01-2011, 02:35 PM
Gowf has a set for sale at the mo! (3000GTO Td04 MAnifolds and set up for VR4)

lateshow
21-01-2011, 02:49 PM
Gowf has a set for sale at the mo! (3000GTO Td04 MAnifolds and set up for VR4)

Saw that, but got the turbos already. Just need manifolds :)

Louis
21-01-2011, 03:02 PM
You might be able to get a photo of them from him?? and make your own?

Gowf
25-01-2011, 12:37 PM
I just boughts miself two td04-13g:s from a 3000GT, how pricy would those manifolds be?

well, put it this way. I struggled to find anyone in the uk who would take the job on... But in all honesty, your looking at the best part of £2000 for manifolds alone.

Mr.Salas
27-01-2011, 05:26 AM
if the price is right I'm in!!!!!

Suby of evo's turbos are cheap to find!

Gowf
27-01-2011, 06:40 PM
Personally, I would say Subaru Td04 flange, I am sure others will post their preferences. GOWF, had manifolds made up for Mitsubishi GTO Td04's, but I remember some potential problems with heat, I am sure he will be along soon with input. (the subaru TD04's are slightly more powerful than the mitsy TD04's)
Well done to you for trying to sort this out, any ideas on cost per pair?. Will they be made of tube steel, or will they be cast?.

Forgot to mention... I originally had heat issues due to the person who had a go at them first making a complete **** up of it. So then it went to Hayward and Scott. Its a long tale of woe, but all in all it was a total nightmare to find someone to do them right in the time that i wanted them doing. In the end it was 12months in the making.

Now mine are up for sale, and tbh 2k isnt a lot of money for what you get. Once youve got these on, if its not powerful enough youve got the options that are available to the GTO's for upgrades... something that i was thinking about myself at one point. 1 point that i would like to make though, with the manifold set up and other bits and bobs, from the experience at Eurospec, there has not been a GTO that made that power on those turbos (they are the uk13g's not the JDM 9b's)