PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever installed one of these Parrot bluetooth hands free kits?

JTG
22-01-2011, 11:34 PM
Hi, wondering if anybody has installed a Parrot CK3100 or similar bluetooth handsfree kit in their Galant?

Just wondering how you installed it, where you put the speaker, mic and power boxy thing?

I'm sure there will be a guide for taking the interior to bits on here which I'm now going to look for but any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Erni902
23-01-2011, 12:14 AM
Mines a nokia CK5W or something like that. I plugged up the power to my stereo so there was no having to get thru to the egine bay. The bluetooth button and the mic are wired thru and stuck with double sided tape to the bottom of the centre console. And for the moment the speaker and unit is just sitting in the glove box but I shall pull the centre console apart and get some velcro strips...this will then be used to stick to the carpet underneath the trim. I had it fitted in such a fashion in my old Vectra.

If i get round to it soon I can take some pics for you to show where I end up putting it

Rikki

JTG
23-01-2011, 12:59 AM
Well I'll be giving this a go in the morning. What's the worst that can happen? ;)

My only question at this point though... Somebody gave me a second hand unit, I need to connect the 12v and continuous 12v which are obviously currently going to my cd player, so how do I connect these? Somebody suggested using snap connectors to bridge the live wires on the bluetooth kit to those going to the stereo, would this be ok?

Thanks

Turbo_Steve
23-01-2011, 01:19 AM
Yup. :)

Erni902
23-01-2011, 01:22 AM
Using snap connectors will be fine, I personally used a chocolate block but even stripping a small section (around 0.5cm) of insulation of the stereo power cables and twisting the handsfree cables around these will be fine so long as you use the correct insulation tape to ensure all bare wire is covered.

Mine also has two wires (1x yellow and 1x blue) which connect to the stereo to mute it when you receive a call. I was short on daylight so just binned these off so couldnt tell you where these connect to if you have these.

Depending where you install the main unit you could remote the microphone to sit on the roof lining by the rear view mirror. I had it there in my old Vectra and just tucked the cable behind the door pillar seals to hide it.

Any other questions jus give me a shout. Let me know how you get on mate

JTG
23-01-2011, 01:26 AM
Perfect. Thanks for the help gents.

JTG
23-01-2011, 02:11 PM
Snap connectors don't seem to have done the job for me. I snapped them down as hard as I possibly can but the unit still has no power. Have given up for now as I've got to get ready for work but will have to try an alternative way tomorrow.

JTG
24-01-2011, 01:32 AM
Used terminal blocks in the end. The snap connectors I bought were properly crap. Taped the power supply-y bit to the back of the glovebox, the loudspeaker behind the centre console.

Erni902
24-01-2011, 11:02 AM
Awesome sounds good, yeah I dont much like snap connectors to be honest. Have to find the time to tidy mine up and get it out of the glovebox lol

Kitten
30-01-2011, 09:49 PM
Apparently it's all in the manual :)