PDA

View Full Version : 9 days to japshow......... and...

SGHOM
01-10-2004, 11:56 PM
I need to get my exhaust sorted !! or should I say removed !! :rolleyes5 hopefully tomorrow.

I'm out of NOS, I need my 100 bhp jets, & my silver bottle [ as ordered ] by then.

I need my decals sorted.................. must try to get to Nottingham sometime this coming week !! :rolleyes5

I need to get my strobes fitted................ meeting www.ultrabright.co.uk monday, 9.00am ?? [ If they turn up ]

I've ordered a flamer kit !! :-b :-b no idea when thats going to turn up, promised for weds, but who knows !! :rolleyes:

And I'm working all this weekend, inc sunday. :( :(

apart from that.................... everything is sorted !! :$ :$

Spirit
02-10-2004, 07:27 AM
:lolz: You're going to be busy mate !

I have to:

1: Get my boost set up correctly
2: Get a new boost guage sorted
3: Get my Apexi RSM installed - if it arrives in time !
4: Get a few decals on
5: Load up 75L of Cool Blue to bring
6: Get SQV sorted and installed
7: Get wife to polish the car with new Meguiars Tech Wax

Kieran
02-10-2004, 10:45 AM
:rolleyes5 :sick: :stunned: :uhoh2: :wall: :stars:

I'm not gonna be ready at this rate!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! :Cry1:

I need to:

1. Wash Hordak
2. Clay Hordak
3. Polish Hordak
4. Wax Hordak
5. Detail Hordak
6. Hoover Hordak
7. Clean Hordak's engine bay
8. De-Pong Hordak's aircon
9. Sort out Hordak's interior
10. Fit the Vacuum Gauge and Volt Gauge I've got!
11. Polish my shiny new(ish) Fuj.....Fij...Fju......... :$ Big exhaust pipe!
12. Finish Painting my brake calipers and Underseal the nearside of the car!
13. Try and do something with my knackered Alloys!

What am I still doing posting about the amount of crap I've got to do?!?!!?!?

SGHOM
02-10-2004, 11:14 PM
my car is booked in at Ascar on tuesday. All I wanted was for the silencers to be removable, so that I can fit 5" hollow tube in their place !! :$ :$ [ how sad is that ?? ]
The upshot of it is............... I've struck a deal between Ascar, and ourselves.[ custom fx ]
nothing mega, but any exhausts we sell will be fitted at Ascar, & in return, any customer enquiries regarding products we sell, will be passed on to us & only us !! :-b
And as for my exhaust ??..................................

they are fitting me a new "removable" system from the cat back for £100 !! :-b :-b

wirdy
02-10-2004, 11:29 PM
my car is booked in at Ascar on tuesday. All I wanted was for the silencers to be removable, so that I can fit 5" hollow tube in their place !! :$ :$ [ how sad is that ?? ]
The upshot of it is............... I've struck a deal between Ascar, and ourselves.[ custom fx ]
nothing mega, but any exhausts we sell will be fitted at Ascar, & in return, any customer enquiries regarding products we sell, will be passed on to us & only us !! :-b
And as for my exhaust ??..................................

they are fitting me a new "removable" system from the cat back for £100 !! :-b :-b

I think we need to monitor Derek closely for patches of acne, the wearing of baseball caps back-to-front and the word 'bling' creeping into his conversations. :-D :-D

SGHOM
02-10-2004, 11:35 PM
I think we need to monitor Derek closely for patches of acne, the wearing of baseball caps back-to-front and the word 'bling' creeping into his conversations. :-D :-D
BOOM SHAKA !! :-b :-b
Is it 'cause I Is cool man ?? !!
. Taxi for Derek !! :$ :$ :$

HJM
02-10-2004, 11:39 PM
:lolz:

He's gonna be joining the Type-R Club before we know it :laugh:

Wodjno
02-10-2004, 11:47 PM
" Innit "

SGHOM
02-10-2004, 11:52 PM
I see in your signature Glen, you've got repainted VR4 badges ??? :-b

pity they dont light up !!

Like mine do !! :-b :-b

BLING !!

Wodjno
03-10-2004, 12:06 AM
I see in your signature Glen, you've got repainted VR4 badges ??? :-b

pity they dont light up !!

Like mine do !! :-b :-b

BLING !!

:rolleyes: OH ... DEAR ... !!! :D

Wodjno
03-10-2004, 12:09 AM
.... "" INNIT "" .. :wow:

SGHOM
03-10-2004, 12:18 AM
the' BLING ' bit, is purely for marketing/advertising purposes. :-b
the more "yoof's" we can attract to our stand, the more exposure we get, the more sales/orders we get !! simple business acumen !! :-b :-D :-D

Wodjno
03-10-2004, 12:26 AM
Aaaaaaaaye.. !! ReeeeeeeeeSpekt ! We is Where you are at !!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaye ! ;)

Bal
03-10-2004, 10:43 AM
*cough* *cough* i think i fall into this yoof category you speak of ... hmmm maybe time to ditch the rude boy talk and the baseball cap.

B

Big Ian
03-10-2004, 11:00 AM
the' BLING ' bit, is purely for marketing/advertising purposes. :-b
the more "yoof's" we can attract to our stand, the more exposure we get, the more sales/orders we get !! simple business acumen !! :-b :-D :-D

i can just see you Derek,with your Burberry cap :mad:
:yakyak:
"YOW! ma player's check out ma ride it's tight man,off the hook!",
" na thaz wot am tak'n about!!!!!.........BRO?"

(goto stop listnin to westwood on radio1) yeah...yeah!! for real,Da bomb :sad3:

Bal
04-10-2004, 12:21 PM
sso how are all the preparations going ??

this guy came to look at a room i have to rent and if i hear from him today that he's taking it then my car is going into the chop shop for the spoiler fit to hopefully get it on before sunday. also get my boot lid sorted cos i cant be bothered to wait nor go to brummie to get my man to sort it.

on sat i have to go through my sound system cos im getting power cuts on extreme bass tracks. need to get it sorted.

B

zedy1
04-10-2004, 11:15 PM
car may not be ready :( , do i get a place ob the stand if i turn up in a scooby? :$

Kieran
05-10-2004, 07:38 AM
do i get a place ob the stand if i turn up in a scooby? :$

Of course!! Having an inpromptu bonfire may draw a few more people to our stand, especially if it's a cold day! :laugh: ;)

enigma
06-10-2004, 07:36 AM
Well my preparations have been slightly hindered by working away for the last couple of days and too much playing with my new toy (vinyl cutter) so here is a list of still to do:

Pick up some more vinyl so I can finish stickering 4 cars and a Jeep!
Pick up and fit my bonnet
Cut and fit afforementioned graphics to mine and others cars
Fill Nitrous bottle
Fit nitrous kit
Fit 2nd air filter to the BDA Double Barrel Shotgun Intake
Fit Oil catch can
Replace inlet manifolf for one without the restrictive NOS nozzles
Change all 6 spark plugs for Denso Iridiums (was going to leave this but I got the fart of doom yesterday when chasing a 350Z at 140mph!)
Clean and polish car and stickers
Remove everything in the car apart from the seat (I am going fully stripped :lipsrseal)

Hmmmmmmm I am sure there is more, it doesn't look very hard on paper! :rolleyes5

enigma
06-10-2004, 10:51 AM
bump

pezza
06-10-2004, 11:09 AM
Hi Dave,

Busy busy ... only a few days left, reckon u will get it all done?

Hmm about this nitrous :-D ... Fitting second kit or replacing kit that you had originally? How long will that take to fit?

Cheers

PEzz

enigma
06-10-2004, 11:40 AM
I am refitting the kit I used last time.......should only take an hour at the most and that is only cos I want the bottle to be bolted to the passenger seat mounts rather than in the boot........thats because there will be nothing to mount it to in the boot!

I will definately get it all done, I just may need some sleep on Sunday!!

At the moment I am burning the candle at both ends and I have just lit the middle as well! :rolleyes5

Spirit
07-10-2004, 12:13 AM
Just done some of my list.

Just driven back from Milton Keynes, 4 1/2 hrs......bloody traffic jams!

Anyhow, rang AP and asked if I could use there facilities....i.e. a warm garage and some lighting :laugh:

Got down there at around 9pm, have stripped out the old boost gauge and wiring and fitted a nice new HKS DL gauge ;) .

The started on the Apexi RSM.....had a ba**ard of a job getting the ECU plugs off but much cursing cured that.....got the wiring all done, plugged it in to check it's all working.....yep, cool. Then realised I forgot the G sensor, so that job is half done and will have to wait until Friday night now !

Oh....and I have 75L of Cool Blue in the boot :-b

enigma
08-10-2004, 07:16 AM
OK, when I leave work today (at 12!) I will have just over 24 hours to sort my car out for Sunday. We leave at about 3pm tomorrow :rolleyes5

So the plan is..................

Leave work and drive to Chesterfield to get my Nitrous bottle filled :-b
Go home and start stripping the interior while the engine cools down
Cut a few more stickers (my car is about done :D) for Kieran, Derek and Helen :lipsrseal
When the engine is cool whip off the inlet manifold and change all the plugs
Replace the inlet manifold with a different one
Replace the inlet pipe with the nitrous enabled pipe
Connect the fuel system to the nitrous box
Make sure everything that I am going to do to the engine is done so I dont have to get dirty again!
Shower
Go coach my swimmers for 2 hours (an hour of coaching and an hour of driving/waiting)
Home to cut and finish some more bloody stickers :dozey:
Bed

Saturday
Finish stickering and stripping my car of all excess weight
Plaster Stickers all over Kierans car
Pack
Wash my car and the VR-Punto

Wow it all sounds so easy! :laugh:

Spirit
08-10-2004, 07:52 AM
Had fun last night................not !

Well, got the Apexi RSM G sensor fitted and all plugged in, all nicely set up and fired it up. All worked fine except the power readings are well out. Oh well, have to have a play with that me thinks.

Anyhow, I had a grinding noise from the o/s wheel when on full lock, so I had ordered some new shims from Kad (thought to be the culprit) and they had arrived. Thought I might as well pop down to AP to get them to fit them - bearing in mind it's nearly 10pm by now ! I wasn't booked into AP so on arrival I realised I had a bit of a wait and an hour or so soon passed. Turned out that the noise was the inner edge of the alloy rubbing on the braided brake house....amazing how much noise it caused ! So put new shims in anyway and all sorted - noise gone :-b

Mentioned about the Apexi readings and got Kevin to open my old car to check all my settings were correct - yep all fine :sad3: Take the car for a spin and he notices the speed reading on the Apexi are wrong......it's reading MPH not KPH........d'oh ! Forgot about that.....so on investigation we find the Ralliart fitted converter is the cheapest, tackiest one available, and AP were even pretty sure the car was still limited......not been past 110 yet so I was not sure. So out comes the dash and in goes a new chip that delimits the car, speed signal wire tapped into ECU and Apexi re-routed and now it shows the correct speed in MPH on the dash and KMH on the Apexi :-D

Get in car......and drive home.........now 2.30AM :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Just love those guys for what they do to help me out...... :-b

enigma
08-10-2004, 07:03 PM
OK, when I leave work today (at 12!) I will have just over 24 hours to sort my car out for Sunday. We leave at about 3pm tomorrow :rolleyes5

So the plan is..................

Leave work and drive to Chesterfield to get my Nitrous bottle filled :-b
CHECK

Go home and start stripping the interior while the engine cools down
CHECK

Cut a few more stickers (my car is about done :D) for Kieran, Derek and Helen :lipsrseal
CHECK

When the engine is cool whip off the inlet manifold and change all the plugs
CHECK

Replace the inlet manifold with a different one
CHECK

Replace the inlet pipe with the nitrous enabled pipe
CHECK

Connect the fuel system to the nitrous box
CHECK

Make sure everything that I am going to do to the engine is done so I dont have to get dirty again!
CHECK

Shower
CHECK

A productive afternoon!!! ;)