PDA

View Full Version : Members bar BETA V1

BraindG
01-02-2011, 04:01 PM
Hi guys,

I had to partially go live with the Basic members bar this afternoon, I found an issue with IE9 which could only be resolved by removing some code from the header area, unfortunately, by removing this code a secondary issue reared it head in the form of the profile bit disappears when the banner is active, only IE appears to suffer from this, all the other main browsers work just fine.. /sigh

Further info: I found some code which caused a conflict when using IE9 (Beta), this causes not only the profile bit to disappear on each thread but the original login box/profile area to become disjointed and spread itself all over the banner area. :undecided - There still seems to be an issue with IE and the profile bit, (where you avatar and details are on the left of each thread) it conflicts with code used by the advertisement banner :( - so i need to upgrade the banner software/code before this is resolved, I am working on this now and expect this to be resolved this evening.

For further info on the differences between Registered users, Basic and Full Bars please see the following thread.

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?55091-HOW-TO-Members-Bar-BETA-%28Members-only%29

Keeps me busy, I suppose.

BraindG
01-02-2011, 04:51 PM
Ive made a couple alterations, if you run IE6,7 or 8 you still use the old profile bar right at the top, all the latest browsers including IE9 now make use of the newer Members bar.

CARMEL120
01-02-2011, 07:24 PM
hi ive lost my user name and pms and the settings how do i get them back sorry i use ie8
cheers trev