PDA

View Full Version : Urgent assistance required

rikward
02-10-2004, 09:58 PM
I was due to pick up a Legnum today (Saturday), but have not.

Why? The under tray at the front of the vehicle is missing and I want this to be replaced. Let me explain:

On the drivers side of the wheel arch the plastic guard between the engine and the wheel arch, and the front of the nose and the wheel is present.

On the off-side, the plastic guard between the engine is missing and subsequently, the plastic guard between the nose and the wheel arch hits the wheel at speed (causing abbrasion and a terrible noise).

The under tray of the front nose is missing too.

Do you know what I am describing? Can any one help me? I need someone to give me one, sell me one, or tell me where to get a replacement (and price of course)?

HELP........

Thank you

SGHOM
02-10-2004, 10:19 PM
do you mean missing like this ?? or missing completely ??
for some as yet unknown reason, the nearside wheelarch has a hole in it ?? but not the offside ?? this is the case on all VR4's I've seen so far !! weird ?? :rolleyes5

Spirit
02-10-2004, 10:21 PM
Well, my current VR4 and my previous VR4 both have bits of the undertray missing.

The old one was just due to splitting and me hacksawing it off at Silverstone as it was dragging on the ground. The bit missing on the current one was from a spin Simon had in front of me at Coombe.

The tray is mainly there as protection to the components above, and I did look into the cost of a new tray. It was something like £110 + vat and has to come from Japan...there are none in the UK or Europe. So far, I have not bothered.

Below is a pic of the spin.....to the left of the pic you can just make out a piece of the undertray on the track :sad3:

Physician
02-10-2004, 11:24 PM
Rickward said:

I need someone to give me one, sell me one, or tell me where to get a replacement (and price of course)?

Spirit said:

.....to the left of the pic you can just make out a piece of the undertray on the track.

It would be helpful if you gave Rickward directions to Coombe Pete! :-D

rikward
03-10-2004, 09:12 AM
I appreciate this assistance and advice. The off-side does have a cut away in it as pictured above, yet the guard missing behind the wheel (between the wheel and engine) causes the one (as pictured by Interlec) to flap. I could just tie it back for the time being and source out a replacement.

Thanks all.

Directions for Coombe would be great. If I go round the track a few times I may be able to peice together a whole car. :laugh: