PDA

View Full Version : What model is my Legnum?

LOMY
28-06-2003, 08:58 AM
Hi,

I've just been looking at pictures of Haydars car INSERT INTO post VALUES (which by the way Haydar looks the bee's knees) and it made me wonder. Mine is a late 98 INSERT INTO post VALUES (S reg) type-S import Legnum. However, apart from the rear aerofoil which i know to be different between types V and S, the tailgate on my car looks different in general to Haydars with a continuos strip of red reflector across the back with the Legnum logo across it and a more steeply angled rear window. Also, the side light on the front spoiler are different, i have two lights in each with a perspex screen over them INSERT INTO post VALUES (the left one is permanently steamed up, which is a pain as my dealer says he dosnt know how to get rid of it). Also i'm not sure if mine is a 260 or a 280? Can anyone tell me exactly what model etc my Trigger Mauve estate actually is? All my car manuals are in Japanese so no joy there !

Haydar, what are those wheels and tyres etc?

Cheers,

Lomy

haydar
28-06-2003, 11:11 AM
Hi Lomy

Thanks for the compliment :)

The wheels are 18" Avalini Scorze and the tyres are Yokohama 225/40ZR18s.

These wheels and tyres really transform the VR4 with much much sharper handling. Since in standard form the VR4s steering is a bit vague, this really helps. They do produce a little more tyre noise on motorways are the car does bounce a little harder in town, but is was never very quiet on the motorway, nor was it a magic carpet in town anyway :D :D .

Having the car lowered soon courtesy of Peter who is giving me is old HKS springs.

Your VR4 sounds like it is the face-lift model and so you are likely to have 280ps INSERT INTO post VALUES (276bhp).

Want to swap ECU??? :D :D :D :D :D

An excellent modifications on the VR4 is swapping the action of the Triptronic lever so it becomes push forward to CHANGE DOWN and push back to CHANGE UP. I'm also working on a prototype paddles shift system INSERT INTO post VALUES (F1 style). You can find out more about these topics on the 'Customise you VR4 Forum".

LOMY
28-06-2003, 01:36 PM
Thanks Haydar,

280 ps Pheww.... thats a relief. I was beginning to think i had missed the boat and got the earlier model INSERT INTO post VALUES (thats not to say 260 is bad of course, just less good ??). So are all the other bodywork differences down to the 'facelift' then ?

Thanks for the info on reversing the shift action. Thats a really good idea. Much more intuitive than it is now. I will follow the links you suggested. I like the idea of paddle shift too but i want to get lots of other mods sorted too in the not too distant... I think i will wait until one of us has got the setup and paddles etc fully sorted before going for that transformation.

By the way, when you fitted your induction/exhaust kit was the difference phenomenal or just noticable.

Lomy.

haydar
28-06-2003, 03:44 PM
It is debateable if the differences with the induction kit and exhaust are really noticeable. The reason I did them was because they are supposed to help more once one starts to do boost upgrades, which is the next thing I'll be doing.

However the exhaust makes a fantastic sound. It is reasonably quiet at low revs, so shouldn't attact too much attention from the Police and won't upset your neighbours, but once the revs start to rise it starts to make you feel you are driving something special. This above all else makes it worth every penny.