PDA

View Full Version : Fake Gatso's

Spirit
03-10-2004, 09:25 AM
....some people need to get a life !

http://www.speedcam.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/gatso4.htm

Big Ian
03-10-2004, 10:45 AM
i bet the folk that made them say's"yeah no one will ever know the difference" :rolleyes5 .....
:laugh: :rolleyes: :laugh:

colVR4
03-10-2004, 12:53 PM
If the law enforce bothered to put the Gatso's in places where they could do some use instead of picking spots for maximum revenue people would not have to make their own...its not like they haven't already got enough money out of picking on motorists.

I have seen a number of boy racer nutters driving at stupid speeds through villages where kids are around and playing where there is nothing to slow them down whereas 2 mins down the road on a clear stretch of A-road there are about 4 Gatsos (A6 South of Bedford). I live in a town where idiots in the Imprezzaz and Bling-ed up GTi's roar through at speeds over 60 mph...in a 30 mph zone. Not only is it dangerous but its bloody noisy as well. Yet there are no cameras, no speed humps (although I hate these completely) and no police presence...ever!!

I like to drive fast but I also respect the speed limits through built up areas. The extra 10 or 20 mph over the speed limit isn't worth some kids life.

nick-f1
03-10-2004, 03:52 PM
If the law enforce bothered to put the Gatso's in places where they could do some use instead of picking spots for maximum revenue people would not have to make their own...its not like they haven't already got enough money out of picking on motorists.

I have seen a number of boy racer nutters driving at stupid speeds through villages where kids are around and playing where there is nothing to slow them down whereas 2 mins down the road on a clear stretch of A-road there are about 4 Gatsos (A6 South of Bedford). I live in a town where idiots in the Imprezzaz and Bling-ed up GTi's roar through at speeds over 60 mph...in a 30 mph zone. Not only is it dangerous but its bloody noisy as well. Yet there are no cameras, no speed humps (although I hate these completely) and no police presence...ever!!

I like to drive fast but I also respect the speed limits through built up areas. The extra 10 or 20 mph over the speed limit isn't worth some kids life.

Yes Col, I echo these sentiments entirely, putting them near schools and other danger spots makes sense and if people get caught in these they deserve it in my book. I love to speed myself but not in thru villages etc, we live in a small country village and some ba***rd knocked my 12 yo daughter off her bike this morning and didn't even stop! Luckily she wasn't hurt but she's badly shaken up.