PDA

View Full Version : Respray?

nothingelsematters
09-02-2011, 11:58 AM
Was just wondering what sort of costs I would be likely to run into if I resprayed my car?
Kinda keen on the idea as my car is now about 4 different shades of white :shout:
partly my fault for wrecking the back of it against my brothers towbar.....
Would it be more economical to keep it white if I do respray (in other words if I can save up enough $$$$) or to change the colour? as I hear pearl white is a difficult colour.
Kinda pipe dreaming a tad at the moment really but would definitely be keen to tidy the paint up at some stage.
Both bumpers have yellowed and have cracked paint and the bootlid looks a tad too white and the bonnet is just a disgrace yellowed with stone chips which seem to have been touched up with a non matching white the actual doors roof etc isnt in bad shape really however. Anyone got any advice?

foxdie
09-02-2011, 12:03 PM
Shame you're not in the UK, one of our members, hardarse, is offering half price resprays (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?53624-spray-paint-shop) to members.

Good luck regardless :)

nothingelsematters
09-02-2011, 12:08 PM
Yeah thats a bit of a shame indeed haha just my luck a good deal on offer and I happen to be on the wrong side of the planet ahhh well hopefully I have
some luck, maybe I'll go buy a lotto ticket just incase haha :laugh: Cheers!

Pugme
09-02-2011, 02:04 PM
i too have a pearl white, it is an expensive colour as its a 4 stage pearl. and as uv found out from the sound of it, its also a hard colour to match.

i dont know how it is over there bit over here a colour change would still be more expensive than a blowover as all the shuts and engine bay wud need doing.

for a full respray i wudnt pay less than 3 grand UK pound

Gly
09-02-2011, 07:28 PM
well the misses loves her little toyota so much, that after and accident, that she wanted the whole car resprayed,

in a newer factory colour, about $3800, metallic gunmetal, with what looks like it has a bit of pearl in it,

when it comes to paint jobs, you get what you pay for
this was stripping of flacking paint (it was real bad condition) and a few dints, closed door job (colour was similar to the original)

when it comes to paint jobs, you get what you pay for.

karlous54
10-02-2011, 01:58 AM
well the misses loves her little toyota so much, that after and accident, that she wanted the whole car resprayed,

in a newer factory colour, about $3800, metallic gunmetal, with what looks like it has a bit of pearl in it,

when it comes to paint jobs, you get what you pay for
this was stripping of flacking paint (it was real bad condition) and a few dints, closed door job (colour was similar to the original)

when it comes to paint jobs, you get what you pay for.

Couldnt't agree more, Cheap is NOT always the best.

Fully
10-02-2011, 09:16 AM
Learn to do it yourself, set up about 1k.
Paint 1-2k depending on what you get.
Labour is cheap if you do it yourself. Painting is the easy part, 95% is in the prep.

Heaps of vids on youtube.