PDA

View Full Version : Media Library and Copyright

Spirit
09-02-2011, 02:21 PM
Barry

I have a couple of videos which have music as the background, and noticed You Tube can now spot this. Of the two I have tried one plays the video but is muted, and one plays the music and video - neither worked when I tried to paste the URL into the media library here. I got one to work (the rude members one) by doing an "audioswap" in You Tube to one of their "uncopyrighted" pieces of music.

However, I notice you have managed to get the video of Andy and I at RT3 working - the one with Bat Out Of Hell as the background.

How did you manage that ?

BraindG
09-02-2011, 02:26 PM
i posted them up as unlisted, so they are only viewable via CVR4. Give this a go.

Spirit
09-02-2011, 02:27 PM
i posted them up as unlisted, so they are only viewable via CVR4. Give this a go.

Ahhhh.....off to try that now !

BraindG
09-02-2011, 02:29 PM
oh, and make sure you select "yes" for syndication, which is at the very bottom left when you edit a video.

Once we have ironed these things out ill add to the HOW TO guide.

Spirit
09-02-2011, 02:38 PM
Yeah had to do that to get the "rude" one to work.

Just re-uploading one now that was muted as still would not work on my account. If it does then will re-upload the "rude" one again with the original soundtrack

Spirit
09-02-2011, 02:47 PM
Bugger - still didn't work ! Still says copyrighted and mutes it

Edit: Ok weird, muted in my YT account but seems to work on here !

Turbo_Steve
09-02-2011, 03:03 PM
Depends on who is "eligable" to pay the copyright, I believe.
Also bear in mind that specific artists / studios / labels have to make an explicit request for their work to be blocked - the onus is on them to request control - so if they haven't asked, it doesn't get blocked.

One of the easiest ways can be to go via an overseas proxy - if a UK Artist and YouTube UK have an explicit agreement, then it won't work from Germany (for example).
Seems stupid to me - if people are looking up your music in Europe, sounds like it needs to have a hot link to buy it, not a message blocking it.