PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to get slated for this, I know !!

SGHOM
04-10-2004, 09:19 PM
tomorrow, www.ultrabright.co.uk are fitting full size neons [ white ] to the underside of my car !!
the wheel arches are getting blue strobe lights, the front grill will be illuminated, the headlights will be alternating blue strobes !!
The inside of the car is getting footwell lighting also, and the interior airvents will also be backlit !! & the whole lot will be remote controlled ! :-b

I know what you're probably thinking, but I dont mind !! :lipsrseal :$ :$ my car is purely an advert for CUSTOM FX DIRECT !! [ and club VR4, and sheffcruise etc...etc......

And I'm NOT getting my coat this time !! so there !! :p :p

nick-f1
04-10-2004, 09:29 PM
All that stuff will cost you half a second at the 'Pod I reckon :laugh: :lipsrseal

SGHOM
04-10-2004, 09:32 PM
Nah !! the kit weighs zilch. no more than 10 lbs I reckon. wont make any difference to my times............... I hope !! :rolleyes5

anyone want to guess at the cost of it all, including installation ?? :$ :$

Nick Mann
04-10-2004, 09:32 PM
And what is Mrs (I hate your car) Interlec saying about all this? :dozey: :lipsrseal

Spirit
04-10-2004, 09:36 PM
Nah !! the kit weighs zilch. no more than 10 lbs I reckon. wont make any difference to my times............... I hope !! :rolleyes5

I'm guessing nowt as you have promised to stock their goods ?

SGHOM
04-10-2004, 09:38 PM
And what is Mrs (I hate your car) Interlec saying about all this? :dozey: :lipsrseal
Have you spilled the beans Nick ?? :wtf:

nick-f1
04-10-2004, 09:41 PM
Wont she get suspicious when you arrive home lit up like a no57 bus Derek?

SGHOM
04-10-2004, 09:44 PM
Wont she get suspicious when you arrive home lit up like a no57 bus Derek?
Ask me If I'm bothered !! :argue: :nokiss: :$ :$

OH !! & I forgot to mention............... my flamer kit should have arrived today, but didn't ! :sad3: It's promised for either tomorrow or weds ?? :rolleyes5
whatever.............. It will be fitted in time for the pod, whether it works is a different matter !! :laugh: :laugh:

Big Ian
05-10-2004, 11:13 AM
sound's like you'll have the quickest christmas tree at the pod Derek..... :p
as for the flashing strobes,they are great fun on a dark night when you want to get home in a hurry :laugh:

SGHOM
05-10-2004, 07:47 PM
Ever tried to take a photo of strobe lights ?? :rolleyes5 :$ :$

I give up !! :lipsrseal

Brind
05-10-2004, 08:06 PM

Don't know, but they'd have to pay ME to put that sh!te on my car! :laugh: :laugh: :lipsrseal

You could park your car in the living room at Christmas to save putting up a tree.

SGHOM
05-10-2004, 08:25 PM
Don't know, but they'd have to pay ME to put that sh!te on my car! :laugh: :laugh: :lipsrseal

Let me explain once more !! :

My car, [ and Daves car ] will be "objects of fascination" to people with money to spend on all thing BLING !! yes........... It will be lit up like a christmas tree........... yes It will be covered in promotional stickers........... yes It will stand out from the crowd, & that Is the intention !! :-b
We are promoting CUSTOM FX DIRECT, & to that end, I dont care how many blingy things It got on it as long as it attracts custom.

Pete was spot on with the cost................. NOWT !! :-b a favour for a favour. Ryan at www.ultrabright.co.uk is donating his time & skills to BLING my car, & Terrys jeep, in return for a few stock items from the shop, & a trip with us to the pod to promote his wares.

And just to add to the "potential customer base "............... my car WILL be the fastest VR4 at the pod !! with over 100 bhp of nitrous [ only tested up to 75 at the mo !! :$ :$ ] I cant see anyone beating it !!
/ runs for cover !! ;)

Brind
05-10-2004, 08:50 PM
Let me explain once more !! :

My car, [ and Daves car ] will be "objects of fascination" to people with money to spend on all thing BLING !! yes........... It will be lit up like a christmas tree........... yes It will be covered in promotional stickers........... yes It will stand out from the crowd, & that Is the intention !! :-b
We are promoting CUSTOM FX DIRECT, & to that end, I dont care how many blingy things It got on it as long as it attracts custom.

Pete was spot on with the cost................. NOWT !! :-b a favour for a favour. Ryan at www.ultrabright.co.uk is donating his time & skills to BLING my car, & Terrys jeep, in return for a few stock items from the shop, & a trip with us to the pod to promote his wares.

And just to add to the "potential customer base "............... my car WILL be the fastest VR4 at the pod !! with over 100 bhp of nitrous [ only tested up to 75 at the mo !! :$ :$ ] I cant see anyone beating it !!
/ runs for cover !! ;)

So why get out of your pram. :laugh:

I know what you're probably thinking, but I dont mind !! :lipsrseal :$ :$

nick-f1
05-10-2004, 09:09 PM
So why get out of your pram. :laugh:

Nah he s not Brind........ its only his toys he s thrown out! :laugh: :laugh: :lipsrseal :$

Big Ian
05-10-2004, 11:01 PM
Ever tried to take a photo of strobe lights ?? :rolleyes5 :$ :$

I give up !! :lipsrseal

you need really really fast shutter speed,i had them in the front indicators of my cavy and in next to the reverse bulb's,as it was a white car i use to put the sh!t'z up my mate's :laugh: :laugh: Mmmmmm!!! i sure ive still got 1 off the set's in my shed?

SGHOM
06-10-2004, 09:01 PM
My flamers did arrive today !! :$ : took one look at the kit, & the non existent instructions, & thought ?? help !! :rolleyes5 :rolleyes5
So I phoned a recommended installer and got a quote of............. " It'll take all day mate, that'll be £280" WTF !! :laugh:
out comes the tools & drill, & I set about it myself. [ I really should be at work !! ] piece of cake !! both coils fitted, wired, switched & sparking in a couple of hours !!
My 2 HT leads are now hanging under the car, just above each exhaust, waiting for the plugs to be welded into the tail pipe. Ascar are doing this bit as I have no facilities for drilling & welding stainless.

Roll on tomorrow !! :flamer1: :flamer1: :flamer1:

pezza
06-10-2004, 09:51 PM
My flamers did arrive today !! :$ : took one look at the kit, & the non existent instructions, & thought ?? help !! :rolleyes5 :rolleyes5
So I phoned a recommended installer and got a quote of............. " It'll take all day mate, that'll be £280" WTF !! :laugh:
out comes the tools & drill, & I set about it myself. [ I really should be at work !! ] piece of cake !! both coils fitted, wired, switched & sparking in a couple of hours !!
My 2 HT leads are now hanging under the car, just above each exhaust, waiting for the plugs to be welded into the tail pipe. Ascar are doing this bit as I have no facilities for drilling & welding stainless.

Roll on tomorrow !! :gun2: :gun2: :gun2:

NUTTER!!!!!! :flamer1:

SGHOM
06-10-2004, 10:02 PM
NUTTER!!!!!! :flamer1:
Cant disagree with you there Del !! :$
I just hope they work as well as I'm expecting !!

I also think Wirdy has been a bit quiet recently ?? I wonder If his flamers are sorted ?? :D :D

pezza
06-10-2004, 10:21 PM
Cant disagree with you there Del !! :$
I just hope they work as well as I'm expecting !!

I also think Wirdy has been a bit quiet recently ?? I wonder If his flamers are sorted ?? :D :D

Another VR4 flamer with crispy King Fries? :laugh:

Make sure you dont rev too much whilst any officials at Santa Pod standing behind ya! :D

Big Ian
07-10-2004, 12:03 AM
any idea of how far it'll throw out a flame?