PDA

View Full Version : Dastek Unichip - Help Please.

Kryton
11-02-2011, 08:01 PM
Hi Everyone,
I have just bought a unichip off Nick & just wondered if anyone else on here has one fitted? I have been trying to track down wiring diagram / fitting instructions to no avail. My local Dastek dealer has finally agreed to re-mapping my car once on but I need to get it fitted first. Can anyone point me in the right direction or send a picture of theirs (if fitted).

Thanks peeps

Chris

apeman69
11-02-2011, 11:53 PM
Errr.... can't the (seemingly most helpful) Dastek dealer point you to anywhere useful? Seems a strange situation if he just can't be bothered and you're not going to bung him a wad of cash to map it if it hasn't been fitted.
Is Nick any help on this? I know he's getting on a bit now so he's probably forgotten a few things :)

Nutter_John
12-02-2011, 12:03 AM
Must admint that Alan is quite right the dealer should be able to give you the correct wiring info as it will be in his book

from what i recall you will need to wiring into the ignitors and the maf line

Kryton
12-02-2011, 12:04 AM
Turns out my local dealer is a pleb & not overly keep on touching it as its auto. I know he doesn't like working on non scoobies & has a great reputation for scoobs only & not much else. Weird as one of the staff has a legnum. I might get another dastek dealer to sort it & combine it with a night out somewhere after the lack of interest for my local to do it.

Nick Mann
12-02-2011, 09:44 AM
I did have a pencilled wiring diagram about five years ago, that I made whilst sitting in SGHOM's footwell in the Abbey carpark. But I can't find it.

Nobles Motorsport in Chesterfield mapped mine and Dereks which were both autos at the time, so they should be capable of fitting and tuning. I haven't given up on finding the diagram yet, but there aren't many more places to look....

Kryton
12-02-2011, 01:36 PM
Cheers Nick, if you do find it would be great but if not, not to worry. I really am thinking I would rather do a 380 mile round trip & use Nobles that know what they are doing than deal with the clowns near me. Not going to fit this til i've had my down pipes made though as that will then be everything I want done to gain power so at least I wont have to touch it again after that.

Nick Mann
12-02-2011, 03:13 PM
......so at least i wont have to touch it again after that.

pmsl!!! :d :p

Kryton
12-02-2011, 04:02 PM
Ah yes, maybe I should edit that. Famous last words, until next time i'm on here & someone has put something for sale or organised another group buy. I really have no will power what so ever :(

Nick Mann
12-02-2011, 04:07 PM
Once you have started modifying, there is always the next thing you want to do!

:D

Kryton
12-02-2011, 04:12 PM
I know that only too well courtesy of my Evo. I was hoping not to fall into the same mind set with the VR4. Must have been drunk when I though that as realistically, was never going to happen :d

Atik
12-02-2011, 04:15 PM
The only way to stop is to get married! That sure puts a stop to all the mods :( /lol

Kryton
12-02-2011, 04:46 PM
Now that is some advice I am not going to listen to but thanks anyway. I still like partying too much to condemn my life quite yet. However accommodating women pretend to be, I tend to find if you go out more than 4 times a week to get drunk & then ring them to get picked up from strip joints, they soon get fed up with it /haz. Looks like i'm gonna have to stick to spending on the car then

sampsulo
17-02-2011, 09:17 PM
is this chip good for our cars? Dudes in south africa refused to fit it. Apparently dastek themselves must make a harness before they touch it. But if i can fit myself....good piggy back?hate we