PDA

View Full Version : Full Legnum boot install

Pugme
12-02-2011, 05:37 PM
right now i appreciate what im up to is not everyones cuppa rosie but...

i still thought id share, after all you will all get to hear it loud and proud at the shows, so dont forget your neil diamond CD's or whatever you listen too :p

for now ill just whack up the pictures, im sure it will all be quite self explanatory, im generally building this at night after work as im working 7 days most the time, but i had a day off today as its valentines weekend, and the missus was out so i got to play in the day light! :D

Mark 4
12-02-2011, 06:01 PM
Have to say Darren that looks like a good piece of work (except for the last picture).

I need 2 sub boxes made for either side of the boot in my saloon. Could exchange for a paddle shift setup ?

Pugme
12-02-2011, 06:04 PM
:D and there was me thinking you wouldnt appreciate this type of thing :p

well im a chippy by trade, so im attempting to make a tidy install with as little fibreglass and filler as possible cos im not too sure on how to use that stuff properly!

cant believe you still dont like the wheel, it makes for such a better pic in daylight as the flash doesnt mess up the colours of things. oh well i took it for a spin earlier and it feels and works great :D

hmmm a day at the seaside making some bassboxes :) sounds like a good bit of fun to me, and a nice paddle shift too! sounds like a good deal, but not for a month or so cos i am flat out at work!

Wobble
12-02-2011, 06:29 PM
will be intresting to see the finished results.

i couldn't be bothered to do a proper install in this car did in my old supra though .the vr4 now has just has a carpeted twin 12" with pioneer subs powered by a 2000w rms amp stuck on the bsack of the box.fits perfect between the wheel arches at the rear of the boot and sounds great.

TAR
12-02-2011, 06:32 PM
thats looking great so far. Just waiting for the multi coloured neons to illuminate it all :happy:

Pugme
12-02-2011, 06:39 PM
there possibly will be a few neon/led's to illuminate things :p

cheers lads, need to get some more materials now tho!

aboo
12-02-2011, 07:24 PM
Looking good & a tidy job your making of it/yes

Not so sure on the steering wheel myself. maybe I'm getting old:)

Nick Mann
12-02-2011, 07:42 PM
It is looking good!

I wish you'd learn how to attach photos, though, that took a fair while to click each link and I may have missed one or two in the middle... I certainly saw one twice!

I'm looking forward to seeing the end result. :D

Pugme
12-02-2011, 07:59 PM
lol, ill do that later for ya :p

kiteman
12-02-2011, 08:09 PM
Have to agree with Mr Mann, opening each and every photo was so labourious. Looks like really nice work though.
Apart from the aestetics of the steering wheel, have you got something against airbags.

Pugme
12-02-2011, 08:47 PM
done :p

Mark 4
12-02-2011, 09:23 PM
See, no-one likes your steering wheel.

Kryton
12-02-2011, 10:39 PM
Got to agree with Mark, not a fan of the wheel, but if you're up for making some sub boxes to fit the Galoon, i will be be up for some sub box action. I miss a decent steroe after selling my JL setup & feel I should make use of the sub space but know it wont sound the same. Looks like a proper good job there & looking forward to the end result (just not loving the wheel)

aboo
12-02-2011, 11:36 PM
Only plus I can see to the steering wheel is the two buttons where your thumbs would sit. Instead of getting paddle shift convert them to change gear.

I'm sure it was turbosteve that has done this but with buttons on the back of the steering wheel.

I would say the buttons on your wheel is for the horn so you would have to relocate that.

CANDEE
13-02-2011, 10:37 AM
Did you remove the factory sound deadening before laying the new stuff? Reason I ask is that if you didnt it could lower the effectiveness of the new stuff. :) Otherwise a good job so far. :) Dont forget to seal your front doors too.

hardarse
13-02-2011, 11:22 AM
looks good mate but im an old man and im happy with the standard speakers they are loud enough for me. i would sound dead all the walls and floors as these cars seem to be built with thin metal and with the size of those holes you have built would shake your car good.

Pugme
13-02-2011, 11:49 AM
i removed some of the old stuff, but some of it wasnt budging :) so i applied extra heat so the new stuff melted right over it instead! lol

the doors will be getting done once the boot is complete. and the rest of the boot will probably be getting done later this week in the evenings.

I like the wheel, the wheel is here to stay :p

Colin Wiltshire
13-02-2011, 03:34 PM
What do you recommend using for sound deadening?

Mark 4
13-02-2011, 04:49 PM
I like the wheel, the wheel is here to stay :p

Good for you, we all have different tastes.

Pugme
13-02-2011, 11:53 PM
i used this colin, was quite easy to work with, and has come recommended from talk audio, so should be good.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Silent-Coat-MultiLayer-Bulk-Pack-/170602797125?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item27b8b81845

Mark 4
13-02-2011, 11:55 PM
What ?

CANDEE
14-02-2011, 08:06 AM
Didnt you try the dry ice trick? Thats the easiest way to get it off. :) Am not looking forward to doing mine prior to Dynamat install on mine.. lol

VR457
14-02-2011, 11:28 AM
That's a good design for the box. How much space have you allocated for the subs and what subs are they?

Pugme
14-02-2011, 01:44 PM
ill be using 2 rockford fosgate power 12's the boxes are pretty much the right size of 1.25 cubic foot + the 0.08 cubic foot allowance for the sub displacement. i have tje smaller T2's which run 600 watt rms.

might try to get on the side panels tonight, so while the cars gone for the week, i can maybe play with some bendy ply to create to create the curved fascia panel.

Pugme
27-04-2011, 08:41 PM
ok been a while but iv finally had some time for myself so heres what got done today :)

the front fascia panel is removeable, it is attached to the top panel. this will be leathered in black and the sub panels will bedone in white to give contrast, next up maybe tomorrow ill crack on getting the amp builds done, but i have no more bendy ply left.

the curved fascia panel is made of 3 skins of 5mm bendy ply which are pva'd together so it retains the curve even when not screwed to the formers.

sabreuk
27-04-2011, 09:26 PM
very nice mate, on sound deadning the stuff to use is brown bread its expensive but very good or dynamat which is just as good but hard to get hold of. i might have some work for ya aswell im pants with a jigsaw and sticking wood together :( spanners and wires i can do realy well just not wood stuff lol if your intrested giz a shout when your not so busy mate. but yeah like the sub box very neat. oh are you filling it with cotton wool or leaving it open? and are you putting ports in aswell? and a lil advice if you dont know if your silicon sealing the box on the inside to make it airtight make sure your subs are not illergic to the silicon or you will burn your cones out on the subs.

Mark 4
28-04-2011, 08:05 PM
You afraid of lawn mowers Darren ?

Seriously though that does look like a good job. I am now very serious about doing a deal if you still want the paddles.

Pugme
28-04-2011, 08:10 PM
when i get round to finsihing the box which will be soon, i will polyeurethane the joints which is an expanding foam type of glue which will air tight the box nicely.

iv gone for a sealed box simply due to the size requirements for a sealed box are about half the size of a ported box.

i may use dynamat for the doors as iv heard its very good to work with.

im sure once i get mod nats out of the way (i organize shows for my local club) i should have some spare time! lol

im attempting to build this install with curves with as little filler and fibreglass as possible, so hopefully its going to turn out fine, did a bit more work today getting ready for the amp builds.

Pugme
28-04-2011, 08:12 PM
lol mark! lawn mowers at the back of the garage and i cant get to it :p

blimey, thats 2 of ya now that want builds!! i will have to make some spare time!

Mark 4
28-04-2011, 08:12 PM
Yes, you will.

Pugme
28-04-2011, 08:15 PM
well i have to have my bass up and running by the end of the month ready for modified nationals (massive chav show if you didnt know) i already have the subs, and i have 2 mono block amps on order from the US! so hopefully will get it running!

HOODY
02-05-2011, 11:38 AM
great project! that would take me weeks and weeks of planning!

TOP JOB! looking forward to seeing the end result! what music do you like? Speakers that would fit in those holes would be great for D&B!

Pugme
02-05-2011, 08:43 PM
i am indeed an olk skool jungalist :)

NGULFU
06-06-2011, 07:02 AM
How is your build going? I am looking at doing something very similar to this build in my galant, as i too dont want to use fibreglass/filler...but with yours being a galoon it has easier access then in the galants boot.

Any updates so far? what speakers are you running in the doors?

Also great job on the box - looking nice and clean

Pugme
06-06-2011, 10:37 PM
sorry for my abscense!!!

as some of you may know im an events organiser on my local club, and basically Modified Nationals is the biggest car show in the uk and iv spent the last month or so preparing for it, and luckily it paid off as my club won 3rd place best club stand!! but never worry im back now :p

ok ill start uploading there has been some progress on the build but not as much as id have hoped for, due to funds really!! lol

Pugme
06-06-2011, 10:49 PM
ok so first i set about building the side panels, ill let he pics do most the talking!!

Pugme
06-06-2011, 10:59 PM
and here it is fully scribed into the boot!!

just need to get my 2 monoblock amps so i can scribe and mount them into the side panels!

aboo
06-06-2011, 11:23 PM
You'v done a really good job there Darren/yes. Must weigh a bit though?

Pugme
06-06-2011, 11:27 PM
i will attempt to weigh as much of it as i can beofre it finally gets fitted down!! the cars running 265 at the fly now, with downpipes and a custom map by nutter we think we can get 300 so hopefully that 35 bhp will compensate the weight and the car will be as quick when done as it is now :) which is pretty quick :D

Pugme
08-06-2011, 08:42 PM
i decided i wasnt too kenn on the big flat floor so iv decided to attempt a speherical one, of course made from solid materials :) (mdf)

this is a complex curve (as in bends in more than one direction) iv never done one before so we shall have to see how it goes!

Mark 4
08-06-2011, 10:32 PM
Ooh Darren, you're so clever

Pugme
10-06-2011, 09:10 PM
well the dished floor as fail so...

i began on the amp builds, by making a block of mdf the same size as the rockford power amps im waiting for i did this :)

Colin Wiltshire
11-06-2011, 09:49 PM
Looking soooo good, I have a great idea for my galant, just not very good going from head to reality

Pugme
11-06-2011, 10:19 PM
if you need any advice or wanna chuck some ideas about, feel free to pm me, and ill help as best i can :) in this thread alone iv got 2 people wanting buolds done!! lol

gonna carry on tomorrow, hopefully get the other amp build done, router the floor out for a glass panel, finsh he panels on the sub box, glue and fix toegtehr properly, then strip the whole lot out to finish the sound proofing, and possibly wash the car while im at it!!

now iv just typed that, it sounds like a busy day!

sabreuk
11-06-2011, 10:57 PM
im still interseted when ya get time mate.

Pugme
11-06-2011, 11:06 PM
i should have most of the build work done on this in the next week or so (fingers crossed) then i should be able to find some time for you and mark, and kryton if he is still interested.

try and draw what you want in pen, scan it and pm it to me, so i can see what your looking for, add a description too, some of you may draw as bad as me :D

Mark 4
11-06-2011, 11:14 PM
some of you may draw as bad as me :D

What's a pen ?

vr4drifta
12-06-2011, 12:42 PM
looks good mate maybe interested what sorts of costs we looking at to do something like this.

Wobble
12-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Personally i would not want this is mine as it takes up the boot space to much and will increase weight alot aswell .

But this does look really good and can see you having a few members wanting a bit of work done from yourself if you so accept it. i have had quite indepth installs in my previous cars and can see where your coming from completely and why your doing it .

Am looking forward to the final results of this. /popcorn

Have some well deserved Rep Darren :thumbsup:

Pugme
12-06-2011, 03:03 PM
costs depend on what you want! what i have built has taken a lot of working out due to angles and radius's being involved!

cheers Dave very appreciated :D, if it wasnt raining today i would have got the fascia panels completed and begun prepping them for trimming but rain has stopped play :( ol

Pugme
18-06-2011, 11:59 PM
could an admin or mod please change the thread title to "Full Legnum boot install" please :D

so heres the next bit of progress

Nutter_John
19-06-2011, 12:01 AM
looking good but did you really need to remove the rear bumper to fit the subs :D

Pugme
19-06-2011, 12:03 AM
no i did that so i could polish the exhaust tomorrow :p

and thankyou for the title change

VR457
20-06-2011, 09:00 AM
Very impressive craftsmanship. Looks like it will sound good too!

Are you keeping it as is or carpeting / something else?

Pugme
20-06-2011, 10:11 AM
all the front panels will be trimmed in black leather, once the fibreglassing is done ill be dropping them off for trimming.

Atik
20-06-2011, 10:31 AM
That looks really good Darren... But where do put the wardrobe or the bathtub or the shopping? /lol

Pugme
20-06-2011, 07:49 PM
wardrobe and bathtub woudl go in the van!

shopping goes in the middle, the radius of the false floor is 490, so its still a good boot space :)

Oggie
21-06-2011, 06:50 PM
hmmm you know what?

maybe if you have/had some hard copies of the whole rear end of your sounds you might be able to sell em on ebay and all they need to do is get them cut out and self install. just an idea maybe a bad one matybe not.

Pugme
23-06-2011, 10:41 PM
god no, i wouldnt go thru all this ball ache for someone else to have the same install :p lol

but could be a nice money maker :)

ok soo some more now!

Oggie
24-06-2011, 03:28 AM
just had a thought. and no it didnt hurt lol.

will there be any way to access the ayc reserve?

Pugme
24-06-2011, 07:11 AM
the 3 fascia panels are easily removeable, the sides come out first. so to access ayc, u remove right hand panel, remove amp and board, and u have full access to the ayc.

would take 10 mins at the very most, hardest bit would be removing the amp.

Pugme
19-11-2011, 06:27 PM
well its been a while, and yes its still coming together slowly, heres a few more pics of how its getting on.

as you see today i was begin to join the panels to the original panels of the car, theres still more filling and sanding needed but its getting better, also i had to lift the whole center section of the fascia to bring the mouldings back up to meet the c pillar, you can see wedges in the last few pictures, what i will have to do is pack the sub box up off the floor to centralise them back in the fascia holes.

next up more prep on the panels, sorting out panel gaps for leather, and rounding off the edges on the amp holes.

oh its all up and running now, ill try and get a video off it playing tomorrow.

Atik
19-11-2011, 07:10 PM
That looks insane! Good job /yes.

Pugme
19-11-2011, 07:28 PM
its getting there, the hole in the floor will be glazed, just need to knock up a template, until i can afford the other amps etc to go in there ill probably frost the glass and stick some lights in there.

as you can se at the minute i can still carry my cleaning gear :p so its still not a completely pointless estate!!

Nick Mann
19-11-2011, 07:42 PM
That looks like a real quality job. Spot on Darren!

aboo
19-11-2011, 09:01 PM
Looking good /yes

1timeVR4
19-11-2011, 09:58 PM
sweet, i bet it rocks !!! FN1B

Pugme
19-11-2011, 10:03 PM
cheers guys, well lets say im getting good 5mm vibration movement on the rear view mirror!! lol

them amps are both 1000W rms :D

Wobble
19-11-2011, 10:21 PM
i took my rear view mirror off as it annoyed the hell out of me rattling and was unviewable anyway with 1600w rms in my old vr4 .

thats looks very good Darren , well deserved rep on its way

Pugme
20-11-2011, 05:45 PM
cheers for the rep :)

ok bit more done to day on the boot and a little bit on the dash. basically where i fitted the 3 gauges in the clock hole only 60% of the gauges were visible so iv raised it up a bit, obviously ill have to cut a new piece of perspex, and my mate will wrap the cover in real carbon for me.

VR457
20-11-2011, 10:41 PM
Can you do anything about the rear view mirror? The vibrations and occasional rattling is annoying me. So far have smashed up a windscreen trying to take one out...

Install is super though!

Pugme
27-11-2011, 09:42 PM
lol, im not tooo sure whta to do about the mirror yet, for now i just turn the volume up till i cant hear vibrations any more!! lol

ok well the pics will show what iv been up to, still got the boot to finsih but i got a bit carried away on the dash! lol ah i should mention my mate carbon'd the gauge cover, it was only the second thing he had ever done (its real carbon btw) so top marks for effort :)

it still needs a final fill and sand but the bodyshop will do that before its painted gloss black along with the vents, the last pic is a copy from ozvr4, the gear knob is on ebay so i think i will be copying this guy :) so full props go to mr bdscott

adaxo
27-11-2011, 10:08 PM
Great project :thumbsup:, are you willing to copy this?? if yes I would like to be your happy customer.

Pugme
27-11-2011, 10:16 PM
until the bodyshop have had there hands on it, i wouldnt say the quality of it is good enough to be selling

im not looking forward to taking it back out either, with the AC control back in, it was a mighty tight squeeze getting it to pop over the chrome surround of the gearshift!! on well fingers crossed when the time comes.

i really should have templated my two mdf formers! if i can get john to pop round with his vr i can make 2 more for ya? if thats any help? i too am a complete novice with the fibreglass stuff.

adaxo
27-11-2011, 10:29 PM
Ok, understand, are you made any use of added space below radio?? or it will be just plain ??

Pugme
27-11-2011, 10:34 PM
i may add a couple of volt meters, for now, ill leave it plain, but theres definately good possibilities, as there is loads of room behind it

bingo999
27-11-2011, 10:43 PM
Maximum respect that install looks amazing! :) my corsa has a boot build but everything is hidden and i still have what looks like a normal boot area to use :) the leggy will be staying standard tho with regards to ICE

Pugme
28-11-2011, 11:16 PM
cheers buddy. i cant leave any of my cars standard, my showcar was built by pro's (paid for by me tho!) so its nice to be doing this myself, shame its taking so bloody long tho!!

main section of boot is nearly finsihed tho, just got to finish the cover panels etc, get some glass for the floor, then have it trimmed.

pezza
29-11-2011, 04:28 PM
Top Marks Darren looks v good. I'm sure I'll be able to hear the DnB from Hemel judging by those pair of amps :D

Pugme
14-04-2013, 11:49 PM
well its been a while but its started again!!

will carry on nextweekend, but im sure you can see its getting there, will order up some resin and fibreglass during the week to complete the builds, then start making the door card

also some of the aussie boys may like my new window sticker ;-)

exevoowner
15-04-2013, 09:09 AM
Nice work

VR457
15-04-2013, 05:12 PM
How can you live without music for so long? Build is beyond reproach but i guess you need the time to make it all come together.

darren1976
15-04-2013, 09:23 PM
looking good mate just doing mine at moment with a alphasonik dual voice coil 12 inch sub grafated into side panel in the boot

Badger_01
15-04-2013, 11:16 PM
This is awesome :D

Pugme
16-04-2013, 09:21 AM
Cheers guys.

Nigel, ill be pming you today tomorrow on the bolsters, been prioritizing funds lol

Luckily for me jamil, the legnum is not my everyday car, I have a van for work, but it will be worthwhile once its all in

Thankfully a boot is not a necessity for me :-)

And cheers Reece :-)

Pugme
20-04-2013, 07:58 PM
heres another installment, hopefully some fibreglassing tomorrorw and itll all start coming together nicely :d

Pugme
21-04-2013, 10:35 PM
well amp builds are nearly ready, just got to drop a rebate in for the glass, then once the glass is in, i will trim with carpet to give a nice cutout on the glass to show the amps off. to get a straight line for the amp cutouts i placed a straight edege across the car and lined it up with the door trims.

and i started fibreglassing the door pods, im not great at this as iv only ever used fibreglass once before on the boot panels, and as you can see that was majorically built from wood as thats what im comfortable working with.

iv got the day off tuesday as an engineer is coming to the house so will get them trimmed up and sanded down a bit then then go for a trial fit and figure out how to secure them to the door properly. so i can attempt the starting work for the door cards.

Pugme
23-04-2013, 10:17 PM
so, sanded and prepped up the boxes, few little touchups with fibreglass filler and all seems good with them. fitted them into the door with the mid builds, i then cut two rings which will be part of the doorcard, to center the rings with the speaker holes i cut two circles, one the size of the speaker, and one the size of the speaker hole the circles i wrapped in brown tape so the resin didnt stick to them, everything fixed together and on went the tshirt and resin, ill not get to play with them again till saturday so fingers crossed there all good

Badger_01
24-04-2013, 12:39 AM
This is crazy man haha good work!

unclepaulie
24-04-2013, 01:52 PM
:O holy crap. major props mate. wish i had patience for this stuff

darren1976
24-04-2013, 07:54 PM
Need to hear this car when it's finished looks the dogs

Pugme
24-04-2013, 11:29 PM
Cheers guys, appreciated :)

Im quite looking forward to cracking on with this on Saturday. Ill get the other door up to this stage first thing while I let the a layer of matting cure on the first card as im unsure about popping the card off with just the tshirt/resin layer. Then its time to shape it up amd join it back to the other half and hope it all comes together nicely

Evolved
27-04-2013, 10:27 AM
im sure this is going to sound amazing!

but isn't it adding abit too much weight?

plus.. what if it rattles (which the most annoying noise in the history of ICE)

on a positive note u'll have the best sound system in any VR4 :pimp2:

and it looks alot better than the gash mtv's 'pimp my ride' used to fashion.

another note, ive owned rockford fosgate before.. best speakers ever made!!

Pugme
27-04-2013, 10:48 PM
iv always loved rockford bass, im aware there is better out there, but im an old lover of it, i was swayed to hertz for the midrange as a friend got me a really good price.

once the full system is in, it will be controlled by an audison bit one processor meaning i can switch between modes and will be able to turn off the 8's and power tweeters for when im in the car and have a nicely tuned SQ install with just the 12's and the 3 ways. and then when i need it, i can have all out everything tumping!!

the rattles im doing what i can to reduce, as i work on each area im soundproofing and securing cables, the dash will be coming out at some point so can attack that area when the time comes, but i wont know how well iv done till its too late!! lol

well today i got the passenger door sheeted and resin'd and two coats of matting on the drivers door and started rubbing down and prepping up for fun with filler tomorrow to start shaping the card.

sonicsoundzdj
27-04-2013, 11:56 PM
Enjoying watching your progress. I had a boot build in my estate but nothing like this! A lot of effort has gone into this one, Great work. I play bass guitar too so I like being able to literally feel the music.

Pugme
28-04-2013, 10:45 PM
i got distracted today as our hot tub is finally working (fingers crossed no more issues with that!!)

so, the passenger card now has two layers of matting and is ready to be hit with the grinder and sander to get some sort of shape going on, and the drivers card is shaping up nicely :-)

666damned
29-04-2013, 06:07 PM
just reading through the entire project darren...awesome standard of work ,should sound as good as it looks....are you gonna be competing?

darren1976
26-08-2013, 03:03 PM
anymore updates on this as its been a while

Pugme
26-08-2013, 10:29 PM
unfortunately not, been working on my other car getting it up to standard for selling, building an arcade machine, and finishing the garden decking!! lol but i am getting the hump driving round with no door cards :)

Pugme
02-04-2014, 07:56 PM
haha well its taken a while but theres been finally an update!!

so the front door cards are back in and trimmed, there is a small gap on the passenger 8" so itll need a bit of tweaking about, hopefully not too much.

ill admit i had to outsource as i just wasnt finding the time to finish these and i knew i was never going to trim them myself so i had a friend of mine in north london finish them.

before i can wire them up i need to sort the power supplys out, so next up is attack the bay!!

adaxo
02-04-2014, 07:59 PM
WANT your centre console!

btw rest looking good too, cant wait till JP2 to see and hear this live

Pugme
02-04-2014, 08:07 PM
haha it does look a bit better with the dust blown off :)

as im going to have 5 amps in the end, im going to be running an audison bit one which has a main brain unit and a control unit which i will mount in the dash.

Colin Wiltshire
02-04-2014, 08:18 PM
Those door cards look SWEEEEEEET. Exactly what I want, even down to the damn colour. Any chance you could get another set made including the rear?

Gingerfish
02-04-2014, 08:45 PM
Excellent work there Darren. Keep it up dude.

Pugme
02-04-2014, 09:01 PM
Unfortunately Colin just like my dash it was all built by me :) and as you can see by dates I'm not in much of a rush.

My rear doors will be trimmed the same and will house another 2 8" mid bass as well. There is also zero chance of getting a sealed boxed 8 in the door in that position with OEM seats. As it is the 8's touch the buckets.

Cheers Alex, I was motivated by fast show so hopefully more coming sooner!!

kiwigalant
02-04-2014, 09:20 PM
Those door panels look awesome! That color combination is sweet and it looks almost stock on the bottom. Are you going to put a grill over the mid bass and where are you placing tweeters?

This thread is pretty inspirational. Although if I do an install in these cars I think I would do a false floor or wall in the boot. But it's interesting to see mid range and bass in the doors, there doesn't seem to be enough room by the accelerator pedal for a kick panel.

Pugme
02-04-2014, 09:33 PM
I have the hertz st35 power tweeter and I the 6.5" is part of a 3 way setup

So all 3 of them will be positioned up the A pillar.

Nope no grills, the car isn't used daily so won't be an issue! Hopefully

Pugme
12-04-2014, 06:58 PM
ok so more play time today on the rear seat bench just got to make up a piece to infill the sides of the base now, not sure if i did or didnt post what this is but its an 200sx s14 rear bench, which is bucketed so goes much better with my bride fronts, the rear will also be getting trimmed to match.

Pugme
13-04-2014, 08:10 PM
side base panels are made and its now ready for trimming /drinkswine

exevoowner
14-05-2014, 07:51 PM
looking good Pugme would they be the side bolsters i dropped off to you lol

Pugme
15-05-2014, 08:23 AM
They are indeed!

They've gone to good use as you can see. The trimmer has become a little elusive, gonna try and hunt him down this weekend

Pugme
15-06-2014, 09:55 PM
i posted another thread showing the new second alternator i fitted, i have nearly finished doing the wiring of the regulator and the last bit is installing the dual volt gauge i have got coming to monitor the front and rear battery levels, so with all that done and the wiring tidied and all earths upgraded in the bay, today i found a few hours to get the new batteries in the boot, these weigh in at 25kg each!! hmmmm might have to lift the coilovers a few millimeters :)

wintertidenz
16-06-2014, 07:49 AM
Good choice of batteries :)