PDA

View Full Version : Speakers

John TheAntique
16-02-2011, 12:12 AM
The pretty young lady (at least she would be pretty if she didn't have her upper lip attached to her nose with a safety pin giving her a sort of permanent snarl ) from the motor parts shop sat in my car and opined that I had " blown the speaker " Now I have in the distant past been accused of muffin' the mule but loud speakers (and vacuum cleaners) do nothing for me so I recon that was a bit rude. She thinks Ripspeed RS172 at £19.99 should satisfy me. Anyone care to apprise these?

Atik
16-02-2011, 12:18 AM
The pretty young lady (at least she would be pretty if she didn't have her upper lip attached to her nose with a safety pin giving her a sort of permanent snarl ) from the motor parts shop sat in my car and opined that I had " blown the speaker " Now I have in the distant past been accused of muffin' the mule but loud speakers (and vacuum cleaners) do nothing for me so I recon that was a bit rude. She thinks Ripspeed RS172 at £19.99 should satisfy me. Anyone care to apprise these?

Awesome intro into the situation/question :D
If they are the stock ones that you have just blown, then the Ripspeeds would suffice. They are not even mid-range quality speakers, as you can see from the price, but they will be ok to handle an average stereo output.

666damned
16-02-2011, 04:46 PM
depends wot price you put on quality of sound?.........for that money your going to get budget sound........dig deeper john ..........:laugh:

elnevio
16-02-2011, 07:40 PM
TBH, the stock speakers are better! The stock speakers are actually under-estimated most of the time.

Pick a decent enough name, and you should be ok. I bought a set of four Infinitys off of eBay for £80 new, and am happy with them, three years on.

Humpty's Revenge
16-02-2011, 07:51 PM
John go for a pair of these dude, turn erm sideways & you`ll never know they`re there mate.

John TheAntique
16-02-2011, 08:08 PM
Love em, reminds me of my old wind up that played 78's King Oliver, Bessie Smith, Ma Rainey Johnny Dodds and all.
Seriously I don't need anything serious just something that doesn't rattle when John Humphries gets going in the morning.
Thanks chaps.

Wodjno
16-02-2011, 08:20 PM
Love em, reminds me of my old wind up that played 78's King Oliver, Bessie Smith, Ma Rainey Johnny Dodds and all.
Seriously I don't need anything serious just something that doesn't rattle when John Humphries gets going in the morning.
Thanks chaps.

Are you sure it's not the 500watt Sub under the passenger seat making the door speakers rattle :laugh: /Hmmm

John TheAntique
16-02-2011, 08:39 PM
What a memory!!! No thats hers and I turn it right down when I'm by myself.

Pugme
16-02-2011, 08:45 PM
ill let you have my oem ones john in the not too distant, how desperate are ya?

sonicsoundzdj
16-02-2011, 09:03 PM
the stock speakers are made of paper cones and arnt made to handle much power. If your not bothered about a really powerfull output the ripspeed ones will be fine!