PDA

View Full Version : VR4 Uk Ralliart (1 Of the 200)

A1player
18-02-2011, 11:29 PM
Hi to all & thanks for reading my question & i hope you can help.
I have a UK VR4 Ralliart not gray inport & as i have the bill of sale and have checked it out
Can anyone tell me what Ralliart done to my VR4 ,i have looked every where on the web and cant find any info one what work they were asked to do to the standard VR4 other than better BPH .
Thanks for your time & help if you can give any info on the above it would be so helpful.
Steve

mattnz
18-02-2011, 11:59 PM
It does not have more power as far as I'm aware, they just did UK compliance stuff (rear fogs etc.). But someone else will know better :)

Kryton
19-02-2011, 12:01 AM
Hi & welcome to the club. There is no difference to any other facelift type-s with cold weather pack / spec. They undersealed the cars but if its been in the UK since new, I would hope its been redone again by now to prevent rot underneath. If you become a full member, you will have access to all the info you should ever need about your car.

Post up some picture so I can see how different your reg is to my Ralliart one :d

Edited: Good point, de-restricted / convert to MPH, fuel nozel adapter, rear fog light (depending on year & whether Estate or Saloon, may be in bumper or in both rear lights), a cr@ppy sticker that says 'MPH' over the original 'KPH' marker & remove the steering light bulbs

Kryton
19-02-2011, 12:12 AM
Also, looks like you will be nice & convenient for Eurospec!

elnevio
19-02-2011, 12:46 AM
Pretty much already covered above!

They also added an alarm and changed the stereo, but otherwise, the 'official' UK cars were still grey imports (i.e. not originally intended for our shores) albeit backed up with the official Mitsi warranty and dealer network.

That'll be why there's not a lot of information about what they did to 'UK' cars, because it actually wasn't all that much!

Any pics, by the way? They are mandatory! /Camera

gastro
23-02-2011, 07:58 PM
but otherwise, the 'official' UK cars were still grey imports

????
Not too sure you can claim a car that is officially imported (in this instance, by The Colt Car Company Ltd) is "still a grey import"?
'Officially imported UK cars were fundamentally the same as grey imports', maybe.
But, 'official' cars ARE NOT grey imports!
I may seem to be being pedantic. However, certainly in the early years that i had the VR4 (I've had it 10 yrs now), I achieved a significant reduction on insurance premiums by supplying documentary proof that the vehicle was NOT a grey import. This may still be the case.

Kryton
23-02-2011, 08:17 PM
I like when I was going to buy a shogun evo a few years back and got quotes £700 more than a pajero evo as rarer. Also I'm gonna agree with nev. I have a uk car but they were never destin for the uk until colt cars bought them. Also colt cars in my opinion are just an importer that mitsi gave the rights to. Mitsubishi uk doesn't really exist :(

Kryton
23-02-2011, 08:29 PM
But will add that if hpid they will not be marked as non eu import so technically official uk cars