PDA

View Full Version : Wellington's next meet

CANDEE
27-02-2011, 08:37 AM
Hey guys,

Have been thinking on what we should do for our next meet?

Maybe get a Lake Ferry run in before the weather gets too bad for it?

J

Robotnik123
27-02-2011, 09:49 AM
What about a run to Palmerston Nth? It's been what a year since the last run there, and the Saddle Rd and Pahiatua track are good driving possibilities.

VR4 MAD
28-02-2011, 05:24 AM
I'm currently working on a route for a short blast up part of the old State Highway 52 but need to gather some info regarding distances and route alternatives before going into any further details............... :)

Watch this space............... /bounce /popcorn

/toycar

VR4WGN
28-02-2011, 05:28 AM
J why dont we get the club to issue you with Wellington Only regional meets then,seen as all yours seem to hover around the big blower....
Rob has a good point,but then again who am i to say maby we should have a meet more central for ALL not just the Blower residents
IE TOUPO or even NAPIER!

look at auckland,theyr massive and have alot of functions and aswell alot of people turn up,and the venues vary too,(moari by nature) you do a very good job at organising these events ,my hat off to you

low_vr4
28-02-2011, 06:17 AM
I would be keen for palmy, castlepoint or lake ferry or something along those lines. Definately wouldnt go as far as taupo or napier with petrol prices the way they are and they are only set to rise. The Vr4 is only for special occasions as it is

Zitchu
28-02-2011, 06:22 AM
Napier would be cool aswell and most of the roads that lead there are pretty good too.

CANDEE
28-02-2011, 06:40 AM
J why dont we get the club to issue you with Wellington Only regional meets then,seen as all yours seem to hover around the big blower....
Rob has a good point,but then again who am i to say maby we should have a meet more central for ALL not just the Blower residents
IE TOUPO or even NAPIER!

look at auckland,theyr massive and have alot of functions and aswell alot of people turn up,and the venues vary too,(moari by nature) you do a very good job at organising these events ,my hat off to you

Q,

I was just putting ideas out there, and I didnt say anywhere that Lake Ferry was the only option did I?

I will re-organise the Tui meet again, but later on in the year(as stated before)...

Getting Taupo and Napier events organised over the whole club is an interesting task, so it does take time and planning... There are things in the works so please bear with us

And WTF is with the Blower comments?????

J

CANDEE
28-02-2011, 06:44 AM
I'm currently working on a route for a short blast up part of the old State Highway 52 but need to gather some info regarding distances and route alternatives before going into any further details............... :)

Watch this space............... /bounce /popcorn

/toycar

Wynn and I have done part of this route before. :) Once Wynn sort out his computer he will post up the different options...

Ryan
28-02-2011, 06:48 AM
And WTF is with the Blower comments?????

Not quite sure either but if I had to guess, I'd say that it is a reference to Wellington's wind? (Either that or all the political hot air that emanates from there).

VR4 MAD
28-02-2011, 09:38 AM
IE TOUPO or even NAPIER!

Well Q, there's nothing to stop you and your fellow 'Balmy Palmy crew' from starting a thread to suggest a meet up somewhere other than a venue/location that is close to good old 'Windy Welly'. As has been proven in the past, the Welly crew is quite capable and willing to travel up to your area to meet up with you guys. And you obviously see the threads Jeremy, as our (Wellington Area) event organiser posts up about up coming events but I can't remember you guys coming down here to join in the events he's organised.

Remember too, his official position is more of a 'facilitator' than that of event organiser. He doesn't have sole responsibility to think of the ideas for events, then go arrange and organise the event, and run it on the day. Those are the club members jobs, he's just there to co-ordinate things to ensure scheduled event dates don't clash, liaise with the club committee over funding etc.

Jeremy has organised a number of events, all of which have been well run and attended by 'the locals' from around Welly. But organising things further afield, in towns other than Wellington, is asking a bit much as he isn't familar with venues/places to go or things to do. Which gets us right back to where I started this post, that is you guys needing to step up and firstly put up some suggestions of things to do or places to go outside Wellington. And then to come to the party and offer to, at the very least, help arrange things locally. Jeremy and I will do our best to mobilse the 'troops' this end to get up to support your suggested event.

Please don't critise without having firstly shown a willingness to show your support for the Club events he has organised previously, something you haven't done, yet you expect us to organize an event for you guys, from down here and then also expect us to travel up there when you haven't done the same in the past for events down here ...................... no fair............. /Hissy

The 'Tui Brewery Run' is now an annual event which is our attempt to have something more central to the area Jeremy finds himself as 'event organiser' for but without a bigger group of members to cater for up your way, the majority of events are always going to be centered around the larger group of members here in Wellington, if for no other reason than to help ensure we can get enough people along to make the effort to get the event up and going worth while, as well enjoyable enough so people will want to go.

Your praise of the Auckland organiser fails to recognise and take into account the fact those events are IN AUCKLAND, which leaves the Hamilton members in just the same situation you find yourself in and are complaining about. I don't see you giving them any thought when holding Auckland's events up as the example we should all be following................. Sorry RANT OVER............... :furious4: :furious4: /hammer /hammer

Just my two cents worth............ :coat

Oggie
28-02-2011, 09:49 AM
Watch this space............... /bounce

ok beeen staring at the screen for 3 hours, now what?

CANDEE
28-02-2011, 10:00 AM

Im not sure he has sorted his comp yet... He still has to work all the distances out for us to make an informed decision on routes etc. :)

Robotnik123
28-02-2011, 11:17 AM
I have a suggestion for a future run "The Gentle Annie" road between Taihape and Napier. 150km of very twisty narrow road. Plus it is all sealed now, so no need for an Evo rally car to run it anymore.

VR4 MAD
28-02-2011, 11:18 AM

Oh great, just what we need.................... another bl**dy comedian................ LOL

Sorry all my time tonight went on venting my spleen at some people who seem quick to critise and slow to step forward to do something to put things they thick wrong, right.

As soon as I get this PC to do as it's told, I'll get the info up.

/toycar

VR4 MAD
28-02-2011, 11:31 AM
I have a suggestion for a future run "The Gentle Annie" road between Taihape and Napier. 150km of very twisty narrow road. Plus it is all sealed now, so no need for an Evo rally car to run it anymore.

Nice suggestion Jan but one has to wonder just how many people would actually go on such a run as that. You are talking several hundred km to get there, another 150km over the 'Gentle Annie' road and then the same distance home again. Total cost on gas = huge.

Also, I am assuming you intend this to be a one day event and not an over nighter? If not, then accommodation costs will just add to the total cost, making it even harder for people to afford to go.

Maybe as part of a 'National' CVR4 weekend meet in Taupo, we could do that but as a one off I'd be surprised if, come the day to go, you would find many actually heading away. The cost would be just prohibitive for many.

/toycar

Oggie
28-02-2011, 11:53 AM
my fave road trip is... te awamutu down state highway 3 to wanga's i really enjoy it in the summer when there is a setting sun over the ocean. then pull up grab some "fush ond cheps " and down it with a nice cold coke to cut the grease away while the sun goes down ont he horizen(sp?).

but I dont like the idea cruising to te awamutu just for that lol.

rayray24
28-02-2011, 09:39 PM
What about manfield race track? When's their next open day??

Also thanks J for sorting the dyno day, just wish I didn't have to fix the car really wanted to see what power the beast had.

P.S My little girl loved being there to vrrroomm vrrroomm.

CANDEE
28-02-2011, 10:43 PM
Ryan, They dont have open days as such.. Usually you go with someone like Playdays on Track.

Wynn, Pierre & I have been on them and are great days, but they prob wont have anymore till mid year or later...

No worries re the dyno day, was good to catch up with ya. :)

Oggie
01-03-2011, 12:36 AM
Oh great, just what we need.................... another bl**dy comedian................ LOL

Sorry all my time tonight went on venting my spleen at some people who seem quick to critise and slow to step forward to do something to put things they thick wrong, right.

As soon as I get this PC to do as it's told, I'll get the info up.

/toycar

Sorry could not resist that one.:upsidedow

VR4 MAD
01-03-2011, 05:20 AM
Sorry could not resist that one.:upsidedow

No worries ............... I walked straight into that one anyway........... LOL

Right here is the suggested route for a run up through the Wairarapa. Total distance from BP Melling up to Dannevirke and return is 425km. /Steeringw

There are several variations possible with shorter total distances if this was considered too far or would take too long............. :anxious:

Thoughts? /JawDroppi

/toycar

rayray24
01-03-2011, 06:19 AM
I like. Maybe we could come back along S/H 1?? Some great stops along there.

low_vr4
01-03-2011, 06:44 AM
when would this event happen as i have just started my final year project for my I.T degree :smart:

CANDEE
01-03-2011, 07:27 AM
Most likely in the next month(ish) Mike. :)

pbaron
01-03-2011, 07:44 AM
Most likely in the next month(ish) Mike. :)
That soon, excellent I am in. If anyone is interested there is another playday at Manfeild on Sunday 1 May.

CANDEE
01-03-2011, 07:48 AM
That soon, excellent I am in. If anyone is interested there is another playday at Manfeild on Sunday 1 May.

Well the VR has a tank of gas in it... Dont want it to go stale on me... lol

VR4WGN
01-03-2011, 08:59 AM
AWW look the 2 stand up for eachother,the reason i do not attend your wellington meets is for the simpe fact theyr wellington only,blower ie wellington..
wynn i think age may be getting up thea and a bitta old timers disease kicking in,but if i remember correctly and so wil lYOU and everyone lese when iremind you of my orgnisation and funding for the sausage sizzle and drinks at SSS on th windmill trip ? right? right!!!!

im a huge fan of the Tui run,but feel it needs to be a summer run not winter ish but thats my opinion.
im not having a go,if you feel wound up then your easy to wind up,simply airing my views!
i just dont see how we dont have any functions and auckland dominate their meets and hac]ve good turn ups of the events.

but 1 thing i want to rant on about is.

WHY BUY A VR4 IF YOUR NOT WILLING TO PAY FOR GAS?? iv noticed recently the amount of moaning going on bout having to fork out for fuel, buy a prius or a moped if you want economy,rant off

low_vr4
01-03-2011, 09:08 AM
AWW look the 2 stand up for eachother,the reason i do not attend your wellington meets is for the simpe fact theyr wellington only,blower ie wellington..
wynn i think age may be getting up thea and a bitta old timers disease kicking in,but if i remember correctly and so wil lYOU and everyone lese when iremind you of my orgnisation and funding for the sausage sizzle and drinks at SSS on th windmill trip ? right? right!!!!

im a huge fan of the Tui run,but feel it needs to be a summer run not winter ish but thats my opinion.
im not having a go,if you feel wound up then your easy to wind up,simply airing my views!
i just dont see how we dont have any functions and auckland dominate their meets and hac]ve good turn ups of the events.

WHY BUY A VR4 IF YOUR NOT WILLING TO PAY FOR GAS?? iv noticed recently the amount of moaning going on bout having to fork out for fuel, buy a prius or a moped if you want economy,rant off

I can moan all i want about paying for gas. Im a student :2thumbsup

CANDEE
01-03-2011, 09:15 AM

Q,

In no way are the Wellington meets Wellington only... They are Wellington based that is all... Anyone from around NZ are welcome to attend, just like anyone is welcome to attend the Auckland or Christchurch meets. :)

im a huge fan of the Tui run,but feel it needs to be a summer run not winter ish but thats my opinion. Hence why im looking to run it in spring or some time in early summer. :)

A lot of us Welly guys have alternate cars( I have a prius, Wynn has a Sirion), but with other things like car mods/normal life stuff, and a tank being $120, its harder and harder to get enough of a group together to justify some of the runs, hence why some of the longer runs dont happen... Unfortunately that is a fact of life these days... Also for most people Napier & Taupo runs are a 2 day run, therefore you have to factor things like accomo and food etc..

Oggie
01-03-2011, 09:44 AM
dude you trying to be an asshole, or is it natural born curse you have?

BEG4ME
01-03-2011, 10:05 AM

1st. So congratulations, you help with a meet. No need to rub it in and feel almighty because of one good deed.
2nd. The first meet i attended was the Auckland meet just gone, and going from that 1 experience only, it turned out well because people travelled from wherever they were to attend. I myself had a 2.5hr drive to get there. I'm sure that 'ILLEGAL' also had around the same amount of time to travel. So

@ CANDEE Approximately when would this TUI run be happening? I would be keen to do that, but some time to organise myself would be helpful. Plus also, a bit of time to save for fuel, accomodation, food, etc.
Cheers

Subaru ETA
01-03-2011, 10:09 AM

Lol!

Robotnik123
01-03-2011, 10:36 AM
1st. So congratulations, you help with a meet. No need to rub it in and feel almighty because of one good deed.
2nd. The first meet i attended was the Auckland meet just gone, and going from that 1 experience only, it turned out well because people travelled from wherever they were to attend. I myself had a 2.5hr drive to get there. I'm sure that 'ILLEGAL' also had around the same amount of time to travel. So

@ CANDEE Approximately when would this TUI run be happening? I would be keen to do that, but some time to organise myself would be helpful. Plus also, a bit of time to save for fuel, accomodation, food, etc.
Cheers

That PN meet he organised was very good I thought and with Wellington and PN members combined it had a high turnout as well. Another meet like that should be pencilled in for some point in the future I suggest.

Oggie
01-03-2011, 11:02 AM
That PN meet he organised was very good I thought and with Wellington and PN members combined it had a high turnout as well. Another meet like that should be pencilled in for some point in the future I suggest.

I am down for a lower north island met much later this year. just not on labour weekend or queens birthday. they are perma booked for me :) go the lan parties.

VR4 MAD
01-03-2011, 12:24 PM
WARNING, sorry but a long post follows.

AWW look the 2 stand up for each other...................

And that's a bad thing ????????? Q, that's what friends do.

.............the reason i do not attend your wellington meets is for the simpe fact theyr wellington only.............

We have never said, or ever implied they were Wellington only events. No other region or countries events are restricted in anyway so why would we want to?? If they were, why would we post up in the events forum to let the wider club members know about the events, if we didn't want them to attend.

...............but if i remember correctly and so will YOU and everyone else when i remind you of my orgnisation and funding for the sausage sizzle and drinks at SSS on the windmill trip ? right? right!!!!............

Correct, you did, but how long ago was that? AND we, the Wellington members, came up for that event to support it and you. Have you had or even suggested anything since? No.

Wellington has had a number of events since, all with an open invitation to ALL members to come along but all we have had was a few vague promises of about showing up that came to naught from you.

................im not having a go,if you feel wound up then your easy to wind up, simply airing my views!.................

The problem with airing your views, which I fully agree you have every right to do, is that if we don't respond with our take on things, your views might be perceived as the way things are, when in fact there are differing views, which we are expressing in just the same way you have expressed your views.

...........i just dont see how we dont have any functions.............

What's this?? No functions?? We've had bowling nights, cafe' runs, simple 'meet and greet' days, runs to Lake Ferry and Southwards Car Museum, a Dyno day, and we have posted in the forums about attending 'Track Days' at Mansfield race circuit (just down the bl**dy road from you) telling people when and where, and asking for those interested to come along to either watch and support the guys racing or to try their hand on the track themselves ......... the list goes on and all have been posted about on the forums.

.................and auckland dominate their meets and have good turn ups of the events.

The turn out in Auckland is greatly helped by the fact there is simplely more of them.............. bl**dy JAFA's .............. LOL

..............but 1 thing i want to rant on about is. WHY BUY A VR4 IF YOUR NOT WILLING TO PAY FOR GAS?? iv noticed recently the amount of moaning going on bout having to fork out for fuel, buy a prius or a moped if you want economy,rant off

Being 'willing to pay' for gas and HAVING money available to pay for gas are two entirely different things. I'm willing to pay for the petrol but don't always have the money to be able to. And I know I'm not alone in that either. I don't complain about the costs of owning the VR4, but it is something many people do have to consider......... Pierre being the exception......... LOL

This has never been a personal attack on you but just a case of wanting to post up our response to your original post.

The shame is that this is starting to get personal and that needs to stop............ and NOW.

Best we start to think of ways to fix what is obviously a problem.

/toycar

VR4WGN
01-03-2011, 07:30 PM
i was never having a personal attack,you all know me by now,but Oggie,hava cuppa shut the F up ok,go study or something...

Wynn i did not want to mention any sort of meet as i did no think it was my place to, now i know we are allowed only the fact that J will cordinae it all(correct?) means good news then,i apologize,

iv been wanting to hold a Workshop day for the club for some time now as i have the premesis and the hoist for the ability to turn out everyones car in 1 day atleast and they can really have a good chance to do things to their car,but again i didnt think it was my place to, so by all means if its ok withyou would you like to thus arrange a workshop day at my shop then ,i dont mind when jsut get a feel on when everyone is keen.

as for the manfield meets,you guys only attended 1 correct? pierre is the 1 stil lgoing to the track day wich there are a few this time of the year,but yea funds seem to dampen everything

anyhow like you said,lets stop and move forward.keep up the work then J and hope that we have a good meet crowd soon

VR4WGN
01-03-2011, 07:32 PM
no need for your 2 cents worth terry. rather find ways to keep this car looking good atleast,not like that white heap that wa at my shop lastnight

rayray24
01-03-2011, 08:10 PM
Hell yeah workshop day!!!!! I remember the one at my old place.

CANDEE
02-03-2011, 03:46 AM
As this case thread has become counter-productive, I have created a new thread for the proposed run: http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?55918-Wellington-Area-Run-Sunday-27th-March

End of thread/