PDA

View Full Version : Wellington Area Run - Sunday 27th March

CANDEE
02-03-2011, 03:43 AM
As per the original thread.

We are looking at doing a run from Lower Hutt up into the Wairapapa, poss as far as Dannevirke...

Proposed route is below:

Total k's is about 400km's. :) It can be made shorter by only going to the towns further down.

Who is in?

J

pbaron
02-03-2011, 05:14 AM
Sundays are good for me, I'm in on this one.

VR4 MAD
02-03-2011, 05:18 AM
Well considering I'm the one who suggested this little trip, I'm obligated to at least attend and provided Jeremy can trust me to go the right way this time, everyone is likely to be following me as I know (???) where I'm going............... yea right...........LOL

/toycar

CANDEE
02-03-2011, 05:24 AM
Well considering I'm the one who suggested this little trip, I'm obligated to at least attend and provided Jeremy can trust me to go the right way this time, everyone is likely to be following me as I know (???) where I'm going............... yea right...........LOL

/toycar
As long as we dont turn right at that intersection we should be good.. :P

My exhaust doesnt like rally stages remember... /rally

J

kNuTz
02-03-2011, 08:58 AM
I'm in, need to catch up after needing to bail on the dyno day!

CANDEE
02-03-2011, 08:59 AM
I'm in, need to catch up after needing to bail on the dyno day!
Excellent news Ray. :) Will be good to see you again. :)

VR4 MAD
02-03-2011, 09:45 AM
As long as we dont turn right at that intersection we should be good.. :P
J

OK then................ note to self, get out the big vivid marker to write a large 'L' and 'R' onto the back of hands ........................... :)

/toycar

CANDEE
02-03-2011, 10:17 AM
OK then................ note to self, get out the big vivid marker to write a large 'L' and 'R' onto the back of hands ........................... :)

/toycar

ummm yes... lol expec after you getting the left and right wrong today eh? lol

low_vr4
02-03-2011, 10:30 AM
damn, i work sundays :(

Oggie
03-03-2011, 12:50 AM
is it ok if we bring a friend or two along?

got a mate who wants to come along and has offerd to pay half my gas bill lol.

CANDEE
03-03-2011, 05:24 AM
Thats fine Terry. :)

I will most likely have my partner along with me, and maybe Wynn too...

VR4 MAD
03-03-2011, 10:25 PM
..................I will most likely have my partner along with me, and maybe Wynn too...

I'm going with you.......... ????????????

I didn't know that.......... gee wizz ........... well bugger me, and I was soooooooo looking forward to the drive too. Now it looks like I've been consigned to the role of "back seat driver" .......... :(

Ha ha............... yea right. You just try to stop me taking the VR ............. :)

/toycar

CANDEE
03-03-2011, 11:10 PM
I'm going with you.......... ????????????

I didn't know that.......... gee wizz ........... well bugger me, and I was soooooooo looking forward to the drive too. Now it looks like I've been consigned to the role of "back seat driver" .......... :(

Ha ha............... yea right. You just try to stop me taking the VR ............. :)

/toycar

Get it right mate, meant you would be taking Jo.. lol

CANDEE
13-03-2011, 04:52 AM
Bumping this up guys. :)

Remember this will be a nice sunday cruise, Ness WILL be coming so partners/wifes/etc will be welcome. :)

J

kNuTz
21-03-2011, 01:54 AM
What time is it likely we will do this? Just with the daughter sleeping during the day need to figure out if the wife 'n' child are coming or not :)

CANDEE
21-03-2011, 04:06 AM
Hey Ray, we will be leaving BP at 9 am, will take most of the day as well. :)

CANDEE
23-03-2011, 11:04 PM

Looks like we will be having a few guys from the MR2 club coming along as well. :)

J

dixon8
24-03-2011, 02:17 AM

Looks like we will be having a few guys from the MR2 club coming along as well. :)

J

Guys (and girls maybe) to confirm later, they're keen to partake also /rally/megawoot

Oggie
24-03-2011, 02:36 AM
I soooo wanna goto this...

but with obligations on saturday/sunday and what not i am not gonna be able to make it.

CANDEE
26-03-2011, 08:44 AM
Ok guys,

Will see whoever is coming in the morning. :)

Will be leaving BP Melling at 9am, so if everyone could be there beforehand, expec if you need to fill up. :)

J

NightKiss
26-03-2011, 10:52 AM
I'm keen xD
But sadly enough im not going nowhere until i replace the overdrive solenoid in my leggy -.-

VR4 MAD
26-03-2011, 08:07 PM
OK guys it's 8am and this is still go. We are going to head over the hill at least to see what the weather is like on the Wairarapa side.

See those coming, see you at BP Melling for a 9am departure.

/toycar

Oggie
27-03-2011, 12:51 AM
dammit i love drivign in the rain... dam you rain man!!!! lol

VR4WGN
27-03-2011, 06:10 AM
Whatta Nice Surprise to see all you turn up at the shop,very much apreciated it.
hope all got home safe a nd well

DrDarkMatter
27-03-2011, 08:23 AM
thank you all, what a GREAT day, its always lovely to make and meet new friends! thank you for allowing me to drive my White MR2 T-top with you, great way to end a weekend, I hope we are all catch up again soon :dance:

low_vr4
27-03-2011, 08:28 AM
pictures/videos coming?

CANDEE
27-03-2011, 08:45 AM
thank you all, what a GREAT day, its always lovely to make and meet new friends! thank you for allowing me to drive my White MR2 T-top with you, great way to end a weekend, I hope we are all catch up again soon :dance:
No worries at all Nick. :) Was great to meet you and Colin. You guys are always welcome to come out with us. :)

CANDEE
27-03-2011, 09:08 AM
Heres a few pics from our little run today. :)

Firstly all the cars at the top of the Rimutuka's.

We then went out to Masterton, then out the back roads to Pongaroa(which is also the back way to Dannvirke/Napier).

Here are the people in question: Dixon(Dixon8), Linda(D's partner), Pierre(pbaron), Jo(Wynn's wife), Wynn(VR4 Mad), Nick(DrDarkMatter), Ness(my partner or cutiecivic), yours truely, and Colin

We dropped into Q's workshop on the way back after dropping into Woodville for cheesecake via the gorge and Nick displaying for the second time of the day why targa tops werent great today.. lol
All of the cars together:
Nick's Turbo SW20, Colin's 4age 20v hybrid Aw11, & Dixon's NA SW20

Me, Wynn, Pierre & a random car outside Q's shop

Had a good day out, was a bit wet at some stages, but the good company made up for that. :)

J

aboo
27-03-2011, 04:37 PM
Love the red Super. The mark 1 MR2 brings back a few memory's of my mates one from years ago.

VR4 MAD
28-03-2011, 11:17 AM
Ok just a couple of additional pictures from the CVR4 Wairarapa cruise on Sunday.................. ;)

The 'crew' about to head away into the 'back of beyond'................... and with my navigational skills there was a very real chance we may never have been seen again................. queue the music from the film 'Deliverance'.............. /woot

And having successfully reached Pongaroa, Pierre feels the need to bless my car to ward off local evil spirits before we return to the normal world again while Jeremy looks on amazed at proceedings...................... :rolleyes3

Having successfully survived a torrential downpour so heavy it was impossible to safely drive above about 50kmh we arrived at Q's workshop and we parked up for a chat.

After a while chatting it was time to hit the road again and so we said bye to Q and headed off.

From the feed back from all those who made the effort to get along, it seems everyone enjoyed themselves which was great. And we lost no one and I didn't get everyone lost this time either........... ;)

Thanks also to the MR2 guys who joined us, it was a pleasure to meet you and to have you along for the drive as well.

Cheers one and all.

And to those who didn't make it, you missed one hell of a good drive on some amazing and great back country roads as well as a huge amount of fun ............... :(

/toycar