PDA

View Full Version : Audi S4

karlous54
03-03-2011, 07:33 AM
The old lady drives a 2003 Audi S4, took it for a warrant today and came back failed as there is after market Bilstein adjustable suspension fitted to it.

Now the weird thing is that we have had it for over 2 years now, it must have been complied to come into NZ as its an import from singapore? Was sold to us by GT continental in Wellington, where it has got warrants before. Has also been to Audi in wellington for brake and suspension inspections and warrants which we never had any issuse's or ever told about the suspension.

Then we take it to a garage in Upper Hutt and they pick it up and fail it ??????

-Do we go back to the dealer
-Do we have a crack at who ever inspected it when it came into the country, ( is that VTNZ )

or do Audi's come with a factory option for bilstein (which i doubt )

cheers

Subaru ETA
03-03-2011, 08:14 AM
Did they say in what way it is adjustable? Did you have a look?

Or have they just seen bilstien on some standard shocks and got a hard on?

karlous54
03-03-2011, 08:35 AM
The suspension is height adjustable.

When we first got the car i had a good look under it and thought that it wasnt factory, but when it went for it WOF's no ever picked it up, so just presumed that either it was certed in some way when it was brought into the country or it was some sort of factory option.

Robotnik123
03-03-2011, 08:36 AM
Should be easy to see if they are adjustable, just look for the screw threaded spring perch nut or threaded shock body. If no threads then it won't be adjustable.

Subaru ETA
03-03-2011, 10:34 AM
If it was certed when it entered the country it would have a cert plate.

I would take it bake to GT continental and hit them up about it

Fully
03-03-2011, 10:59 AM
Why did it fail because no cert plate? or other issue?
I would take it back like Dave said, if that was the case and ask them to get a LVC for it.

Robotnik123
03-03-2011, 11:51 AM
Hey so how does the S4 compare to the VR-4? Back in the day I looked at the previous 2.7L litre twin turbo model, but wasn't that impressed and bought an E39 540i instead for the V8, and then a bit later a VR-4. Have often wondered about a V8 S4 however.

karlous54
03-03-2011, 07:15 PM
Why did it fail because no cert plate? or other issue?
I would take it back like Dave said, if that was the case and ask them to get a LVC for it.

Yeah it failed cause it didnt have the cert plate.

karlous54
03-03-2011, 07:41 PM
Hey so how does the S4 compare to the VR-4? Back in the day I looked at the previous 2.7L litre twin turbo model, but wasn't that impressed and bought an E39 540i instead for the V8, and then a bit later a VR-4. Have often wondered about a V8 S4 however.

Very Very nice car. Black heated recaro seats, great engine note. Gearbox is awesome, specially in S mode. Solar pannel sunroof for aircon and 258kw 4.2 v8. Goes good. Just a pain in the arse in filling it up all the time