PDA

View Full Version : For sale ads

e5dcb
08-03-2011, 05:28 AM
Just a quick one, why can`t anyone seem to post a propper car sale ad on here? lol.

Not being funny but they are shocking!! How on earth do people expect to sell a car with limited info and most of all NO pictures?
I see you have a template for people to fill out but seem they do this and thats it../duh

elnevio
08-03-2011, 08:40 AM
Yes, I know!

It is a bit /wall at times!

Humpty's Revenge
08-03-2011, 08:41 AM
Just a quick one, why can`t anyone seem to post a propper car sale ad on here? lol.

Not being funny but they are shocking!! How on earth do people expect to sell a car with limited info and most of all NO pictures?
I see you have a template for people to fill out but seem they do this and thats it../duh

Well Daz lets here your suggestions then?:thumbsup:

elnevio
08-03-2011, 08:44 AM
Thought he made plenty of good suggestions, without saying them! Good pictures, and a better description than just the bare minimum?

Humpty's Revenge
08-03-2011, 08:46 AM
Thought he made plenty of good suggestions, without saying them! Good pictures, and a better description than just the bare minimum?

Agreed Nev but he might have some good ideas? You never know :)

chris g
08-03-2011, 11:09 AM
Perhaps this info might be incorporated into our criteria for the sellers ads
Modified info from another site

INFORMATION FOR CAR SELLERS:
Please post an accurate and detailed description of the vehicle you are selling
Any images accurately represent the vehicle being sold
The vehicle must be owned by you ie: registered in your name
Your advert must include the following compulsory information:
Contact number and/or email address
The location of the vehicle (eg: London)

Please update the advert with SOLD when the car has been sold, and to who

Note:
Threads containing only Ebay links (or links to other sites) will be removed
Threads from sellers believed to be breaking vehicles not owned by them will be removed
Threads from sellers considered to be profiteering from CVR4 will be removed
Commercial adverts are not permitted, please contact ADMIN for more information on becoming a CVR4 Trader

INFORMATION FOR PARTS SELLERS:
Please post an accurate and detailed description of the part(s) you are selling, including which vehicle(s) it fits (if relevant)
Please ensure any images accurately represent the part being sold
Your advert must include the following compulsory information:
Contact number and/or email address
The location of the part/s (eg: London)

Note:
Threads containing only Ebay links (or links to other sites) will be removed
Threads from sellers believed to be breaking vehicles not owned by them will be removed
Threads from sellers considered to be profiteering from CVR4 will be removed
Commercial adverts are not permitted, please contact ADMIN for more information on becoming a CVR4 Trader
Please update the advert with SOLD when the part(s) have been sold, and to who.

INFORMATION FOR BUYERS:
All transactions (buying or selling) entered into via CVR4 with CVR4 members or registered users is entirely at your own risk.
CVR4 is unable to accept any responsibility for the accuracy of any advert or the reliability of the seller
CVR4 does not offer any guarantee regarding any "For Sale" or "Wanted" advert on the site, or any guarantee regarding any registered users or fully paid-up members.
If the member or registered user who has placed the advert is not known to you, is a new member, or you are a new member yourself, then we strongly recommend that you perform a "Search by User Name" to check out the Seller's past history before agreeing to buy something. This will not guarantee a trouble-free purchase but should assist you in making an informed decision about who to buy from or sell to.
CVR4 offers no official member rating system (and will not implement one) because it simply isn't possible for us to guarantee transactions made by members and /or users, and the existence of a rating system could be interpreted as a form of guarantee.
If you do have a problem with a transaction resulting from an advert on this site we will do our best to help you in any way we can, but it is important to note that our powers are limited and we mainly act just as mediation between the parties involved.

TAR
08-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Disagree with the end of this line.....'Please update the advert with SOLD when the car has been sold, and to who'' - its no ones business who buys cars or parts other than the buyer and seller

Disagree with this line.....'Threads from sellers considered to be profiteering from CVR4 will be removed' - the price asked for any car or item is solely the business of the seller. The price paid for car or part is soley the business of the buyer and no one else.

:happy:

chris g
08-03-2011, 01:43 PM
Well thats ok, disagree and make comments - helps community and committee to decide how to proceed

Details were take from another site and only editing was to insert CVR4 so..

Comment 1 - Yes leave out 'and to who' as intrusive

Comment 2 - Not certain about agreeing with you on this, instinct is to keep out profiteers who by definition are not helping the community or its reputation (CVR4 see as an expensive place to buy) but if a buyer wants to pay exorbitant amount then let them...

TAR
08-03-2011, 02:15 PM
Totally agree that not everyone will have the same view, we obviously differ on point 2. All my thoughts are offered with good will.

Comment 2 - Its going to be hard to police this as who decides that someone is profiteering and what criterion is set.

At present people post up a wanted add and the usual response is someone with the required item sending a PM to agree a price, this is not normally discolsed to the club in general. How do you know that the seller hasn't inflated the price depending on who is buying?

Also if someone puts up a for sale add, who has the right to tell them that they should drop their price....if they have something that someone wants/needs then its all about negotiation for the price. I still dont see that as a bad thing?

:happy:

chris g
08-03-2011, 02:27 PM
I did not say it was easy to police never mind difficulties in deciding this as a rule

I guess that as many prices are advertised buyers will be able to see the 'profiteers' and community may make comment about such sellers...

I agree that negotiation, a good thing, and personal preference are the main parts of buying items of your choice - who are we to interfere...?

But this rule is part of the list used elsewhere and I was not going to filter out the unwieldy or unfair rules, just bring them here for us to consider...

BraindG
08-03-2011, 05:07 PM
Phase 2 of V2 will see template driven adverts, with mandatory fields and requirements, this should in theory aid with Bad Adverts.

More comments and suggestions welcome!

e5dcb
12-03-2011, 06:49 PM
Well could do your template thats fine . service history . poss how long you have owned the car . any mods you have done to it over that time . a few pictures. engine. inside. outside. front. side. back. Thats really all you need. Ads with no pictures just seem abit pointless or "I will add pictures at the weekend" just wait till the weekend and pop an ad up. Im not trying to teach people how to suck eggs just if you put the effort into a good advert chances are it will sell.

Wobble
12-03-2011, 07:02 PM
end of the day if people want to sell there car then a good advert is needed ,

to me a half arsed advert indicates what sort of owner they have been .

Louis
13-03-2011, 01:33 PM
end of the day if people want to sell there car then a good advert is needed ,

to me a half arsed advert indicates what sort of owner they have been .

Totally agree!,