PDA

View Full Version : gizzmo ebc?

Wobble
11-03-2011, 11:47 PM
have done a search pulling up some very old threads about gizzmo ibc's.

has anybody got some recent experience of one of these?

apeman69
12-03-2011, 12:23 AM
Have a search on www.skylineowners.com
There seems to be many peeps using the newer MS-IBC model.
The general feeling I've got is that they do the job and can be a bit fiddly to set up if you don't RTFM and understand it!

Wobble
12-03-2011, 10:00 AM
thanks al ,am off to have a look.

VR4Kaos
12-03-2011, 10:14 AM
have a word with NJ Dave he used a top of the game one in his evo can't remember which one but he strongly recomeded it to me once Ben threw my mbc at my barnet i o0nly boiught the blitz duel as it was cheap and could be intalled for me as i nevr and still have no idea how to install it that said i am well happy with it

Wobble
12-03-2011, 10:55 AM
have been looking on skylineowners and mlr and very good things have been said about these. now to decide the which model i think.

the prices are very good for these aswell compaired to blitz ,greddy and apexi controllers ,second hand blitz dsbc's sell at about the same price as a new Gizzmo mibc

hmmmmmmm think i may treat myself as am having a load of work done anyway.

VR4Kaos
12-03-2011, 10:58 AM
gofa it Dave it a devil big bhp at birmingham /rally woop woop :dance:
/secret :book: oh but don't let the mrs drive it once installed /haz

chris g
12-03-2011, 02:32 PM
Is it GIZMO that are popular on MLR...?

Wobble
12-03-2011, 04:18 PM
Gizzmo ms ibc that im interested in. yeah by the looks of it the mlr do highly approve

Gly
12-03-2011, 09:04 PM
ive got the gizzmo ibc, very easy to setup and use,

ive tried the ms-ibc, and yeh ****en hard to get setup,
imo the manual sucked, not for the faint hearted, lol.. gave up on it in the end.

theres also a newer ms2, which has a few new added features, dont know about it

GroundControl
14-03-2011, 05:18 AM
I've had an MS-IBC for the last few years.

It is a bit tricky to set up (you really need the manual to know what's going on as there are quite a few screens of functions and all you've got is two buttons and 3 digits of 7-segment display) but once it's set it seems to work well for me. It's got 6 boost setting memories, but I only use one, and I'm not using any of the more advanced features of it (multi-mode press button "scramble" stuff...)

Adam.Findlay
14-03-2011, 12:01 PM
i had the old ibc in my legnum, it did spike quite bad regardless of setup, but it did the trick. if you have a flashable ecu its better to retune the stock solenoid. thats what i have done and it works fine

Wobble
14-03-2011, 06:27 PM
Gizzmo ms-ibc ordered after a load of research. thanks for your words, will let you what happens when we set it up on sunday.

apeman69
14-03-2011, 06:44 PM
I quite like the look of the HDI ones: basic and simple to set up, just like a MBC, good price: not that I'm going to buy one though!
Good luck with your Gizzmo dude :)