PDA

View Full Version : need a fifth gear! help!

thfelipeth
16-03-2011, 05:40 AM
hi guys, my car is at the gearbox factory at the moment and they have found a few things wrong with it. including the common bearings which are stuffed.. folks? are bents and a few things need machining. all of the above is 99% sorted to go ahead.. but theres 2 teeth missing on 5th gear and needs a new one.. they tell me they usually get them from japan (around 500 bucks ouch!!) but due to the tsunami they are looking at wreckers yards.. otherwise around 4 weeks due to the current events.. so i need some help sorting either another gear or an optional gear set would be good too.. if it means a longer 5th would be great for long trips..
any help regarding this would be awesome! they are calling me tomorrow if they themselves find something... thanks again!

taylor
16-03-2011, 09:45 AM
i have 5th gears and syncros, but they are in chch and i am currently living in auckland, also have the part numbers for the bearings written down somewhere

lathiat
16-03-2011, 03:06 PM
Note there is a thread around here somewhere about using evo gearbox 5th gears.. might be easier to obtain.

thfelipeth
17-03-2011, 04:50 AM
thanks guys for replying! kenneth quickly replied and sorted me out with a fifth gear! i might grab the bearings part number.. to see if i can find them myself.. otherwise thanks alot guys! shows how usefull this site is. took about half an hour to find it lol. thanks again