PDA

View Full Version : I am new member

Hening
10-10-2004, 06:56 AM
Hello... I am new member from Indonesia, I am looking for 1999 Galant VR4 headlights and front grille. Does anybody have information about body parts shop in UK or Singapore maybe? because I could not find locally. :rolleyes5

Hening

calum
10-10-2004, 11:25 AM
there is a vr4 club in singapore who have some heavily modified cars. Might be worth looking them up?

I think some of the owners come on here - try searching for 'singapore'.

Calum

wirdy
10-10-2004, 09:11 PM
I am looking for 1999 Galant VR4 headlights and front grille.
Hening
Welcome to the club ;)

You'll have to join the queue for those items though - there aren't many on the second hand market, possibly due to most breakers being shunted cars and these are the first items to be damaged. :(

Hening
14-10-2004, 11:10 AM
Thanks for reply, actually I just had accident, my car is 2wd V6 24v 2.5L that uses vr4 front, rear lights and bumper (sheep in the wolf skin :D ). As vr4 doesn't available in my country, I want to convert my car into real vr4 by swapping the engine, transmission and 4wd system. Question: Does anybody has experience with 4wd convertion?

Current modification are BMC CDA filter, Cyl head ported & polished, Autronic SM2, Autronic CDI R500, Walbro 255lph f pump,StopTech Big brake kit

Cheers

Marcel
14-10-2004, 02:09 PM
:rolleyes5 :rolleyes5 Seems like i found myself a companion. I will receive my vr4 in the end of this month, but i have to convert it to a LHD car. Two crazys :D Isnt it a little hard to find the 4wd and all the required parts and think your v6-24 body will need some serious work to complete that. Is the v6-24 LHD or RHD ? if u are trying to fit the engine and 4wd onto a lhd car then good luck :-D , because some craziest carbuilders in scandinavian countries had a look at my car(v6-24 LHD) and said its almost impossible, because you need to heavily modify the back part of v6 body.

But if anyone is interested in LHD VR4, then maybe after mine is finished we can think about it.

But everything is possible, so keep up the good work!

Markel

Kieran
14-10-2004, 06:16 PM
Hmmmm..... All this talk of bunging a VR-4 motor in a V6........ Mmmmm - I'm keeping my eyes on this thread!!! :D

Wonder if the UK-Spec gearbox would mate up to the VR-4 engine? :rolleyes5 :$ :lipsrseal

Hening
15-10-2004, 06:47 AM
Marcel,
mine is RHD, the vr-4 v6 engine and transmission (w/o prop shaft) should plug in to v6-24 engine compartment since the eng block is same. Yes you're right the biggest job is fitting (and finding) the 4wd components. I asked junk yards in Malaysia and Singapore for half cut but no answer yet. Just hoping maybe we have forum member from Japan who could help me to find the parts.

Spirit
15-10-2004, 07:24 AM
If it helps try getting in contact with a guy called Popo in Japan - here is his website:

http://www8.cds.ne.jp/~tyoshi/car/index.html

He has helped me before so worth a try ;)

Hening
15-10-2004, 03:37 PM
Thanks Spirit979... :thumbsup:

I was just sending letter to Popo in Japan.

cheers