PDA

View Full Version : I just bought something unusual for a legnum

Humpty's Revenge
17-03-2011, 09:39 AM
As title, not seen many of these carbon fibre number plate surrounds, so I thought I would have to buy it!

What you think?

sy666
17-03-2011, 09:46 AM
love it, would it fit pfl? Where you get it from? I WANT ONE!!!!!!!

Humpty's Revenge
17-03-2011, 09:55 AM
love it, would it fit pfl? Where you get it from? I WANT ONE!!!!!!!

Thanks Si, yes mate it would fit a pfl & it appeared on Ebay at the weekend. They are pretty rare items as Ive only ever seen one other cf one plus you don`t see many painted ones either.

VR4Kaos
17-03-2011, 10:12 AM
cool mate like it will go with your bonett very well was it expencive Steve ?
"times like this is when we need Peter" send it to him he could make a mold and set up another group buy but doubt he will do it now but ya never know pm him Steve see what he thinks because he will be selling items on ebay

The Vee
17-03-2011, 11:54 AM
Never seen that before - pics when fitted please:)

Humpty's Revenge
17-03-2011, 12:07 PM
Never seen that before - pics when fitted please:)

Sure will bud! Hopefully should receive it this weekend fingers crossed.

Louis
17-03-2011, 12:46 PM
I have seen painted ones on a couple of cars on here before, the carbon is nice.

aboo
17-03-2011, 06:06 PM
Fluffniks old Legnum had a painted one on it. Now belongs to evil edna & they do look good.

alan
17-03-2011, 06:28 PM
that looks brilliant,how on earth do you find these things?

Davezj
17-03-2011, 06:45 PM
i take it that goes on the back.
i thought about buying that steve but it was the carbon fibre that put me off, i am not a fan of carbon fibre. but if you carbon on you car already i think it will look very good.

i think davcom1 has te same bit sprayed silver on his car, it looks good. you look at the back of the car and initially you can't put your finger on it but something is different, then is dawns on you what it is. just that little bit different. but it would be a bit more obvious in carbon.

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=383

fluffnik
17-03-2011, 07:02 PM
Fluffniks old Legnum had a painted one on it. Now belongs to evil edna & they do look good.

/yes

Spirit
17-03-2011, 07:18 PM
Looks good Steve, look forward to seeing the pics :2thumbsup

Gly
17-03-2011, 07:47 PM
had one for ages, i see a few around every now again, mostly painted though,

btw double sided trim tape at the edges by the lights isnt good enough, you'll need to use silicone glue stuff.

Humpty's Revenge
17-03-2011, 09:34 PM
I have seen painted ones on a couple of cars on here before, the carbon is nice.

Cheers Louis hopefully will go with a darker coloured car.

Just seen it Andy, does look good on a red one

that looks brilliant,how on earth do you find these things?

Cheers Alan, right time right place I think.

i take it that goes on the back.
i thought about buying that steve but it was the carbon fibre that put me off, i am not a fan of carbon fibre. but if you carbon on you car already i think it will look very good.

i think davcom1 has te same bit sprayed silver on his car, it looks good. you look at the back of the car and initially you can't put your finger on it but something is different, then is dawns on you what it is. just that little bit different. but it would be a bit more obvious in carbon.

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=383

I thought someone else would of clocked it & to be honest I thought they might of bought it on a buy it now, I just made an offer. Goes well with the bonnet, dash & the 3 gauge pod holder.

/yes

That does look really nice on a red car

Looks good Steve, look forward to seeing the pics :2thumbsup

Thankies Pete, yep will post up some pickies when fitted

had one for ages, i see a few around every now again, mostly painted though,

btw double sided trim tape at the edges by the lights isnt good enough, you'll need to use silicone glue stuff.

Thanks for the heads up Carsten but does`nt just held on by the number plate fixing screws?

adaxo
18-03-2011, 12:44 AM
Can i ask, is this a real carbon fibre or just carbon look, like some of dash surrounds in our mitsis?

Gly
18-03-2011, 06:22 AM
its not real, well mine isnt,
its plastic with a silver cf print like the ralli-art dash

and no the number plate screws arnt enough,
as the plastic is quite flexible you need something to hold it to lights,
and theres not enough surface area at the outer edges were the lights are to use trim tape

Erni902
19-03-2011, 06:52 PM
Had one of these on the car when I bought it but im not a fan of CF and it was damaged so I removed it. They do look quite good if twinned with a CF bonnet though

Humpty's Revenge
25-03-2011, 03:44 PM
This is more rarer now due to the heavy handedness of DHL..........:unbeleeva

alan
25-03-2011, 04:12 PM
Nooooo !

The Vee
26-03-2011, 02:06 PM
That is really annoying with these delivery companies. Had the same happen to me when I found some bumper tags had been snapped off. Grrrr

SexyCrayola
16-04-2011, 08:48 AM
This is more rarer now due to the heavy handedness of DHL..........:unbeleeva

The last time I had something through DHL, it sat rolling around the back of a van for a week after it was supposed to be delivered. Funny enough, that was a car part too. Was it well packed? I really like that piece, matches my dash trim and be nice on a black car, but is a Galant not Legnum this time. I suppose that crack is nothing you can hide easy either :(