PDA

View Full Version : The Pod Day

The Vee
10-10-2004, 07:50 PM
Another really enjoyable day with Club VR4. Thanks go to Nick for for his skills in getting all this organised.
We have had a "breakthrough" but I'll leave the proud owner to anounce this !!
Members came from far and wide but the furthest travelled to the event must be Snowbird - and very welcome he was too.
While the VR4's continue the battle for sub 13's - seems a new battle for sub 16's is emerging (v6-24's) We were very close K, but not close enough.
THanks for a great day out everybody - I'll leave you with a couple of pics or three.

1. suspicious charactors - mine's still complete, what about yours? :D :laugh:
2. Basking in the heat :lipsrseal
3. Lining up for the sprint

Kieran
10-10-2004, 09:37 PM
Another really enjoyable day with Club VR4. Thanks go to Nick for for his skills in getting all this organised.
We have had a "breakthrough" but I'll leave the proud owner to anounce this !!
Members came from far and wide but the furthest travelled to the event must be Snowbird - and very welcome he was too.
While the VR4's continue the battle for sub 13's - seems a new battle for sub 16's is emerging (v6-24's) We were very close K, but not close enough.

Phew! Yes, another excellent day for the Club, and a good night on Saturday too :) . Thanks to Nick for sorting it all out, Vicky for the oh-so-scrummy chocolate brownies, Snowbird for coming all the way from Russia and to everyone else for being there and making it yet another enjoyable day out!

We have indeed had a breakthrough! :-b I'll leave that for the proud owner to announce! ;) And one of our lot gave us all a real big laugh! :laugh:

And yes.... You VR-4 lot have your 13 second target to beat, us V6-24/V6 Sport owners have our own target, as Andy says! Sub 16 Seconds!!!:-D It's possible in standard form, I'm sure, if only there was 100% grip from go! :$

enigma
10-10-2004, 09:56 PM
Hear hear! A great day out, and for a change my car didn't break......well nearly! It wasn't running right on the way down last night and my first 3 runs were without a fully functioning MAF!!! 13.514 was my first time and this proved hard for me to beat........fluffing the starts, forgetting the nitrous, forgetting to change gear, the auto box not working well after resetting the ECU.........but with the aid of some VERY BIG nitrous jets (as instructed by Ross) I did crack a 13.245 at the death with a speed of 101.3mph.

This did not save me from being naked though! :lipsrseal

Who is going to post the pics???!!! :laugh:

Nick Mann
10-10-2004, 10:08 PM
On the whole a good day. It may have been cold and windy, but it was dry!!

Cracking turn out, thank you to all who attended.

There are some pics, but I think maybe we need a restricted area to post some of them? :$

RED
10-10-2004, 10:22 PM
Great to meet you all at last and thanks for the warm reception :bighug: Next time I think Grandma will have to be buttered up to have Em :baby: so we can get there abit earlier and have more of a chance to speak to you all more. We hadn't even got out on the open road and she was snoring in the back :-D too much excitement. Thanks to Nicks daughter for the free baby sitting :thumbsup: and the big disappointment of the day was nipping off for my hundreth wee and missing Dave in his G-string!!!!! :Eek1: :scared1: and that's all I went for :-D :-D hopefully Marcus has his on the road for the next one or I can see my car going down the strip wether I like it or not :nono:

Cheers guys
Jane and Marcus :)

Wodjno
10-10-2004, 11:09 PM
Yes a great day indeedy .. And last night weren't tooo bad either.. Brrrrrrp !!
Nice to put a few more faces to the names although i didn't get to speak to everyone so now have some names from the site and some faces from the pod which now have to match up .. BIGBIGSORRY to Pezza who as always greeted me with that big freindly smile of his only for me to have my driver door whipped out of my hand by the wind and slammed into the passenger side door of Pezza's car .. :sick: :sad3: And do you know what his reply was ..??? A big smile and i'm sure it will polish out ..:wow: I applaud your reaction to this Pezza but i'm sure you were thinking something else .. Again i'm very sorry and i hope that it does polish out .. : :$ A sorry also goes out to Polabear and Nick Mann.. Your cheques are being written as you read this post .. And thanks to BDA for the loan of some cash as Numbnuts forgot to bring any cash with him .. :wall: Not the only thing i forgot ..

1 .. Licence
2 .. Money
3 .. To put some fuel in my tank .. :lipsrseal :p
4 .. And .... errr ... ummm... Sorry I forgot again !!

Anyway still a great day and eve and look forward to the next 1 ..

Congrats to Derek for his sub 13sec .. And my thoughts are with Dave for loosing his title .. (and his pants :laugh: )

Maybe we should have little trophy of some sort to mount on the dash of the current title holder and then if and when the title goes to another member the trophy is then presented to the new holder .. Umm ... Just a thought .. :dozey:

Spirit
10-10-2004, 11:10 PM
Just got in the door 20 minutes ago after a long slog home. Fuel stop, burger stop and an unarranged panic stop when Polabears engine management light came on totalled 5hrs 45mins from stand to home :( .

As always was worth the effort, good to meet some new faces and apologies to anyone we missed due to being in various long queues during the day.

Good to see the "breakthrough" was achieved at last :-b

Also good to see Andy and Kieran performing well for the V6-24 clan ;)

Have some pics and video footage to post up but that may have to wait for now as bed is calling......bet Andy is there long ago after being up for over 24hrs.....lol, the things we do for our passion :laugh:

nick-f1
11-10-2004, 09:20 AM
Hi All just echoing the sentiments of all the above really. It was a great weekend and good to meet everyone again and a few new faces as well. Thanks to Nick Mann to organising this weekend and Vicky for the scrummy brownies. Also on behalf of Konstantin (snowbird) I would like to say thank you for all of who made him feel welcome, he thoroughly enjoyed his weekend Jap Show, but was really blown away by the Top Fuel dragster and Jet car! They have nothing like this in Russia...... You should have seen the large grin on his face in the stands when they ran!
A great weekend ...... will hopefully post some pics later, but I think some of an event in the carpark should carry a government health warning :laugh: :rolleyes5 Oops sorry Dave :lipsrseal Congrats to Derek too! And to Nigel ( wirdy) your flamers are cool!!!!!! :-b They must have been 3 feet long!!!!! :rolleyes5

Cheers

Nick, Pauline & Konstantin

pezza
11-10-2004, 11:07 AM
Mawnin All...

What a day....

Altho coldish and windy really enjoyed meeting everybody again and seeing
all the cars racing up the track. I decided not to put the car through its paces this year but maybe will try next year :D

WODJ no worries about the door, its just one of those things, had it not been another galant marking my paint work... :gun1: :-b . But seriously, a bit of treatment it will fix.

I may have a few pix to post and so I will put those up in due course....

Did anyone count the number of scoobys and skylines... shortly followed by MR2s and celicas there were? scary!!

Hope everyone had a great day too and got home ok, despite the loooong static queue during the attempted mass exodus!

THanks again NickM for organising this and the brownies! Hope your Mrs and yourself are feeling 100% today..

Cheers

Pezzz

SGHOM
11-10-2004, 08:35 PM
Where are all the pod vid's ?? where are all the photo's ??? :rolleyes5 :lipsrseal
where's Daves photo shoot ???? :$ :$

The Vee
11-10-2004, 09:20 PM
Where are all the pod vid's ?? where are all the photo's ??? :rolleyes5 :lipsrseal
where's Daves photo shoot ???? :$ :$

Here's a few more

1 More arrivals
2 An early arrival
3 The Mighty V6-24's !!
4 another version - very nice too
5 Guess who's !!

nick-f1
11-10-2004, 09:37 PM
Good pix Andy, but not sure about those suspicious characters tho :laugh: " wot me gov? Naah It was that other geezer! :rolleyes5 :$

The Vee
11-10-2004, 09:39 PM
:lolz:

HJM
11-10-2004, 09:43 PM
Looks like you all had a great day - well done Derek for the 'breakthrough' - the silver ones are obviously just faster :laugh:

We are really gutted that we missed it :( Although we had a great weekend in Devon - less cars but probably more booze :rolleyes5

So, where are the pictures of Dave in his undercrackers and what was his time :lipsrseal :$ :laugh:

Cheers,

Jane

nick-f1
11-10-2004, 09:57 PM
but probably more booze :rolleyes5

Cheers,

Jane

Hi Jane/ Heath I would not be so sure about that. A few of the lads were still propping up the bar at 1 am! Errmmmmm .......................myself included :$ :lipsrseal
And we were out in the car park at 7 am ready to leave :dozey:

HJM
11-10-2004, 10:11 PM
Hi Jane/ Heath I would not be so sure about that. A few of the lads were still propping up the bar at 1 am! Errmmmmm .......................myself included :$ :lipsrseal

Hi Nick

Not wishing to turn this into a competition but ................. the hotel bar ran out of Bitter on the second night and Heath was too hungover to go Karting on Saturday afternoon :lipsrseal :rolleyes5

Still, glad you all had good time :-b

Jane

wirdy
11-10-2004, 10:15 PM

Please pass on my thanks to Wodjno's missus for shaming him to bed at 1am ;) and making the rest of us realise it was time to hit the sack for an early start :-D

Nice to put some new faces to old names ;)

The Vee
11-10-2004, 10:18 PM
Oh Wodj - What's all this then :D :-D

Wodjno
11-10-2004, 10:29 PM
Oh Wodj - What's all this then :D :-D

Not Know What Ones Refering To .. :rolleyes: :lipsrseal :scelp: :arse: :whip: :screwu:

SGHOM
11-10-2004, 10:32 PM
I was his moral, & physical supprt for the night !!

If I had moved from his close proximity, he'd have fallen off that stool !! :lipsrseal :$ :beerbang: :beerbang:

Wodjno
11-10-2004, 10:37 PM
[QUOTE=interlec]I was his moral, & physical supprt for the night !!

If I had moved from his close proximity, he'd have fallen off that stool !! :lipsrseal :$ :beerbang: :beerbang

Derek .. The only reason you didn't move from my side is cos you weren't sure if you could stand yourself .. And thats only after 5-6 pints of Gnats Pi$$ (Carling) .. :p :lipsrseal :toilet: :beerbang:

Bal
12-10-2004, 10:15 PM
apologies to all for not really being about that day, having been up at 5am to get to the ibis and then having to park in the grass area i was generally cold and tired, as were my mates.

we came over in the morning to find u all but only a few were about, thanks dave for letting me jump in front of you and nice to meet Kieran and Interlec.

i did come back to the paddock but noone was about and then i dashed off at 12pm ... had a long bit of driving to do.

hopefully will make a better show of it next time.

B

nick-f1
12-10-2004, 10:19 PM
i did come back to the paddock but noone was about and then i dashed off at 12pm ... had a long bit of driving to do.

B

Sorry to have missed you Bal, catch you next time.

Big Ian
22-10-2004, 08:46 PM
V6-24= sub 16's......HHMmmmmmmmm i'll ave to get myself to a pod meet in the future,i'm sure i could have a few non turbo V6's sweatin :evil2:

look's like you all enjoy'd the event,so who won the sweat shirt?

Spirit
22-10-2004, 08:51 PM
V6-24= sub 16's......HHMmmmmmmmm i'll ave to get myself to a pod meet in the future,i'm sure i could have a few non turbo V6's sweatin :evil2:

It was ColV6sport but he has yet to contact me to confirm his size :dozey:

The Vee
22-10-2004, 11:05 PM

First one of these I'd been to and it was good fun. Bring on the GLS - I can see Kieran loading his Guns on both flanks !!
like to see your car - looks a cracker in your pix

Kieran
22-10-2004, 11:30 PM

I think you would easily do that Ian.... Especially the automatic V6s..... That ain't your usual GLS! :bow:

Big Ian
23-10-2004, 09:28 AM
when's the first "POD MEET" in 2005?.. :|

Spirit
23-10-2004, 10:00 AM
The first Jap event is likely to be Japshow on June 19th but there are already some RWYB days listed for early 2005 as below (if the club wanted to arrange an pre-season event):

Sun 23 Jan "RWYB" Run What Ya Brung - Public Track Day http://www.rwyb.com
Sun 6 Feb "RWYB" Run What Ya Brung - Public Track Day http://www.rwyb.com
Sun 20 Feb "RWYB" Run What Ya Brung - Public Track Day http://www.rwyb.com
Sun 27 Feb "RWYB" Run What Ya Brung - Public Track Day http://www.rwyb.com
Sun 13 Mar "RWYB" Run What Ya Brung - Public Track Day http://www.rwyb.com

Snowbird
23-10-2004, 09:23 PM
My portion of pictures is here:
http://legnum.zamkov.com/santapod/
Sorry for a delay! :o)

Wodjno
23-10-2004, 09:49 PM
My portion of pictures is here:
http://legnum.zamkov.com/santapod/
Sorry for a delay! :o)

Absolutely wicked pics .. And if there ain't a Pic there that's worthy of a place on the 2005 Club Vr4 Calender .. Then I Will " EAT MY LEGNUM " Thats as long as your a fully paid up member Snowbird .. ?? :D :-b :p ;)

The Vee
23-10-2004, 10:31 PM
Fantastic pictures. well done Snowbird - glad you enjoyed your day

Snowbird
24-10-2004, 09:42 AM
Absolutely wicked pics .. And if there ain't a Pic there that's worthy of a place on the 2005 Club Vr4 Calender .. Then I Will " EAT MY LEGNUM " Thats as long as your a fully paid up member Snowbird .. ?? :D :-b :p ;)
Last shot is good enough to be on the calendar! :laugh:

nick-f1
24-10-2004, 04:36 PM
Great pics Kostya! Dont forget to keep in touch, we really enjoyed your company, was a great day :-D

Regards

Nick, Pauline, Lauren & Ross.

colVR4
26-10-2004, 05:12 PM
I have now claimed my prize....I than' yuw :-)

I would like to thank the guys that I saw for the warm welcome that I got at the Pod. I am sorry that I couldn't have stuck around for longer but I had to get off back home to meet Nicola. She was going on about not having seen me for a week and she wasn't going to see me for another two wekks..blah...blah...blah...you know what its like !!

I am glad that I didn't win the other prize that Keiran had in mind for me after looking at my engine bay :rolleyes5

Next time I shall have to have a go at the sub 16s that has been set for the V6 sport. I am sure that we can get it nearer to the 15s judging from the runs I have had on my 'private test track'. I will have to start work on the mods.

Thanks again guys for making me feel welcome on the day. I will get the photos and videos uploaded as soon as possible.

SGHOM
28-10-2004, 07:01 PM
Nearly 3 weeks on & still no pod video's ??
come on you guy's......................... someone must have footage of something ?? :rolleyes5

Spirit
28-10-2004, 10:22 PM
I have a little, but not had time to edit them nor have any room to host them at the moment :sad3:

enigma
28-10-2004, 10:26 PM
hosting is my problem too.....although I have lots of footage of my car going quick! :D

Spirit
28-10-2004, 10:34 PM
Just added an idea to the committee list for 2005 ;)

SGHOM
09-11-2004, 01:00 AM
we're on !! well......................... sort of ! :$
Terry, me & our trade stand, for what it's worth !