PDA

View Full Version : Evo respect!

enigma
11-10-2004, 01:34 PM
Check it out!

EVOs (http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=550401#post550401)

nick-f1
11-10-2004, 07:29 PM
Good one Dave, but there were three manuals....... Pola's , Wirdys and mine! :-D

Dan_G
12-10-2004, 11:40 AM
So, how rare are manual VR4's?

I was reading a advert selling a manual VR4 Leg on Autotrader and the guy claimed that it was one of only 100 ever made...

Not sure I believe that.....

I also then tried Mitsubishi for production numbers, but they fobbed me off..

:(

Dan

Jimbo
12-10-2004, 09:36 PM
I'm no authority on this, but that number of 100 manuals sounds about right if we're talking UK only, but then again it might still be quite high just for that.

VR4's are mighty rare. My uncle has worked traffic police for West Mercia since the mid-80s and he's a real joker as well, to the point that one day he played a trick on my mum getting the full readout from the control about her registration and history. Well I remembered this recently when I was wondering if I could get him to find out how many VR4's there are in the UK. You know, nothing dodgy, but just a total number. Dunno about the rest of you, but I'm rather curious......

Polabear
13-10-2004, 09:56 AM
I'm no authority on this, but that number of 100 manuals sounds about right if we're talking UK only, but then again it might still be quite high just for that.

VR4's are mighty rare. My uncle has worked traffic police for West Mercia since the mid-80s and he's a real joker as well, to the point that one day he played a trick on my mum getting the full readout from the control about her registration and history. Well I remembered this recently when I was wondering if I could get him to find out how many VR4's there are in the UK. You know, nothing dodgy, but just a total number. Dunno about the rest of you, but I'm rather curious......

Being one of the manual owners I would also be interested... ;)

_simon_
13-10-2004, 10:59 AM
There are heaps of VR-4s in NZ. Nearly every 2nd car/wagon is one :)
I had to get an auto because my girlfriend can't drive a manual :( and when I was shopping for it, I'd say over 50% of the ones available were manuals. I guess 95% of the manuals must end up in NZ.

Lurch
13-10-2004, 12:17 PM
Thought there werent many around down here, so bought one. Next thing I know there are hundreds driving around. Although not alot of people really understand what the VR-4 badge stands for when your driving around which is still a good thing ;)

The good thing about NZ is we get alot of cheap imports across from Japan, try getting a VR-4 in Aussie ;)

chris g
13-10-2004, 06:01 PM
I think they have quite a lot of 6g VR-4 in Oz but few 8g, or at least that's how it seems looking around clubvr4.org

Lurch
14-10-2004, 01:40 PM
Yep, stuck in a time warp alittle when it comes to jap cars. :( It's why I havent moved across to Melbourne, Aussie ;)

Maybe I should better money/lifestyle ... but no VR-4 :(