PDA

View Full Version : LPG conversion of VR4

Klavs
11-10-2004, 01:51 PM
Has anyone got any knowledge to share around converting a VR4 Legnum to run on gas as well as petrol?

I called a conversion garage, but they are unable to provide a fixed price because they have not seen the VR4 before. They have converted lots of high performing engines with good results though.

Il Dottore
11-10-2004, 02:32 PM
I may be wrong here, but isn't it impossible to do forced induction engines at the moment?

Phil.

Roadrunner
11-10-2004, 02:48 PM
rikward did some research on this recently - see these posts for comment and recommendation:

here (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5458) and

here (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5562)

rikward
11-10-2004, 05:07 PM
Thanks to H7 for pointing you in the direction of my other threads.

Further to the information I did provide, I missed something out. Should you choose Greenfuels to get the work done for you, they offer a 12 month no questions asked warrenty. This can be extended at £75.00 per annum (I think). However, the chaps at Greenfuel were very keen to stress, that of the 250 or so registered converters around the country, they only use 35. Simply they use the best engineers and the best products on the market. Hence their cost is more than most. I mentioned that Greenfuels would charge just over £2000 for the conversion, but I have seen a price for as little as £900. But I am a firm believer that you have to pay for quality! Perhaps I should also have mentioned that Greenfuels have a 100% success record.

I am still considering the conversion, but I want to see more evidence that the motors used like those in the VR-4 do not over heat.

Nick Mann
11-10-2004, 10:31 PM
Would £900 be a single point injection? That's a good price!

I heard rumours when I was looking into it that turbo'd engines don't like lpg. I never understood the reasoning, though.

rikward
12-10-2004, 09:16 AM
The £900.00 was for a single point sytem.

Again I should have mentioned, the the £2000.00 I was quoted was for a more efficient multi point system. Apparently this resolves a few of the rumoured problems with tubos.