PDA

View Full Version : rolling road results

gallvr4
26-03-2011, 10:25 PM
hi all......had the car on the rollers on friday and wanted to post up results here for everyone's opinion
only getting 0.5-0.65 bar of boost and seem to be overfueling above 5000 rpm.
i must have a boost leak somewhere (i think)to explain low boost level,so the search is on
not sure what would cause the overfueling
lamba reading are 0.61...martin(the tester) taught it should be round0.80
any info/suggestions/help greatfully recived!
thanks
brendan

Davezj
26-03-2011, 10:32 PM
they stopped the run very early at 5000rpm why did they not show it above that as it can be equally interesting to know what happens at the top end of the rev range.

gallvr4
26-03-2011, 10:40 PM
they stopped the run very early at 5000rpm why did they not show it above that as it can be equally interesting to know what happens at the top end of the rev range.

i'm not sure as this is my frist time with it at the rollers......taught it was the norm TBH!!!!...
should he have went all the way to the red line????

miller
26-03-2011, 10:43 PM
by the looks of it is there the usual fudge factor to add to that, not as much as an auto bearing in mind its conversion to manual.

gallvr4
27-03-2011, 02:00 PM
by the looks of it is there the usual fudge factor to add to that, not as much as an auto bearing in mind its conversion to manual.

think the fudge factor is already in there mike.....

gallvr4
28-03-2011, 09:01 PM
all boost pipes out,from intercooler to turbo's.....inspection starts tomorrow.replaceing as many vacumn pipes as i can aswell!!!!!!

hopeing to find something!!!

gallvr4
10-04-2011, 09:02 PM
all boost pipes out this weekend again(from turbo's thru to intercooler and on to intake manfoild),no damage or splits in any pipes to be found.

had throttle body off and replaced as many vacume pipes as i could see/find and replaced the little o'ring in the idel control screw as it was leaking aswell.

but i am still only makeing .5-.6 bar of boost.............!!!!!!!!!!!

the next step i am thinking is the MAF sencor is faulty....but i am not sure THB!

is there any way of checking this off the car???

thanks

brendan

VR457
11-04-2011, 08:47 PM
Have you tried replacing the jubilee clips with Mikalor clamps?

Mark 4
11-04-2011, 08:54 PM
What boost controller are you using Brendan ?

Shtiv
12-04-2011, 01:59 PM
To me the graph reads 0.8 bar but 0.5 bar is wastegate pressure, so do you have a boost controller or just the factory solenoid? Anyway, assuming it's 0.5-0.6 if you have the factory solenoid you probably have no restrictor in the pipe between the high pressure pipe just prior to the throttle body and the tee to the solenoid.

It's very consistent flat line boost so I'm going with that (Or a leak, do a smoke test, you'll soon find any leaks).

Shtiv
12-04-2011, 02:00 PM
PS I run dyno power runs from 2000-6800RPM in these.

gallvr4
12-04-2011, 03:19 PM
hey guys........thanks for all the tip's and advice on this.but the good news is that i have it sorted.(famous last words)
i have an apexi AVCR EBC fitted to the car and the setting in the duty cycle for each gear were 1st gear-30%,2nd-29%,3rd-20%,4th-14%,5th-6%.
after talking to martin(rolling road guy),he adviesd to change all to 0% and see if there is any imporvement.....getting 0.9-1.0 bar in all gears according to the wee guage....
but getting boost cut now.
so put all to 5% and running way better and getting full boost in all gears..... with no boost cut...happy days/woot2/woot2
waiting on a fuel controller (apexi S-AFCII)to arrive in the post and will be fitting that this weekend,then up to the rolling road for a tune up and setting it properly instead of a few blastes down the back roads/Steeringw
so hopefully will be good news from here on!!!!!!!!
just on a side note,if i knew it was just a setting in the controller i would have never have stripped all boost pipes and checked them.but very glad i did because i found at lease 5-6 vaccum pipes passed it/leaking as this was a great learning curve for me and will have no fear in doing it again.

again thanks for all the help/advise/tips guys:thumbsup::thumbsup:

brendan

Mark 4
12-04-2011, 03:27 PM
Glad you got it sorted Brendan.

and learnt a bit in the process, that's a double whammy.