PDA

View Full Version : eibach springs

h6tls
11-10-2004, 11:06 PM
just finished fitting eibach -30mm springs . Job made easy with braindG's article in the members area, again well worth the membership fee.

Job took about 2h then A further hour to change rear pads + put back in BDA de cat (taken out for mot).

very happy with the height, really closed up the space between tyre + arch.

Spirit
11-10-2004, 11:50 PM
I thought I checked Eibach and they only did V6-24 springs not VR4 ones ?

h6tls
12-10-2004, 09:52 PM
phoned "motorsport world " and asked if they did eibach springs for vr4. The guy phoned eibach to find out, they said they did and would be 2-3 week wait which turned into 5 weeks . Invoice said" galant vr6 "??Anyway no problems with fitting .

Spirit
12-10-2004, 10:47 PM
I would assume they fit no issues but are they the correct strength etc for the VR4 ? I only ask as people like Bilstein (who I have ordered mine from) list different springs for the VR4 and the V6-24, there must be a reason ?

h6tls
13-10-2004, 09:20 PM
when ordering I clearly asked for vr4 springs and was asked for chassis no. I didn't realise they didn't make them for vr4 I just thought they weren't listed. I'm hoping they know what there talking about but also don't think there should be A problem both cars are v6's they should be of similar weight??

Spirit
13-10-2004, 09:29 PM
Thats what I thought but would there be an effect on the 4wd, AYC, etc etc - this is too advanced for me. I know Derek (interlec) has PI springs fitted and has no complaints, but can anyone expand on why there are differences in springs from one to another ?