PDA

View Full Version : How to change MMCS?

German-Dave
28-03-2011, 11:00 PM
Hello everybody!

I have the Mitsubishi MMCS in my new Legnum VR-4. I can´t use it in Europe because its just for Japan, thats why I want to change it to the normal 2DIN Radio chamber and the standard climate control! Can anybody tell me how and what I have to change?! Some pictures of what I mean:

What I Have:

MMCS pic (http://img141.imageshack.us/i/dsc05121z.jpg/)

What I want:

standard climate control (http://img220.imageshack.us/i/mittelkonsolek.jpg/)

I hope anybody can help me!

GalantOnly
28-03-2011, 11:42 PM
You'll have to change the wiring loom to make it work
Where in Germany are you from? I have all the loom and hardware you need to make it work. We can swap.../yes

CANDEE
29-03-2011, 05:55 AM
Alex, its just plug and play with about 4 plugs left over, if you have all the hardware. :)

Ive done this, though using a proper non mmcs chassis loom would make it a lot tidier. :)

crazydriver81
29-03-2011, 09:07 AM
Dave, this is easy.

You need:
- center console with double DIN cut-out and goggles holder (you need a wooden one, so put a thread in the parts wanted section or ask GalantOnly)
- climate control unit (you need a std. climate control unit, so put a thread in the parts wanted section or ask GalantOnly)
- wiring adapter from mitsi to std. ISO plugs (EB*Y => http://cgi.ebay.de/ISO-Radio-Adapter-Mitsubishi-ab-1995-/270476303104?pt=Kabel_Stecker&hash=item3ef9a4db00)
- metal brackets to fit the double din headunit (part# MR250254 & part# MR250256 or ask GalantOnly if he has a pair)

But why want you rip out this stuff? You can convert to english language (as your car is a FL) and add some additional sources like DVD player etc. If I were you, I would not take this out. You may change the headunit from factory tape player to a different 1-DIN headunit.

cheers

GalantOnly
29-03-2011, 02:05 PM
Alex, its just plug and play with about 4 plugs left over, if you have all the hardware. :)

Ive done this, though using a proper non mmcs chassis loom would make it a lot tidier. :)

I know, but I just don't like the left over plugs :)
But yeah, I've got the wooden center console, clima control unit and 100's of ISO adaptors here... Just no RHD stereo brackets
And I've got non MMSC loom too, if you really want to make it perfect /lol

German-Dave
29-03-2011, 04:37 PM
Thanks for this information, first! I think I will take the complete package with all parts I need, except the RHD stereo brackets from GalantOnly! I will contact you via PM! Does anybody have pictures about the differences between the MMCS and standard climate control?

jayp
29-03-2011, 07:25 PM
Hi David,

Is it he two metal plates that bolt on to the side of the head units you need? if so i have a spare set sat in my garage. Also whereabouts in Germany are you?

Julian

crazydriver81
30-03-2011, 10:36 AM
Thanks for this information, first! I think I will take the complete package with all parts I need, except the RHD stereo brackets from GalantOnly! I will contact you via PM! Does anybody have pictures about the differences between the MMCS and standard climate control?

Please see your pics you've posted. MMCS climate control is right from the monitor, non-MMCS climate control sits between upper vents and the headunit. ;)

crazydriver81
30-03-2011, 10:36 AM
Hi David,

Is it he two metal plates that bolt on to the side of the head units you need? if so i have a spare set sat in my garage. Also whereabouts in Germany are you?

Julian

He's from Berlin Julian.