PDA

View Full Version : Need New Ferodo's

Legnum Boy
12-10-2004, 12:50 AM
I am in desperate need of some new front pads and am trying to get the best price possible.

I paid £90 last time, from the only supplier local to me...

Can anyone here (UK) get a better price (including p&p)..?

If so, please PM me details or post here. :-D

Many Thanks.

Legnum Boy
12-10-2004, 05:07 AM
Just purchased some from here (http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/frame-detail.asp?PAGE=/home.htm) on special offer for a total of £81.48 inc. p&p. :D

If anyone can beat that, please do tell.... I can always return these and re-order from somewhere else... ;)

Spirit
12-10-2004, 07:24 AM
Thats a good price mate and pretty sure no-one will beat that with P+P on top !

Physician
12-10-2004, 10:42 AM
I bought some last Friday for £89.50. (DS2500's)

Polabear
12-10-2004, 10:55 AM
I bought some last Friday for £89.50. (DS2500's)

Inc vat Richard...? where from..?

nick-f1
12-10-2004, 12:21 PM
Hi Guys I had an interesting coversation with my local motor factor today about these DS2500 pads. He rang Ferodo and apparently they do not supply these pads to motor factors only racing dealers/suppliers and stressed that these are ILLEGAL for road use! Now I did not know this but perhaps some of you did --anyway he then gave me the number of a company who supply them to racing circuits, so I shall ring them and see what price and if they will give discount for club or bulk orders .

Nick

Spirit
12-10-2004, 01:44 PM
Don't see why they are illegal ? Sure he has not got confused.

Ferodo market them as a compromise between the DS2000 (road) and DS3000 (race) pads - it's why they made them in the first place !

Also, I am sure my local supplier would NOT have sold them to me and many others if they were illegal - this includes Sean (Polabear) who has known the guy for like 20 years. And have passed an MOT with them, and even AP have never mentioned anything about them ???

Hope all the above turns out to be true :$

Polabear
12-10-2004, 02:08 PM
Hi Guys I had an interesting coversation with my local motor factor today about these DS2500 pads. He rang Ferodo and apparently they do not supply these pads to motor factors only racing dealers/suppliers and stressed that these are ILLEGAL for road use! Now I did not know this but perhaps some of you did --anyway he then gave me the number of a company who supply them to racing circuits, so I shall ring them and see what price and if they will give discount for club or bulk orders .

Nick

Sorry Nick but IMHO your factor has got his head stuck in that dark area.. :lipsrseal , methinks he should check his facts, Frodo market them as a fast road use pad...and I think we all do a bit of that.... :rolleyes5

zentac
12-10-2004, 03:20 PM
Thier website doesn`t list DS2500 however it does mention....

DS2000 compound is primarily designed for HIGH PERFORMANCE ROAD USE
WARNING: DS3000 is NOT suitable for road use.

However Demon Thiefs states DS2500 developed for light inertia race cars, but equally effective on heavier cars. Less noise for increased driving comfort, and consistent friction levels make this an ideal pad for trackday car use.

Ive just ordered a set for a Seat Leon Cupra R (They are the breaks on the FTO) dor £85.14 +vat +delivery = £108.82 which was the cheapest I could find.

Legnum Boy
12-10-2004, 03:51 PM
So, in conclusion, and provided they are road legal... :$

£81.48 which includes vat and p&p, is a bargain price for DS2500's..... :rolleyes5 :rolleyes5

This cant be true.... surely not.... Legnum Boy gets a bargain???

:-D :-D :-D

nick-f1
12-10-2004, 04:56 PM

Nick
Ok Guys have spoken to the main distributor of these pads and have clarification, These pads are road legal for cars before 2000 and are a fast road/light track pad. Spec R90 brought in 2000 states that pads must be within 15% of the standard item. DS2500,s are 40% harder than standard so exceed the R90 requirement but you're ok if your car is pre 2000!
I have other info and a discount on offer which I will post in the members section ok?

Nick

Wodjno
12-10-2004, 05:37 PM
Does anyone know the part number of the ds2500 ?

nick-f1
12-10-2004, 07:07 PM
Does anyone know the part number of the ds2500 ?
That is it Glen.... DS2500, its a semi racing pad not a FDB no as most motor factors state. And Pola it was the Ferodo rep who said they were illegal for road use not the motor factor, and it turns out he was half right. And I've negotiated a discount for these pads which I posted in the members section.

Nick

Spirit
12-10-2004, 07:49 PM
Excellent work Nick, and I have moved your post in the members section to the Club Discounts section as requested.....yet another reason for people to join - they could save more than the membership fees just on these pads :-b !!!!!

Wodjno
12-10-2004, 08:05 PM
That is it Glen.... DS2500, its a semi racing pad not a FDB no as most motor factors state. And Pola it was the Ferodo rep who said they were illegal for road use not the motor factor, and it turns out he was half right. And I've negotiated a discount for these pads which I posted in the members section.

Nick
Thanx Nick .. But it's the specific part number that is used for the vr4 which i was asking about .. You know the 1 that would be on the side of the box they come in .. :D Has anyone still got there box ?? :-D

Physician
12-10-2004, 09:00 PM
Thanx Nick .. But it's the specific part number that is used for the vr4 which i was asking about .. You know the 1 that would be on the side of the box they come in .. :D Has anyone still got there box ?? :-D

Hi Glenn,

The part number is: FCP 765H

(Ferodo DS2500 Racing pads)

I had a meeting with a racing car company today to discuss our VR4 brakes. They strongly advised me to get Pagit (sp?) brake pads .... if they are available for our cars. If you want to do some research they said either the orange or blue compounds so that they are OK for road use as well as track. I'm going to have a look on the net now if you want to hang around.

Richard

nick-f1
12-10-2004, 09:16 PM
They strongly advised me to get Pagit (sp?) brake pads .... if they are available for our cars.

Richard

If memory serves me well did not BDA use these in the past and have very serious issues with them?I'll see if i can find the thread.

Wodjno
12-10-2004, 09:16 PM
Thats the kiddy, thats excellent , exactly the 1 I wanted you to say .. I'll keep you posted .. :D