PDA

View Full Version : Amsoil

DrDarkMatter
31-03-2011, 03:28 AM
Hi Guys, we were talking to Dixon last night while he was over and we were going over his MR2, he saw all the AMSOIL stuff we had in our garage and said that he thought there were quite a few AMSOIL users here, or people who were interested.

We use ALOT of AMSOIL for our selves or our customers, we get pretty nice discounts on ALL amsoil products.

if anyone would like to get some of if you have an inquiry please let me know. 43471

here is a basic price list, we get all our AMSOIL from inside NZ unless its a special order, most everything is available in a day or so.

the more we buy the better the discount, its pretty darn good now too :D

Maorigirl32
12-04-2011, 11:51 PM
Hi mate
So would this be the best oil for VR-4s?? Got my lifters done and it still ticks on start up will this stuff help reduce it?
Cheers

Subaru ETA
12-04-2011, 11:56 PM
in my opinion, and it is my opinion, amsoil isnt worth it. taking into account how much it is, and what a pain it is to get it in NZ.

personally i use castrol magnatec in all my cars including my old st-r, my old vr-4 and now my airtrek

DrDarkMatter
12-04-2011, 11:58 PM
hi, it can, we would need more info tho, how many K's, what Oil and viscosity are you using now, when was it last change. AMSOIL is pure synthetic oil. you may need a flush if you are using a mineral oil or a semi-synth. ticking on startup can be a number of thing, but we fully believe (and tests) prove AMSOIL is the best oil most applications, there are a few exceptions, like engines that HAVE to run a semi or mineral oil. sorry to sound like a commercial ad lol lol

Maorigirl32
13-04-2011, 12:03 AM
Cheers for the replys guys. Im always looking at new things and the cost is abit steep for me though but always good to learn something new lol. We also use Castrol magnetec and its does the job nicely. We took our car in to a rebild shop and he gave us pointers why our lifters are ticking so gotta look into that aswell.
Cheers guys have a good day.

DrDarkMatter
13-04-2011, 12:03 AM
I would personally disagree, its expensive but its guaranteed for a year or 25,000 MILES, oil filters are good for 2 oil changes, not one.

so if you change your oil twice a year or more, then the cost is negligible or the same as you are changing your oil once a year, and I might add, you will NEVER get the protection and cleaning with castrol and any other oil on the market, just go and look at the tests

as far as availability we have everything you need to you with in 2-3 days, so its here and here to stay, and its EASY now

obviously the choice is yours and I respect that, but if you love your car, put in the best IMHO

DrDarkMatter
13-04-2011, 12:06 AM
cool, remember, you are changing it ONCE a year, not every 10000 K so if you change it twice with Castol or what ever, its about the same as changing it once a year with AMSOIL and it will protect better. I am happy with whatever you choose, just giving you some options :D

elnevio
13-04-2011, 12:09 AM
Well, you can rule out the 6A13TT for HAVING to be run on semi-synthetic or mineral, as the Mitsi spec oil is 5w-30 or 0w-30 fully synthetic! :thumbsup:

I can see David's point about Amsoil. In the UK, the price differential isn't that much, especially when taking into account the decent discount that we can get from Don (aka amsoil) over here. When it comes to the engine oil, then any good fully synthetic oil should be plenty sufficient.

Having said that, all I've ever run in my VR-4 is Amsoil oil, for every oil on the car (ATF, SVG, SSO, etc). It will make the biggest difference in an autobox, as the ATF grossly outperforms other ATFs.

Hell, even the Swift is fully Amsoiled (although I've only got the gearbox and engine oils to go at... :zzz:

Subaru ETA
13-04-2011, 12:18 AM
Im OTT when it comes to my cars so my Airtrek gets the oil and filter done every 5k and the Primera and BMW every 10k. I guess it gives me a chance to get my hands dirty. plus i have $15K worth of tools that need to be used lol

DrDarkMatter
13-04-2011, 12:42 AM
lol same about tools, my wife is a mechanic and a big dealership here in wellington, but we have a fully kitted out garage so we need to put them to use for something lol lol

DrDarkMatter
13-04-2011, 12:57 AM
we are really OTT about ALL our cars, 5 MR2's and a Subaru B4 RSK, we use AMSOIL oil, lubes, flushes and filters in them all, but ya know, we love our cars, we watch other cars fail at track days or of sludge and lack of top end lubrication or main or thrust bearing failure all the time. I am really not banging on the other lubes but they all have the same thing in common...

Ryan
13-04-2011, 01:30 AM
im ott when it comes to my cars so my airtrek gets the oil and filter done every 5k and the primera and bmw every 10k. I guess it gives me a chance to get my hands dirty. Plus i have $15k worth of tools that need to be used lol

BMW? Tell me more about this :) I like BMW's.

Subaru ETA
13-04-2011, 01:39 AM
http://tapa.tk/mu/cbd35aa5-f0ad-c219.jpg

http://tapa.tk/mu/cbd35aa5-f16e-43a3.jpg

Subaru ETA
13-04-2011, 01:50 AM
Just trying to be flash uploading from tapatalk!

95 E36 couple. It's only a 318 but has the full M kit fitted from factory including the interior. Fitted with AC Schinitzer 17 inch alloys.

Got it for $1000 a couple of years ago with no front on it and the engine and gearbox sitting next to it. Got it coz it had only done 60k!

Sorry for the hijack!

Ryan
13-04-2011, 04:21 AM
Cool, looks good in red. Drop a M52B28 into it and you'll be sweeeeeeeeeeeet :D

Kenneth
13-04-2011, 05:35 AM
Amsoil 0W-30 lasted over 25,000km and more than 2 years in Jo's Legnum VR-4. Dropped the oil out to have it lab tested and all was fine, could have left it in.

None of the cars I have used amsoil in (including their filter btw) have ever suffered from startup/idle tappet noise.

If you can show me a cheaper way to service the Legnum which provides the same levels of reliability then I am all ears.

Just to put that in perspective, we have owned the car probably a good 5 years and it is on it's second oil and filter change.

Ryan
13-04-2011, 07:33 AM
Do you still use Amsoil?

Fully
13-04-2011, 09:26 AM
We took our car in to a rebild shop and he gave us pointers why our lifters are ticking so gotta look into that aswell.

Please share?

Kenneth
13-04-2011, 10:34 AM
Me? We still use it in the Legnum. I don't put it in the Galant at this stage simply because of availability and usually when I need oil it is in a hurry :P

Do you still use Amsoil?