PDA

View Full Version : Area Reps

Spirit
29-06-2003, 10:10 AM
How about appointing area reps for the Club. e.g a few for the UK, one for NZ, HK etc. Can be in charge of area events in the future, welcoming new members, birthdays etc.

Just an idea in principle - throw it open to everyone

Pete

Bailey
03-04-2011, 02:34 PM
I was thinking the same thing, they could help organies local meets

I'd be intrested in doing surrey area??

sabreuk
03-04-2011, 04:41 PM
I know I'm new to the forum but I'd be intrested In east Yorkshire area, on that is there any members I'n hull area?

Wobble
03-04-2011, 07:03 PM
that is a good idea pete, then you may also get to meet local members when you may have not before been aware of them,

Spirit
03-04-2011, 07:07 PM
If you look guys, this thread was started in June 2003 !

It was decided there was not enough call for them as such, and the committee has always had a national Events Organiser (Nick Mann for several years until recently). There is absolutely nothing stopping anyone arranging any local meets whenever they like.....indeed it's encouraged /yes
In fact, there was the chance of a small subsidy from the club (if the meet met certain criteria) but not sure if that is still in place. Maybe one of the current committee can confirm ?

Bailey
03-04-2011, 10:17 PM
Ok thanks spirit thats cool, i only restarted this thread as i couldn't see any other info and didn't want to step on anyones toes lol

I've got a few ideas so will post up something in due corse

cheers

Bailey

aboo
03-04-2011, 10:22 PM
If you look guys, this thread was started in June 2003 !

It was decided there was not enough call for them as such, and the committee has always had a national Events Organiser (Nick Mann for several years until recently). There is absolutely nothing stopping anyone arranging any local meets whenever they like.....indeed it's encouraged /yes
In fact, there was the chance of a small subsidy from the club (if the meet met certain criteria) but not sure if that is still in place. Maybe one of the current committee can confirm ?

The sponsorship is still in place Pete cause we got it up here in Scotland for our resent meet in Moffat in February. /yes

Spirit
03-04-2011, 11:15 PM
The sponsorship is still in place Pete cause we got it up here in Scotland for our resent meet in Moffat in February. /yes

That's good to know Andy, cheers

Mark 4
03-04-2011, 11:32 PM
So what did we sponsor ? Bet I can guess :runkest:

aboo
03-04-2011, 11:52 PM
So what did we sponsor ? Bet I can guess :runkest:It paid for the food not the drink honest.