PDA

View Full Version : profec b spec 2 boost controller

thfelipeth
02-04-2011, 06:36 AM
hi guys.. ive just come back from a ride after re-installing my ebc... this time i have bypassed the boost solenoid completely as oppose to using it in conjunction with the aftermarket solenoid.
im unsure about the difference at the moment, due to having it installed while it was automatic and the engine having alot of k's before.. and now it has a "fresh" engine + manual transmission + bypassing the factory solenoid..

before it would boost up alot to something like 15 psi and would hit fuel cut very easily. now it doesnt seem to boost up as quickly and it only went up to 7 psi according to the control unit.. having said that the car is pulling alot better then before in evey way. but its making boost slower and more towards the higher revs.. could this be due to this been more designed for high rpm boost? or the solenoid working on its own instead of creating boost with the factory solenoid?? meaning following the cars standard boost map?
i hope im making some sense here.. i've also been looking for a boost gauge.. i should've bought one first.. but what can i say.. so i'll open up a debate about which boost gauge would you guys recommend? this is electronic vs mechanical.. feel free to add your 2 cents to anything above :2thumbsup

Kenneth
02-04-2011, 06:54 AM
Could be plumbed in wrong? ~7PSI is pretty much what you would get with no boost controller and the standard solenoid not working.

thfelipeth
02-04-2011, 07:05 AM
im 99.9% sure its right.. i will have a double check to make sure.. the controll unit shows 10 psi idling and thats what it use to show in the past.. i set it to 10 psi to be safe hi boost set to 12.. dont want to wreck the car.. but i will have another look to be safe! thanks kenneth

Kenneth
02-04-2011, 07:32 AM
Might want to double check that the solenoid is operating also :)

thfelipeth
02-04-2011, 11:28 AM
okay i shouldve mentioned.. i didnt unplugged the factory solenoid.. but does it make a difference? ill upload a diagram of what i've done lol. you guys can tell me if i've done something wrong. thanks

Louis
02-04-2011, 12:24 PM
you can leave the factory solenoid plugged in (electricaly), and put a short bit of vacum hose from on port to the other on the factory solenoid so it just loops back into itself. it still operates but doesn't do anything.
what settings are you running on the Profec B2

thfelipeth
02-04-2011, 02:23 PM
43500 this is what i've done.. can you explain to me why i would leave the factory wastegate solenoid plugged in? and can i bypass the fuel presure regulator and plumb in the boost solenoid straight to the fuel presure regulator? if not, why not?? thanks just want to learn something. thanks!! /thankyou

thfelipeth
02-04-2011, 02:26 PM
i've also dialled in the settings i found on an ozvr4 thread.. just to try it out.. i read how to tune it and im quiet confident with it. its pased 2am now. so i've programmed it in and i'll try it in the morning.. i'll have another nosey at the vaccum pipes tomorrow aswell. thanks guys!