13-10-2004, 01:17 PM
Cheapest I've seen for a while! £3995!!

http://www.bobjamescars.co.uk/_bjames.htm

Bal
13-10-2004, 02:06 PM
where is this guy?? that is cheap ...

Nick Mann
13-10-2004, 03:58 PM
Using this (http://www.ukphoneinfo.com/section/tci/locator.shtml) phone number locator, he is somewhere round Chelmsford way.

MR.VOODOO
13-10-2004, 04:18 PM
yes and i was going to buy it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
but it is sold
taht having said i am going to look at a 1996 legnum
on friday for £3200 with 100k on yhe clock
i think it is cheap but bit woried about the millage though

Nick Mann
13-10-2004, 07:34 PM
If the servicing is okay, then stay interested. Could be a good idea to pay a motoring organisation to check it out.

Grinder
15-10-2004, 08:03 PM
What Legnum was it ? I imported a 1997 1.8GDI 4WD STI ('fully loaded') for £3000 in May (70000 km), although it needed a fair bit of work to clear the MOT.

I've been wondering if I ended up over-paying for it....(suspect I did!)

MR.VOODOO
15-10-2004, 10:12 PM
well for £3000 i could not say no
details as follows 1996 vr4 legnum
cloth interior silver
has a few minor body work dents etc cost abour £300
to fit and then it will look almost new
tappets quite noisey
brakes make a nosie squeky
has a hks filter
interior like new almost

has had
in the past year
new exhaust
drive shaft
4 new tryes
full service

has 2 chips in windscreen
engine bay very dirty ( unlike my wife ) joke she's a good girl

thats about it

now do i keep it or do i sell it ??????????????????????????????

i think i might keep it
alltough i wanted a purple one

oh i fogot
6 mths mot
and 5 mths tax
not bad for £3000 !

MR.VOODOO
15-10-2004, 10:14 PM
mr grinder
have you still got the 34 gtt then
or have you sold it like me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Polabear
16-10-2004, 09:49 AM
well for £3000 i could not say no
details as follows 1996 vr4 legnum
cloth interior silver
has a few minor body work dents etc cost abour £300
to fit and then it will look almost new
tappets quite noisey
brakes make a nosie squeky
has a hks filter
interior like new almost

has had
in the past year
new exhaust
drive shaft
4 new tryes
full service

has 2 chips in windscreen
engine bay very dirty ( unlike my wife ) joke she's a good girl

thats about it

now do i keep it or do i sell it ??????????????????????????????

i think i might keep it
alltough i wanted a purple one

oh i fogot
6 mths mot
and 5 mths tax
not bad for £3000 !

Do you know when the belts were last changed....? also when the AYC fluid was changed......? if not then get them done ASAP if your cambelt lets go then your looking at pretty much what you paid for the car to repair it....also if you get them done get the workshop to check out the cambelt tensioner and idler bearing...if either one of these let go you have lost your cambelt......and your engine.... :Cry1: :thumbsdow sorry to rain on your parade but this is just friendly advise....... ;)

MR.VOODOO
16-10-2004, 09:57 AM
That what i wanted to ask next

is mitsubishi the best palce to go

or do we know any independts who can do this for me

and how much ?

i live in surrey

Polabear
16-10-2004, 10:44 AM
That what i wanted to ask next

is mitsubishi the best palce to go

or do we know any independts who can do this for me

and how much ?

i live in surrey

Don't know who you have in surrey, but what I do know is that a mitsy dealer will want parts of your anatomy in payment for this work...in both parts cost and labour cost......... :Eek1: for the measly sum of £20 you can have a full membership which will give you more info on the vr4 than you could ever find anywhere else...join us and have fun.... :D

Kieran
16-10-2004, 03:41 PM
Don't know who you have in surrey, but what I do know is that a mitsy dealer will want parts of your anatomy in payment for this work...in both parts cost and labour cost......... :Eek1: for the measly sum of £20 you can have a full membership which will give you more info on the vr4 than you could ever find anywhere else...join us and have fun.... :D

And if you do join, we can recommend some places that will get this stuff done cheaper than Mitsubishi.... You know it makes sense ;)

MR.VOODOO
18-10-2004, 09:04 AM
ok i want to join

but i want to advertise in here so tell me more ?

Grinder
18-10-2004, 10:14 PM
Mr Voodoo, I still have the 34 GTT, my daily car, the Legnum is my wife's she drives around with the little'un.

I don't think we need a VR4 but the 1.8GDI is only giving low 20s mpg so might as well be a VR4!! The only other problem is 2 expensive insurance premiums...no thanks!

What is it with people selling r34 GTTs?? People don't seem to keep em long, everyone will think they are crap or something !!

Definately worth joining - when I got my Legnum it needed front shocks, brake disks and steering arms cost me a packet because no one could find aftermarket parts for the car. Now I know that disks & shocks are easy to come by - if you know who to ask!

Kieran
18-10-2004, 10:27 PM
I don't think we need a VR4 but the 1.8GDI is only giving low 20s mpg so might as well be a VR4!!

Something's NOT right there... :undecided My old 2.0GLS Auto used to do about 27/28ish... you should be getting more. Are you using super unleaded? If not, then start doing so, as the Jap-spec GDI really needs it!

MR.VOODOO
19-10-2004, 09:25 AM
hi grinder

had to cut back a bit hence selling my gtt
but i recon two years then it will be gtr time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

speak to you soon

ian

Grinder
20-10-2004, 10:59 AM
Kieran we have switched to Optimax recently (last 4 tanks) and this might be improving it - thanks for your advice I will make sure we stick to it.

I think the problem is mainly that the car is used exclusively around town in stop-start traffic. Mock me by all means: we had a Kia Rio 1.5SE Auto as our family car before the Legnum, same type of motoring and it only got 27mpg. :sad3: Before that the Range Rover 3.5 Efi was getting 14mpg.

Luckily the wife only needs to fill up the tank about once every 3 weeks, so the MPG is not really a huge issue.

(The Kia is for sale if anyone is interested! Top spec, 2 years old and only £4000 - still no one wants it! Nice car but I will never buy another budget mota again :noshake: )

vader
24-10-2004, 06:11 PM
Legnum what a car :D