PDA

View Full Version : MOT law maybe to change to 2 yearly

Humpty's Revenge
11-04-2011, 10:51 PM
Has anyone seen what this government are considering? this will be a surprise if they do.

http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/11042011/36/mot-changes-save-drivers-hundreds-0.html

Wobble
11-04-2011, 11:03 PM
will never happen .and if it does then there will be alot of unworthy vehicles on the road. how often does something show on you mot that you didnt realize was there , then imagine leaving it for another year.

Gly
11-04-2011, 11:12 PM
wow that seams really backwards,

here in nz we have a WOF, similar to you MOT,

its done yearly for if the cars 5 years or younger, and then every 6months once past the 5 year mark,
(yet theres **** heaps on the roads that shouldnt be due to lenient WOF stations)

Humpty's Revenge
12-04-2011, 09:48 AM
wow that seams really backwards,

here in nz we have a WOF, similar to you MOT,

its done yearly for if the cars 5 years or younger, and then every 6months once past the 5 year mark,
(yet theres **** heaps on the roads that shouldnt be due to lenient WOF stations)

Blimey every six months, do you think that is good or bad? as yearly over here is a good idea I think.

Ryan
12-04-2011, 09:51 AM
Blimey every six months, do you think that is good or bad? as yearly over here is a good idea I think.

I don't think that it is a bad idea for cars of that age. Most cars on the roads here would be at least 8-10+ years old in my opinion. For me personally, I'd rather have peace of mind that most of stuff is "all at" rather than save $40 and then have a wheel fly off six months down the road :p

Fully
12-04-2011, 10:38 AM

You get used it, Its always being like this =)
It was the renewal of your licence (Black book) that used to be the pits, that was annually for you young ones (pre 1987) :P
Like Ryan said its more piece of mind.

Gly
12-04-2011, 10:38 AM
i dont have an issue with it, and i think once cars reach that 5+ years old,
parts are getting warn out and faults start to show and should be addressed, rather safe than sorry,

also we dont have any emissions tests to deal with, which does have its ups and downs