Wobble
13-04-2011, 06:45 PM
what are you running off them Karl?

VR4Kaos
13-04-2011, 06:49 PM
A carputer Dave

sabreuk
13-04-2011, 07:49 PM
oooh very nice mate genessis are pretty good whats the amps running rms wise?

VR4Kaos
13-04-2011, 08:40 PM
the profile four ultra is
•4 x 100 watts at less than 0.1% THD
•High pass : CH 1&2 : 15 Hz - 6kHz Fully variable.
•High pass : CH 3&4 : 15 - 200Hz (Can be used as subsonic)
•Lowpass : CH 3&4 : 50 Hz - 6kHz Fully variable
•Subwoofer level control on CH 3&4 of +/-6db
•2 x 300 watts rated bridged output
and the profile two is
* Rated output per channel @ 4 Ohm (14.4V): 2 x 75 Watts
* Rated output per channel @ 2 Ohm (14.4V): 2 x 110 Watts
* Rated output per channel bridged @ 4 Ohm (14.4V): 1 x 220 Watts
* Frequency response: 20-20KHz
* THD+ noise @ rated output: <0.1%
* S/N (A weighted): >100dB
* Input Sensitivity: .3V-5V
* Maximum current draw: 15A

sabreuk
13-04-2011, 10:19 PM
hmmm very good mate so what speakers you running on the amps?

VR4Kaos
13-04-2011, 10:37 PM
rainbow components on the fronts and focal coaxial in the rears mate not bought a sub as yet tho ;)

sabreuk
13-04-2011, 11:05 PM
focals are well nice bud expensive but sound the mutts nuts im running a full vibe pro set up with the exception of the sub which is a fusion 12" but looking at getting a orion 12" hcca in the boot still undecided bout it though but i ran in to prob tonight fitting mine the speakers ae about an inch short of fitting so i need to make some adapters up doh! lol

VR4Kaos
16-04-2011, 12:34 PM
just too add number one of two

VR457
16-04-2011, 03:59 PM
You're going all out on this one! So far, it's looking good.

sabreuk
16-04-2011, 06:20 PM
Bone question for ya mate how have you managed to get the main amp wire through the bulk head had a look at mine today and trying to get the wire through the grommet on the passenger side where the main loom goes through is a nightmare purely cause I got fat finger.com going on lol. But your rocky fos subs look nice :)

Wodjno
16-04-2011, 06:40 PM
Bone question for ya mate how have you managed to get the main amp wire through the bulk head had a look at mine today and trying to get the wire through the grommet on the passenger side where the main loom goes through is a nightmare purely cause I got fat finger.com going on lol. But your rocky fos subs look nice :)

Go through the hole behind the front strut. It comes out behind the wheel arch liner. Then you go back in through the arch and come out under the dash on the inner wing.. Theres loadsa room to get stuff through there /yes

sabreuk
16-04-2011, 06:46 PM
Ah cool cheers for the heads up I'll get that done tomoz then yay :) now just need speaker adapters for the door and rear shelf. So once ya got your subs I'n what's left to do on yours mate?

Wodjno
16-04-2011, 06:48 PM
Ah cool cheers for the heads up I'll get that done tomoz then yay :) now just need speaker adapters for the door and rear shelf. So once ya got your subs I'n what's left to do on yours mate?

My pleasure ..

You will need to remove the arch liner though /yes

sabreuk
16-04-2011, 11:37 PM
thanks mate for the advice i now have my sub fitted and running just got the other 3 amps and speakers to go now :) what sort of system are you going for sql (sound quality level)or spl(sound pressure level)? mines more sql been looking at the tweeter mounts on the door pillers aswell and trying to figure out how to mount mine looks like some more brackets are in order lol

VR4Kaos
17-04-2011, 06:51 AM
I'm going for sql mate not into just noise like to hear music clarity just done the same in my livingroom spent over £1200 on Cambridge audio (minx) surround sound set up but worth every penny the sound out of them little speakers is amazing

sabreuk
17-04-2011, 08:27 AM
Ooooh very posh mate if I lived a bit closer I'd have to pop round and have listen to that setup. Ive got a samsung 6.1 system but know where near Cambridge audio quality unfortunately. The downside for me aswell my walls are paper thin and the neighbors winge at the best of times, these new build house just arnt made the same anymore :(

VR4Kaos
17-04-2011, 08:46 AM
Ooooh very posh mate if I lived a bit closer I'd have to pop round and have listen to that setup. Ive got a samsung 6.1 system but know where near Cambridge audio quality unfortunately. The downside for me aswell my walls are paper thin and the neighbors winge at the best of times, these new build house just arnt made the same anymore :(

I'm quite lucky as i have a full brick semi house not a bit of plasterboard in sight lol also my neighbor is quite understanding in the fact that i like me music as they can feel the bass in their living room quite a lot the, Minx is Cambridge audio's reply to Bose and blows the right out of the water according to what hi-fi anyway lol

sabreuk
17-04-2011, 07:41 PM
Never rated Bose mate they look good granted and a name but I think Bose are well overated for what you get and pay for. Well on a diff note got my rear speakers and x overs I'n today 2 of 3 amps now fired up and it's starting to sound sweet again yay :) once it's all running then it's tidy up time and make the boot pretty

VR4Kaos
17-04-2011, 07:50 PM
you well ahead of me mate not even orderd my touch-screen yet lol allso not put everything in the carputer i want like blue tooth oh and a dvd drive i want everything together before i make a start
you will have to post some pics mate lets see your install ....

sabreuk
17-04-2011, 10:59 PM
well the vibe components are under the grilles on the rear deck the x overs are in the boot just loosly screwed to the rear trim ive got the vibe a7 mono block attached to the top of the sub box and the vibe 4 chan is loose next to the sub, got the front components to put in routing the second set of x overs in the boot, amp 3 to put in aswell then ive got to tidy up the boot in general and build it out properly so it looks better than it is at the min. still thinking on the orion hcca "12 sub to replace the fusion but im also thinking going the audiobahn route aswell ill worry bout that once got all the other stuff done. on the pic side ill post them but its not pretty to look at yet.

VR4Kaos
18-04-2011, 07:18 PM
it's arrived

wintertidenz
19-04-2011, 11:34 AM
If you want extra tuneability over the sound, look at getting a high-end USB sound card. It will allow you to fully tune the EQ, time alignment etc - I would have suggested a PCI card but you have no space in that PC by the looks of things.

What front-end are you going to use?