PDA

View Full Version : ECU Disassembly Discoveries

Kenneth
14-04-2011, 06:47 AM
I wanted to start a thread where I can post the stuff I find without having specific places. This isn't necessarily truth, but what I think I have found.

I think I have found where the ECU selects from which map (when there is a choice) to run.

In my 2002 Manual ECU image, the following is a 16 bit value which is set to 1. This seems to be the adder which is added to indirect map lookups as an offset for the actual address.
It also appears to be used when loading Periphery information, meaning that in this case all the periphery addresses need 2 added to them (2 because they are word size values)

<table name="PointerOffset" category="Misc" address="10208" type="1D" level="1" scaling="uint16"/>

Adam.Findlay
14-04-2011, 09:32 AM
Im not the best with computers. and the programming jargon but in short (and english) are you saying there may be a possibility for switchable maps on the stock ecu?
also do you know if anyone has figured how to adapt the evo launch control, lean spool and that sort of stuff for our cars?

lateshow
14-04-2011, 12:07 PM
One big question: is there a lean spool, however it seems that mixture seems to be always 1.5-0.5 leaner than the one int the maps. Ofcourse ROM can be edited in the same fashion as evo's if someone figures out the code. So far we have been only modifying target values. :)

Adam.Findlay
14-04-2011, 12:25 PM
One big question: is there a lean spool, however it seems that mixture seems to be always 1.5-0.5 leaner than the one int the maps. Ofcourse ROM can be edited in the same fashion as evo's if someone figures out the code. So far we have been only modifying target values. :)

yeah as i said above im not so clued up with all this ecu nonsense but as i understand the code is very similar between evos and vr4's (evo 5 and 6 and vr4 being 7202 and evo 6.5 and some vr4's 7203)
this is where a complete definition of the vr4 ecu comes into play

Kenneth
15-04-2011, 08:11 AM
If there is a lean spool, it is very different from the EVO implementation I have been looking at. While some of the tables are referenced and exists, they are there as stubs only and contain no actual data.

I would like to keep this thread for discussion of things I have found, rather than ideas about what you want me to look for though... So if you could please keep to that, I would appreciate it :)