PDA

View Full Version : Mmmmm new toy

Trow
16-10-2004, 12:02 AM
Hey folks, just thought I would pop in an say hello! I just bought a '97 VR4 Legnum and, holy crap it's nice!! I used to own an old Mitsi Magnum but unfortunatly it got nicked from outside my house!!
anyway, I do have a few questions to bug you with if anyone has the time to spare! (I didn't get a book with the car)

Oh, a bit about me, I am originaly from the Shetland Isles but moved out to NZ about a year ago to work in Wellington, I work as an IT Engineer in a small town called upper hutt. My VR4 is white with 17" black alloys which looks really nice!

1. being a twin turbo should I be using synthetic oil to run it on?
2. where can I get an english book with all the levels and specs in it
3. Do haynes make a manual or not?
4. my little front lip on the front bumper is missing, are they expensive or is there an aftermarket part I can buy?
5. how often does the rear diff oil have to be changed?
6. ummm
7. think that's 'bout it!

thanks for your help and great web page!!!

Polabear
16-10-2004, 09:35 AM
welcome to the forum Trow, i spent many years running in and out of Shetland, I used to be in seismic exploration, you can find the answers to all your questions here on the most informative site around for all things related to the vr4, the info available is worth the membership fee alone......you won't get near as much from your local mitsy dealer....so come on join us and enjoy.. ;)

Trow
16-10-2004, 08:13 PM
thanks Polabear, did you work at Sullom Voe Oil Terminal? that's where I was for 7 years before moving out here! anyway, thanks again I think I will join sounds worth it!