PDA

View Full Version : Galant/Legnum Angel-Eye Headlights

Humpty's Revenge
17-04-2011, 11:12 AM
Am I correct in saying these wont fit UK galant/legnums?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160574534480&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The Vee
17-04-2011, 01:02 PM
Can't be certain but they look USDM to me. The whole headlight assembly will be slightly smaller leaving little gaps between the bumper and light and the grill and light. Reason for uncertainty is that he mentions Legnum, so that would suggest JDM which of course would be OK.

Humpty's Revenge
17-04-2011, 01:40 PM
Can't be certain but they look USDM to me. The whole headlight assembly will be slightly smaller leaving little gaps between the bumper and light and the grill and light. Reason for uncertainty is that he mentions Legnum, so that would suggest JDM which of course would be OK.

Cheers dude, there is a picture of LHD so they would'nt really be legal over here maybe?

The Vee
17-04-2011, 01:47 PM
No, the cut off would be the wrong way round. Like driving a UK car on the continent but other way round if you see what I mean! Having said that, there are ways to alter the beam pattern - I believe Swinks and another guy on these forums has done it when converting their own headlights to projector style.

Humpty's Revenge
17-04-2011, 01:53 PM
OK thanks Andy. Ill see if I can find out more about these? /Hmmmwould rather prefer cibie's though :greedy:

Nick Mann
17-04-2011, 01:59 PM
I agree with Mr. The Vee. They are USDM and so will have all issues mentioned above. What you'll need to do is buy a USDM body kit to go with it!

The Vee
17-04-2011, 02:02 PM
Yeah would love to pinch the ones off of Davcom1's car (as he knows!) Have been doing a lot of chasing projector type things for mine - There are a lot of things going on stateside, but of course they are USDM which I "suspect" your original post refers to. There is one place which I believe does the JDM ones all beit for LHD in the states. Think they're called the Depot or something. Dare I mention I found them on TGC.

The Vee
17-04-2011, 02:05 PM
They are USDM and so will have all issues mentioned above. What you'll need to do is buy a USDM body kit to go with it!

;) :)

BillHardy
17-04-2011, 07:40 PM
Spotted these a couple of days ago and the seller recons they will fit PFL but says he's not sure on FL,but they came from America and are marked LHD so presume they are USDM,iv'e found a supplier in the US selling a pair of these for around $150 plus carriage so much cheaper than these

Humpty's Revenge
17-04-2011, 07:47 PM
Spotted these a couple of days ago and the seller recons they will fit PFL but says he's not sure on FL,but they came from America and are marked LHD so presume they are USDM,iv'e found a supplier in the US selling a pair of these for around $150 plus carriage so much cheaper than these

That's quite good Bill what he reckons, pfl & fl are the same unit. Thet do look good though.

VR4 MAD
18-04-2011, 04:20 AM
Try these guys as they custom make to suit either USDM or JDM from the appropriate orginal headlight unit, so will definately fit.

Here's the link (http://depoautolights.com/mitsubishi-galant-original-dual-projector-headlights-p-480.html?osCsid=bc6e20134decdf6040f08d3455af16fa).

Hope that helps............. :)

Oh and I didn't say they were cheap though.............. :(

/toycar

Yeah would love to pinch the ones off of Davcom1's car (as he knows!) Have been doing a lot of chasing projector type things for mine - There are a lot of things going on stateside, but of course they are USDM which I "suspect" your original post refers to. There is one place which I believe does the JDM ones all beit for LHD in the states. Think they're called the Depot or something. Dare I mention I found them on TGC.

swinks
18-04-2011, 11:23 AM
To all who may concern, once again...:deal2:
Why USDM light won't fit our vehicles:
- light clusters are narrower in indicator area (need usdm fender)
- light clusters are shorter (need usdm grill)
- light clusters have different location of mount points
That's mechanical difference.
Most important:
- usdm light pattern is SYMETRIC hence not legal in whole Europe and Japan!
Lights for JDM and EUDM are asymetric (cut off light/shadow).

So, most projector lights from US eBay, etc. are pretty useless, because projector units used there can't be modified. Unlike Chineese, Taiwan or HK kits, these projectors are whole sealed units, and can't be modified.

chris g
18-04-2011, 12:33 PM
I think we have been here before with this kit/JDM kit...

Humpty's Revenge
18-04-2011, 12:36 PM
Thanks guys for all that info, Cibie's it is then!

The Vee
18-04-2011, 01:55 PM
Try these guys as they custom make to suit either USDM or JDM from the appropriate orginal headlight unit, so will definately fit.

Here's the link (http://depoautolights.com/mitsubishi-galant-original-dual-projector-headlights-p-480.html?osCsid=bc6e20134decdf6040f08d3455af16fa).

Hope that helps............. :)

Oh and I didn't say they were cheap though.............. :(

/toycar

Certainly not cheap!! But yes spot on mate - that's the place I'd seen - thanks

VR4WGN
27-04-2011, 09:55 AM
wait,stop the press .. you ay the pattern is wrong way round right??
now i have a set of these projectors , from what i can see theres NOTHING stopping me form swapping the beams over to the other sides to THEN make the pattern correct, am icorrect? as a bare light theyr all the same,and as for sealed lights,heat wil lfix this problem.

what do you think?

im looking at mounting these to wifes new car soon and i know the usdm grilles are larger and theres gaps but i can mod this out so im going to be doing so (fibreglass works wonders)

crazydriver81
27-04-2011, 10:35 AM
let us see the results Q! :) And yes, you should be able to turn the light pattern thingy behind the lens by 180°, to obtain the correct pattern for NZ

swinks
27-04-2011, 12:17 PM
Q, do a few close-look pictures of lights, and disassembled projector units, so we can see how to deal.
Due to pattern. It's not swapping. You have to get pattern from symetric --, to asymetric -_

HOODY
27-04-2011, 11:54 PM
The HID/angel eye kit I got passed MOT..phew..was quite worried they wouldnt.

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad16/hoody001/vr4/100_2547.jpg