PDA

View Full Version : Royal wedding

Humpty's Revenge
20-04-2011, 06:05 PM
:zzz::sleeping::zzz::sleeping::zzz::sleeping::zzz: :sleeping::zzz::sleeping::zzz::sleeping::zzz::slee ping::zzz::sleeping::zzz::sleeping::zzz::sleeping: :zzz::sleeping::zzz::sleeping::zzz::sleeping::zzz: :sleeping::zzz::sleeping:

Wobble
20-04-2011, 06:12 PM
what royal wedding ? is that the same day that i am forced to take off work .

Humpty's Revenge
20-04-2011, 06:14 PM
what royal wedding ? is that the same day that i am forced to take off work .

/yes It's just so boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!/wall

Kryton
20-04-2011, 06:35 PM
Can't wait til its over as it is actually starting to annoy me. Great opportunity to spend the day getting drunk but thats about it!

horndog
20-04-2011, 06:51 PM
Can't wait til its over as it is actually starting to annoy me. Great opportunity to spend the day getting drunk but thats about it!

Whats wrong with the excuse "its Friday"

gallvr4
20-04-2011, 06:53 PM
i was invited.......ryanair not flying that day so going to the local instead!!!

Kryton
20-04-2011, 07:35 PM
Whats wrong with the excuse "its Friday"

Ok let me rephrase that to even more drunk on Thursday night into Friday /haz

Ryan
20-04-2011, 09:38 PM
Think someone here on the radio said that he'd rather slam his old fella in a car door than watch it.

aboo
20-04-2011, 10:10 PM
If you work for a Scottish business they have to offer you the day off for this but without pay so I decided to work. I'm not going to watch it cause it will be pants & I have no interest in it so I'm not loosing a days pay to boot.

BraindG
21-04-2011, 09:20 AM
Chill out with the family, enjoy the long weekend!

chris g
21-04-2011, 10:10 AM
NHS day off so looking to get away for the day, somewhere, anywhere, to be away from the coverage...

Wodjno
21-04-2011, 01:31 PM
:zzz::sleeping::zzz::sleeping::zzz::sleeping::zzz: :sleeping::zzz::sleeping::zzz::sleeping::zzz::slee ping::zzz::sleeping::zzz::sleeping::zzz::sleeping: :zzz::sleeping::zzz::sleeping::zzz::sleeping::zzz: :sleeping:

But still interesting enough for you to create a thread about Steve /Hmmm

chris g
21-04-2011, 02:03 PM
And interesting enough for you to make comment about him starting the thread...

Moderating or provoking...?

SGHOM
21-04-2011, 02:21 PM
I'm looking forward to it !!

Gives us ideas for our upcoming day ;)

chris g
21-04-2011, 02:37 PM
You going to hire horsemen and a coach...?

sy666
21-04-2011, 04:43 PM
Well cant complain, I've got a free day off to work on the car pre Japfest

Kryton
21-04-2011, 06:53 PM
I am well into making the most of tomorrow off. Another vodka please :d

BillHardy
21-04-2011, 07:31 PM
Who's marrying who???

ANTHONY
21-04-2011, 10:24 PM
but just think of all the money coming into the country......................................to pay for wars

aboo
21-04-2011, 10:46 PM
Stolen from Mike (Miller) www.youtube.com

Wodjno
22-04-2011, 06:19 AM
And interesting enough for you to make comment about him starting the thread...

Moderating or provoking...?

:zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz: :zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz: :zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz:

RobboVR4
26-04-2011, 07:49 AM
My missus wants us all to watch this on tv, think i might be doing a captain oaks.

Subaru ETA
26-04-2011, 08:41 AM
i wish we got a day off for it - i deserve it after having to listen to the wife and friends go on about it ever since it was announced!

Its showing here from 7:30pm friday until 12:30am Saturday.... while the woman are watching it the men are going to the pub...

Nick Mann
26-04-2011, 10:33 AM
It will be showing here. We have a few old friends coming for the weekend. The outline plan is kids on a bouncy castle (if it arrives in time) women watching the wedding, blokes doing the BBQ with beer in hand! TBH I don't mind what's on the telly if I'm outside with a beer! :D

Paul Beazer
26-04-2011, 04:40 PM
I have every intention of doing as much cycling as I can. Thus meaning im no-where near a TV or Radio and I won't have to listen / watch all these cretins winding themselves up into a foaming love-in pile.

RobboVR4
26-04-2011, 07:40 PM
It will be showing here. We have a few old friends coming for the weekend. The outline plan is kids on a bouncy castle (if it arrives in time) women watching the wedding, blokes doing the BBQ with beer in hand! TBH I don't mind what's on the telly if I'm outside with a beer! :D

BBQ now thats a very good idea.

Kryton
26-04-2011, 08:23 PM
BBQ now thats a very good idea.

I was looking forward to one here but looks like its gonna be chucking it down all day here :( Guess I will have to try & think up some sort of drinking game to make the day more interesting. Any suggestions anyone?

Kryton
26-04-2011, 08:27 PM
Oh my days, result :d Someone has already gone to the hassle & it looks like essentially the Soccer Saturday game with a Royal Twist.

Here we go.....

1. If the Queen is on the screen you must be drinking. The woman has ruled the country for over 50 years, the least you can do is get destroyed in her honour.

2. Any time Prince Harry appears all players must produce a Nazi salute. The last player to do so must consume 5 fingers/mouthfuls for their poor reactions.

3. If Elton John is spotted the last person to shout "Candle in the Wind" must drink 5.

4. Any time time paralells are drawn to the Diana and Charles wedding (or any previous Royal Wedding for that matter), by commentators or otherwise, all players must consume 3 fingers/mouthfuls of their drink.

5.We're British (or shall assume the role for the day), which means we're a simple folk who enjoy comforts such as bacon and beer. With this in mind then, what better way to greet our anthem than with a hearty chug. As a result when the National Anthem is playing, everyone must be stood up and drinking. (Cheers to Will Sugg for inspiring this rule)

6.William will one day become king of this fine country, a fact that needs to be celebrated no? Every time the word "future" is said, in the mentioned context or not, an amount no less than 1 finger must be added to the "Future Kings Cup" by any player. This should then go in a clockwise direction from the first player to do so everytime future is mentioned, to ensure the cup has a good mix of drinks.
(Cheers to Sam Baggot for inspiring this rule)

7. And following on from Rule 6, The last person to shout "God save the future King!" upon the proclamation of "I now pronounce you man and wife" has to down the Future King's Cup. I fear for those that are last here, I really do.
(Cheers to Dick Sharp for inspiring this rule)

8. Prince Phillip has found a warm place in many of our hearts, his "Racist Grandad" appeal simply too hard too dislike. As a result, whenever he is shown independant of the Queen (to avoid complications with rule 1), the last player to shout "Bloody Foreigners" must drink 3 fingers. Penalties can be awarded for anyone who makes no attempt to imitate his accent.

9. Prime Ministers never tend to be popular, but our current one is hated even by those standards. So to allow you all to "stick it to da man" whenever our fearless leader David Cameron appears on screen, the first player to shout "****" (substitute for a less offensive word if necessary) is allowed to come up with a rule of their own. Enjoy your one chance at tyranny!

10.Whenever the union flag appears on screen, the first to shout "rule brittania" is bestowed with the honor of delegating four measures however they see fit, one for each nation of the UK. This can either be to single player, or spread amongst them. Make sure our great flag is honoured with the drinking it deserves!:5shots:

Nick Mann
26-04-2011, 09:51 PM
The weather is looking dicey here now too. I'd imagine the mothers of previously mentioned kids would be a little upset if us dads had a go at that game. We might have to come up with more subtle rules!! :P

SGHOM
28-04-2011, 03:05 PM
I've bought me sen a bucket of sand for the big day..... Head, bury ;)

On a side note, tomorrow will be exactly 28 years since I said "what the feck am I doing here?"

chris g
28-04-2011, 03:07 PM
And where were you when you said that...?

Humpty's Revenge
28-04-2011, 03:12 PM
And where were you when you said that...?

The Abbey.........:runkest:

SGHOM
29-04-2011, 11:34 AM
Just a tip for Kate .....

Get on with 'the firm' & always wear a seatbelt, & you'll be fine ;)

SGHOM
29-04-2011, 01:39 PM
Brace yourself pippa..... Harry is on the prowl ;)

Humpty's Revenge
29-04-2011, 06:12 PM
TF That's over with......bring on the reruns for the next 4 months:givemebee

Kryton
29-04-2011, 07:44 PM
TF That's over with......bring on the reruns for the next 4 months:givemebee

Thats exactly why I am not going to be buying a newspaper for the next few days. They are just all going to be filled up with the same cr@p! On a more positive note, I am now to drunk to care :d Productive day!

Nick Mann
29-04-2011, 11:15 PM
I heard a new word today.

QuILF

........ ;)

apeman69
30-04-2011, 01:04 AM
Pass the sick bag!

Sent from my Huge Brain using MyFingers :)

Kryton
30-04-2011, 01:10 AM
Kate Middleton - A whole new meaning to a posh w@nk /haz

Subaru ETA
30-04-2011, 01:59 AM
Kate Middleton - A whole new meaning to a posh w@nk /haz

But my god she's hot :p

VR457
30-04-2011, 02:47 AM
Kate expectations.......Not.

Paul Beazer
30-04-2011, 08:29 AM
I heard a new word today.

QuILF

........ ;)
I must admit ive never thought of Elton John in that way myself, but its a free country.