PDA

View Full Version : run what ya brung

SGHOM
17-10-2004, 11:26 AM
I'm planning on one more trip to the pod on either 31st Oct, or 7th Nov, anyone interested ??
RWYB days give you plenty of oportunity to try & improve your standing 1/4 times. £15 for as many goes as you want !!
All this is dependant on the weather of course. :rolleyes5

Hands up anyone ?? :wavey:

Nick Mann
17-10-2004, 01:46 PM
7th nov? Is that during the VX weekend? :p

Wodjno
17-10-2004, 02:07 PM
I'm planning on one more trip to the pod on either 31st Oct, or 7th Nov, anyone interested ??
RWYB days give you plenty of oportunity to try & improve your standing 1/4 times. £15 for as many goes as you want !!
All this is dependant on the weather of course. :rolleyes5

Hands up anyone ?? :wavey:

Don't know about anyone else but i like the Twice yearly trip , Japshow and The Japanese Performance Show June and Oct .. Think this is plenty enuff chance to test your car and gives you a nice gap in between to make your improvements .. I think too many trips to the Pod in a year will make it not seem such of an "EVENT"
.. And just seem like just another trip down the pod ..

Kieran
17-10-2004, 03:29 PM
Don't know about anyone else but i like the Twice yearly trip , Japshow and The Japanese Performance Show June and Oct .. Think this is plenty enuff chance to test your car and gives you a nice gap in between to make your improvements .. I think too many trips to the Pod in a year will make it not seem such of an "EVENT"

Have to say, I agree with Glenn here. Santa Pod is fun, but it could easily be overdone IMHO. That and the fact that last weekend pushed Hordak's clutch a little further to it's doom... :rolleyes5 :sad3:

(So I won't be putting my name down! :$)

SGHOM
17-10-2004, 03:58 PM
.. I think too many trips to the Pod in a year will make it not seem such of an "EVENT"
I agree with your points Glenn !! but It's not an 'event' as such I'm on about.
I did my 12.96 with 75 bhp of nos, & I think I can go quicker than that, having 100 jets now.
I'd rather try out the performance of the car at places such as santa pod, than the public rd !! & for £15 for as many runs as you like, IMHO It's worth the trip.
If the weather is kind, on whichever date, then I plan on stripping the car completely, & going for a mid 12s !! :rolleyes5 :rolleyes5
to me, It's just a safe 'proving ground' for the modifications we've made to our cars.

Wodjno
17-10-2004, 04:37 PM
I did my 12.96 with 75 bhp of nos, & I think I can go quicker than that, having 100 jets now.

Totally agree with you thats its the place to prove if ya mods are doin the biz .. I know i could have gone quicker too .. "nd to 3rd gear was riding and i know i didn't get the starts quite right .. Also i didn't get no fuel cut so another tweak on the boost could have made the difference to .. Also i run it down the pod with everything in it Bar the missus & kids .. I ran 14.5sec so i'm sure i could have got it down to sub 14's .. But like i say i'm happy to wait til Japshow .. I don't think you will get such a BUZZ even if you do get down to mid 12's if we are not all there to see you do it ... Good look to you and hope you get the result you deserve ..
:-D :hurrah: :bow:

SGHOM
17-10-2004, 11:17 PM
Good look to you and hope you get the result you deserve ..
:-D :hurrah: :bow:
Dont tell Dave that !! :lipsrseal he's the one playing 'catchup' now !! :laugh: :laugh:

Wodjno
17-10-2004, 11:31 PM
[QUOTE=interlec]Don't tell Dave that !! :lipsrseal

Sorry Derek .. But not quite with you on that one :huh: .. Don't no about anyone else but i'm not there to be the fastest VR4 on the day .. Cos if i was i would go to the bank tomorrow draw out all my savings and go and buy all the mods i need to be the quickest .. And quickest i would be .. !! It's just about improving your car a little at a time and enjoying the fact that you have done this.. Anyway like i said b4 hope u get your results .. and don't go blowing your engine...
:rolleyes5 :lipsrseal :p

SGHOM
17-10-2004, 11:52 PM
I think It's now between myself & Dave, as to who has the fastest legnum,[ & not necessarily the fastest gallant ]
I've got the 'bug' for making my car go faster !! :$ It's nothing to do with "mine is better than your's" , It's the fact that my car is pretty damned quick !! & I'd like it to go quicker !! :rolleyes5
call It mid life crisis If you want, but If I can improve on my 12.96 run, then I will be a 'happy chappie' !! :-b :-b

Spirit
18-10-2004, 12:57 AM
As Glenn has said, for me Pod last weekend was going to be purely social i.e. at the time of putting my name down I had the old VR4 and had not done anything to improve the performance since the previous visit so there was little to gain from putting it through the stress. But then of course I bought Simon's and had to see what she was running at with the few mods I had done.

I see Pod as a good testing ground, but twice a year is enough for me. It's not the £12 or £15 to run.....it's the £100+ on fuel and food etc getting there and back - that's £100 towards something else ;)

I am sure there are some on here who could conceivable have some stash of cash and could spend the winter months playing with upgrades and mods - I for one hope there is as I think even you have yet to find the ultimate max for the engine/box Derek although I think you may be close. Just come back safely and in one piece (you and the engine/box/car) and consider the day a success - if you beat 12.96 then we applaud you of course ;)

enigma
18-10-2004, 09:12 AM
Derek, you cant do the 7th November as you are already committed to making the fastest Galant in the World!!!

I dont know where everyone gets the impression that a lot of money has to be spent to go ultra fast?

In terms of things that actually make a difference to my cars performance in a straight line I have spent very little! Sure I have spent money on other stuff, but to get in to the 12s from a standard VR4 can be done for less than £1000, easily!

All you need is a boost controller and some nitrous. An exhaust may help, but I bet you can do it without. An intake may help, but I ran 13.2 without one!

Its not about the money its about the thrill of making your car faster. I get extra satisfaction from trips to the Pod as I have installed and set up everything on my car. I have tuned my car down to 13.2 and will be going faster without any extra outlay.

Sure it may cost £100 for a days entertainment, but thats pretty good value in my book!

Japshow doesn't give you the track time you need to get everything perfect, on a RWYB day you are more likely to get 10-12 runs in and have the freedom to experiment with launches, boost levels etc.

BUT DEREK, YOU CANT GO ON THE 7TH!!!

Wodjno
18-10-2004, 09:23 AM
BDA ...Quote .. I dont know where everyone gets the impression that a lot of money has to be spent to go ultra fast?

In terms of things that actually make a difference to my cars performance in a straight line I have spent very little! Sure I have spent money on other stuff, but to get in to the 12s from a standard VR4 can be done for less than £1000, easily!

Exactly my point Dave !! :D :-b

SGHOM
18-10-2004, 12:59 PM
boost controller, £350
uni-chip, £560
nitrous, £1450, :lipsrseal :$
induction, £25 [ rest is home made ]

the rest of my expenditure has gone on cosmetics. So, less then £2.5K has seen me into the high 12's, & I'd like to go back to the pod soon, to try & get lower !! It's fun !! :-D :-b :-b