PDA

View Full Version : Galant and Carisma discontinued

KEENY
25-04-2011, 09:03 AM
I was in my mitsi dealer the other week and i over heard the manager say

"the next five years are going to be exciting as mitsubishi are taking radical steps to launch 5 new cars, the galant and corisma are history and a new luxury saloon will take there place"

not that this bothers me to much cos we havent had a new galant in this country for years.

Wobble
25-04-2011, 09:05 AM
these (http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/innovation/concept-cars.aspx) ...maybe

Humpty's Revenge
25-04-2011, 09:52 AM
these (http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/innovation/concept-cars.aspx) ...maybe

Wheres the smile for "OMG" & "YOU GOTTA BE KIDING ME"!/JawDroppi

HMG1K
25-04-2011, 09:54 AM
No word on the luxury saloon, seems more like a new Colt (very attractive) and a replacement Outlander which would also be the basis for a new Shogun, again it looks lovely.

This could be the basis for the new luxury car, the Galant concept ZT, however these shots and stories were doing the rounds in 2007. I'm guessing the design would be tweaked to update it for the future. It looks great at the front, buut too BMW 7 series and the rear lights and look need a bit of work. http://www.autoblog.com/2007/10/25/tokyo-motor-show-mitsubishi-previews-next-galant-in-the-concept/

sabreuk
25-04-2011, 04:01 PM
It's strange we are always behind with new variants of vehicle same with hilux surfs we didn't realy get past the 3rd generation but infect the rest of the world are on the generation 6 surf???? The pickups are upto date though same as the galants after the 8th gen galant what happened to 9th and now 10th gen but they are out there just not here I'n the uk???? I've got pics of them just gave to wait till I get to my comp instead of iphone the dark blue galant is the 9th gen the black is the 10th gen and i presume the silver is the replacement

Ghost_2008
25-04-2011, 08:16 PM
It's strange we are always behind with new variants of vehicle same with hilux surfs we didn't realy get past the 3rd generation but infect the rest of the world are on the generation 6 surf???? The pickups are upto date though same as the galants after the 8th gen galant what happened to 9th and now 10th gen but they are out there just not here I'n the uk???? I've got pics of them just gave to wait till I get to my comp instead of iphone the dark blue galant is the 9th gen the black is the 10th gen and i presume the silver is the replacement

I thought the Evo X was the Galant Fortis elsewhere......... I know the Evo X is last Evo to be made........

HMG1K
25-04-2011, 08:25 PM
The silver one above was the Galant ZT concept announced in 2007

crazydriver81
25-04-2011, 08:50 PM
we should be ready to see more "green" models coming from Mitsi. A friend of mine (who is a Mitsi dealer btw) was at a strategic meeting with Mitsi and he told me about the "global small" etc. Mitsi will take a similar route like Toyota and there will be hybrid cars within the next two years.

Mitsi is going green, which means bye, bye to Turbo powered cars...

Ghost_2008
25-04-2011, 10:16 PM
Unless performance meets green, goodbye sports cars....... of course it will get there eventually but I dont like to wait....... not sure what will happen with other firms like Aston, Ferrari etc...... I cant see many people buying the new electric Roller........