PDA

View Full Version : 3000gt turbo's td04's

VR4Kaos
29-04-2011, 10:02 AM
will the turbo's for the mitsubushi 3000gt fit our vr4's if so whats other mods/parts will be needed ect ect ect ect

Wobble
29-04-2011, 10:25 AM
gowf had tdo4's from a gto /3000gt .the ones steve got off him .look at his old for sale thread. here (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?54824-FS-Twin-TD04-13G-s-setup&highlight=td04)

Gly
29-04-2011, 12:34 PM
quick answer no... they will not fit

long and very expensive answer, yes they will fit, but you need to have pretty much everything custom made to fit them

Wodjno
29-04-2011, 01:37 PM
In short.. You can just about fit any turbo's, but it's all about how much work and how deep are your pockets..

Gowf
03-05-2011, 05:18 PM
Yep it can be done, but then so can many things like taking 400cases of Coors from Texarcana to Atlanta and that cost $80,000! My advice, unless you're buying the setup from someone who's already done it (like Steve has), don't go near unless you want your car off the road for a long time and you're pockets to be 10k lighter

VR4Kaos
03-05-2011, 05:20 PM
10k ouch. i so wanted this set up from you Gareth how did we lose communication

Gowf
03-05-2011, 05:20 PM
Because you didnt offer enough! haha

You interested in that Tommie?

VR4Kaos
03-05-2011, 08:56 PM
just noticed in my phone the message i sent hasn't acutely bee en sent sorry dude I'll resend it now mate ;)

foxdie
03-05-2011, 08:58 PM
£10k to fabricate pipework for a new pair of turbos? I knew it was expensive but this is ridiculous!!

Wodjno
03-05-2011, 09:10 PM
I reckon it could be done for a 1/5th of that /Hmmm

foxdie
03-05-2011, 09:16 PM
I'm already looking into purchasing T304 and T409 steel pipework and maybe investing in welding equipment myself, still can't believe it's that expensive.

Gly
04-05-2011, 04:16 AM
dont forget all the supporting mods,

injectors. boost control?(wastegates?), ecu, actual labour (you want it done well, otherwise you'll end up with **** manifolds that dont flow well/keep breaking)
new oil/water lines fittings, oil cooler + lines,
added insulation (wraps, ceramic coatings)
down pipes, tuning/dyno time

it all adds up...

make a budget, triple it, thats what it will end up costing.

Gowf
04-05-2011, 11:04 AM
dont forget all the supporting mods,

injectors. boost control?(wastegates?), ecu, actual labour (you want it done well, otherwise you'll end up with **** manifolds that dont flow well/keep breaking)
new oil/water lines fittings, oil cooler + lines,
added insulation (wraps, ceramic coatings)
down pipes, tuning/dyno time

it all adds up...

make a budget, triple it, thats what it will end up costing.

Exactly Carsten......

Do you honestly think i spent 10k on manifold fabrication? The final manifolds cost me around £2500, so the rest is just in supporting it. What you've also got to think of is that 10k is conservative. As has been said you will always go way over budget. And this was all before new clutches and rear diff's to cope with it all

Humpty's Revenge
06-05-2011, 08:27 AM
And my budget was £200.75p! On a serious note I'm still making a list in my garage on here & yep it's not cheap but no worries, make the most of being here so why not spend out on what you enjoy?

ILLEGAL
06-05-2011, 02:00 PM
i would get the turbos.. then, off the factory turbo manifolds (collector) i would get flanges cut.. then use a single 2" steam pipe to go from that flange to the turbo flange of the new turbo. make a new intercooler Y pipe from both turbos to the factory pipe pre intercooler. then 2.5" down pipes from the turbos to the factory/existing exhaust system. run the factory internal wastegates on the td04's. new oil and water hoses wont cost bugger all.. then thats the turbos fitted and running.... the beauty with mitsubishi air flow meters is it will account for the extra air flow... what will most likely happen is the fuel cut will change from 15psi down to around 12psi. so there are a few options to change this and the cheapest effective way is to upgrade the injectors but not too big (30% larger will be enuf) and fuel pump. and use a reflashd factory ecu to run them.. or even a Apexi AFC will be a ok alternative. and that will be about it for the basics just to get this engine running.

OR GET A SINGLE TURBO ON THAT V6! HAHA.

Gowf
06-05-2011, 02:19 PM
i would get the turbos.. then, off the factory turbo manifolds (collector) i would get flanges cut.. then use a single 2" steam pipe to go from that flange to the turbo flange of the new turbo. make a new intercooler Y pipe from both turbos to the factory pipe pre intercooler. then 2.5" down pipes from the turbos to the factory/existing exhaust system. run the factory internal wastegates on the td04's. new oil and water hoses wont cost bugger all.. then thats the turbos fitted and running.... the beauty with mitsubishi air flow meters is it will account for the extra air flow... what will most likely happen is the fuel cut will change from 15psi down to around 12psi. so there are a few options to change this and the cheapest effective way is to upgrade the injectors but not too big (30% larger will be enuf) and fuel pump. and use a reflashd factory ecu to run them.. or even a Apexi AFC will be a ok alternative. and that will be about it for the basics just to get this engine running.

OR GET A SINGLE TURBO ON THAT V6! HAHA.

Thats all well and good, but where do you put them once you've extended these manifolds with new flanges? There is very little space on the front and the most you could do (as with the way valmes did) is use a relatively thin adapter flange. Unless you want your turbo sitting inside your rad or below your sump

ILLEGAL
06-05-2011, 03:05 PM
please refer to my last comment in that post! :P

Oggie
07-05-2011, 01:29 AM
i know i can get some custom manifolds made up in chch.. 800 for one with or without wastegate mount.
If i was gonna go single trubo iw ould be buying the manifold and custom plenum though racefab.
also he garrantees his manifolds wont crack.