PDA

View Full Version : Unknown warning light

rikward
19-10-2004, 09:34 AM
Please enlighten me...

Driving to Peterborough last night a warning light started flashing whilst on the M1. :sad3:

It is an orange coloured symbol in the shape of a car skidding. What does this actually mean on the Legnum? ABS? Traction control?

Also, has this ever happened to anyone else before?

I stopped in a village for a pint to contemplate whether I should continue driving. Having decided to continue driving as the drive did not appear to be effected, the light did not continue to flash once I restarted the car. Should I be concerned?

zentac
19-10-2004, 09:39 AM
On the FTO its the ABS light which could mean you ABS fluid is low.

MTB
19-10-2004, 10:46 AM
should it be the traction control warning?

Physician
19-10-2004, 10:54 AM
It is definitely your Traction Control warning light.

This happened to me once and I believe others have also had this issue. Mine would not stop after switching off engine and restarting so I disconnected battery which cured it.

It could be one of the sensors at the wheels which had some dirt which then cleared.

rikward
19-10-2004, 11:00 AM
I tried switching the engine on and off a few times. This did not cure the problem.

15 minutes rest and a pint did though. :beerbang: :sleep:

KiwiTT
19-10-2004, 08:58 PM
Was it wet ? Check your tyres ?

Get new tyres

Engine Warning light too ?

If it is during the day, Take it directly to a Mitsi Dealer, who can put a MUTT on it and diagnose.

rikward
20-10-2004, 09:31 AM
The road conditions were a little damp and there was plenty of crap on the road. I think a lorry had shed several tonnes of earth down lane one of the motorway.

The tyres themselves are new (well 600 miles or so).

I have not used the car for two days and have no need to until Thursday when I travel home from Peterborough. That will be a testing 200 mile journey!

I'll pop it into a garage on Saturday.